ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are photos on social media of the girls in the house and you can zoom in and see 2 different doors that have number locks on the interior of the home.
Interesting. Perhaps the locks were changed because it was a party house, and the girls didn't want people going into their rooms and taking their stuff?

However, it raises the question of how the killer accessed the rooms. Did they have the code, or were the locks disabled/doors slightly propped open? Personally, I can't imagine leaving the locks on all the time and having to punch a code in in the middle of the night when you come back from the bathroom.

If it's already been discussed don't worry about it. I'm a little late on researching this. Apologies for repeat content.
It’s ok, the threads move fast and sometimes it’s hard to keep up. It has been discussed a lot but there hasn’t been any verification from LE as to what exactly the roommates saw, where they saw it, etc. There have been a lot of theories we’ve talked about that addressed the discrepancy (i.e. maybe the victim’s door was locked and when they didn’t a knock or call, the surviving roommate called LE and reported an unconscious person; maybe the person they found “unconscious” was laying on their back, but the stab wounds were on their back and may not have bled too much for the roommate to notice; my personal theory - the surviving roommate did see more than just a person unconscious but that was how dispatches classified it per their protocol and LE is only specifically referencing in their press releases what the call was categorized and not what was actually seen.)

Sorry, that was rude. I can give you the Cliffs Notes:

Some think it makes no sense at all.
Some think it's likely the victims were locked in rooms and not seen, but not responding to knocks or phone calls.
Some think E was laying face-down in the hall or living room without any blood showing.
Some think the wording "unconscious" is sort of a default lingo for 911 calls.
Some think one of the surviving roommates saw a victim butchered, ran outside, and passed out.
Some think the victims were covered in a blanket or bedspread in their room and the blood wasn't seen.

I leave anybody out?
The dog….. :D

Alright, now I have to ask… was the dog swabbed for any DNA? Did the killer pet the dog? May have been some evidence there.
Exactly! The killer could have even given the dog benedrill to make him sleep. Most home invaders intent on murder just kill the dog. Maybe this killer knew the dog and just couldn't harm him. JMO

Sorry, that was rude. I can give you the Cliffs Notes:

Some think it makes no sense at all.
Some think it's likely the victims were locked in rooms and not seen, but not responding to knocks or phone calls.
Some think E was laying face-down in the hall or living room without any blood showing.
Some think the wording "unconscious" is sort of a default lingo for 911 calls.
Some think one of the surviving roommates saw a victim butchered, ran outside, and passed out.
Some think the victims were covered in a blanket or bedspread in their room and the blood wasn't seen.

I leave anybody out?
Dang, you said it better than me. Not fair.

Interesting. Perhaps the locks were changed because it was a party house, and the girls didn't want people going into their rooms and taking their stuff?

However, it raises the question of how the killer accessed the rooms. Did they have the code, or were the locks disabled/doors slightly propped open? Personally, I can't imagine leaving the locks on all the time and having to punch a code in in the middle of the night when you come back from the bathroom.
About the locks. I don’t know why X’s father didn’t mention changing locks when he was originally interviewed. He DOES mention that the front door had a number lock - so if anything, I think he may have replaced/fixed that. But I do not put much credence into him actually replacing any lock, much less her lock, since he didn’t mention it, unless LE asked him not to.

‘She’s a tough kid’: Avondale father says University of Idaho student killed fought her attacker

Well let’s see if my thought makes any sense before you dig deeper lol…
I’m thinking if it was a formal it would’ve been in the evening? (But maybe not?) Because if E took his sister, that could mean that E and X were separated for a chunk of time Sat evening - could they have been separated during some part of that 9pm-1:45am portion that LE is interested in?

MOO
E got to Sigma Chi around 8pm with Xana. Allegedly only stayed an hour (hence the 9pm timeframe). According to Xana's father she was 'watching a movie with her boyfriend' when he spoke to her aound midnight.

Dog that size doesn’t pee in the house unless it’s not trained just my experience in my opinion
And honestly I’m not even sure how old Murphy is.. and where he was kept during his visits with K while she lived there

Sorry if this was already shared. More about the parents.

I’m not sure I would reach the conclusion this guy has reached, but I do agree K’s father has released details that are unsubstantiated.

- K and M were found in the same bed
- K was more brutally attacked than M
- perp entered by sliding door or window on 2nd floor

Where did he get these details?
None of these pieces of information are on the Moscow PD Update.
We don’t even know if they are true.

If he thinks by releasing info to the public it is going to make LE trust him with more info, he is wrong. It would seem to me a Gag Order is warranted?

JMO

Last edited:
I think the most likely explanation about E&Ks whereabouts is that they, knowing the had an empty house, went to it after hanging out at the sigma chi party so they could be alone for a little bit.

X’s father said he last heard from her around midnight and that she was at home. Which would totally track with my opinion above.

I think the bigger question would be (if the above os accurate) - where did they go when they left the house the second time, when did they leave (would have been after midnight), and why? Maybe it’s as simple as they were done with their alone time and wanted to go hang with friends again.
Maybe they were just taking a nap at the empty house before returning to the frat house. It seemed to be a very busy and exhausting weekend.

I know I would have needed a nap!

View attachment 385259View attachment 385260

One thing that doesn't quite add up, based on what the articles are saying (and if this has already been pointed our please remove my comment) is that the police are describing the crime scene as messy and "quite a bit of blood" yet when the surviving roommates called 911 they reported an unconscious person saying they "thought someone had passed out"

No, this is a common misunderstanding. According to LE:
The surviving roommates summoned friends to the residence because they believed one of the second-floor victims had passed out and was not waking up.

Presumably, friends went to the house and [???] - LE has not released additional information about this period, but there's at least one obvious possibility. Then...
At 11:58 a.m., a 911 call requested aid for an unconscious person.

Do not put too much thought into the wording here. This is not a quote from the call. If the word 'unconscious' was actually uttered it was probably the dispatcher who said it first.

Last edited:
Honestly, it is difficult to keep up with the threads I wholeheartedly agree with that - being I struggle with it myself. But I promise you there is nothing new of significance currently that you would be missing in this latest thread - if you were to take the time out to go back and read some of the previous 21 threads, we will still be here when you’re done and have gotten up to date and refreshed the memory. It will help the flow of the new threads immensely. JMO.

Last edited:
Dog that size doesn’t pee in the house unless it’s not trained just my experience in my opinion
Sorry, was just trying to convey the concept of doggy pads, to the poster who referred to ??? dog being trained to litter box???

I was not actually shopping for approp. size pads for the smaller Murphy, who may be perfectly house trained and have no need for this product. IDK. And not commenting on owner's training methods.
[ ^^^^ No sarc.^^^]

Poor doggo, glad he's back in a familiar house or apt.

I have a very different way of looking at this. I trust the experts, in this case, that is the detectives in LE. And they know what information is ok to release and what isn’t. Their releases don’t go against their own interest. Apparently, some people seem to feel that they have equal or better knowledge than LE to decide what is safe to release not to jeopardize the investigation.
Well I’m just not sure. I live in a very small town and we had a murder here and it was grossly mishandled— not intentional but just because LE had never had anything like it. Eventually FBI & state LE were involved but crime scene was mishandled and people were allowed to leave, etc. and I grew up with several of the people at LE and they were super nice people but I don’t know that I would’ve trusted them to be smart enough to solve the murder. And they were not.

Years later, the perp killed again and was caught and fessed up to the crime in our town. He said he had laughed when things were ruled out not understanding how they could have been.

Anyway— the LE were great people who I know were doing their best but when it is one of the only murders they had ever worked, it seems fair to question accuracy.

I know that SG has said he has talked to those who have more experience and is seeing things being possibly mishandled— like the autos being left out in non controlled environment in broad daylight. If cleared, give the cats back but they said they kept them in case they needed them again— like maybe looking at the computers to find X & E whereabouts.

I know I have one of those insurance things in my car and the insurance tracks all trips and I’ve known people who had their stolen cars located with the app. Idk.. just an example.

I’m just saying that doctors, law enforcement, and many other things are not as great as where there is more experience. I would always go to the larger city doctor to perform a surgery because he has done 1000 of them and our doctor here has done 10. Same principal. Just some food for thought.

Exactly! The killer could have even given the dog benedrill to make him sleep. Most home invaders intent on murder just kill the dog. Maybe this killer knew the dog and just couldn't harm him. JMO
Even gravel will calm a dog after an hour

View attachment 385259View attachment 385260

One thing that doesn't quite add up, based on what the articles are saying (and if this has already been pointed our please remove my comment) is that the police are describing the crime scene as messy and "quite a bit of blood" yet when the surviving roommates called 911 they reported an unconscious person saying they "thought someone had passed out"
well they also supposedly describe this victim, who is probably very clearly deceased, as being unconscious. my thought is they never saw the victim - the door was locked so they couldn’t get in that room.
i’ve also wondered how the survivors didn’t immediately notice that there had been a crime — but maybe the house was messy so any additional disarray didn’t stand out. or, maybe this killer was so precise, that the mess was contained to the beds/victims. i’d think there might be traces of blood and maybe there were but it wasn’t so obvious as to alert the roommates.
i don’t know - the more i think about it, the more creepy the scene sounds. IMO this killer knew exactly what they were doing

MOO

Sorry, was just trying to convey the concept of doggy pads, to the poster who referred to ??? dog being trained to litter box???

I was not actually shopping for approp. size pads for the smaller Murphy, who may be perfectly house trained and have no need for this product. IDK. And not commenting on owner's training methods.

Poor doggo, glad he's back in a familiar house or apt.
Sorry❤️

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members