ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It really could be anything. If the killer had closed Maddie’s door on the way out, maybe the dog just climbed into her empty bed right next door.
I think since K&M were in bed the dog was probably crated in K's room , most of the dogs I've owned we crated at night ,I don't see anything about the dog being important to the investigation just moo

Lots of threads, catching up...

Can someone drop me a link of the food truck 'hoodie' guy.......seems lots are talking about his mannerisms in the video clip.

TIA

Also from the Moscow Police:
At this time in the investigation, detectives do not believe the following are involved in this
crime:
• Male in the Grub Truck surveillance video,

Regarding commercial DNA testing, couldn't LE just submit a sample that they are sure belongs to the perp? Sure they have their own labs, but this would enable them to get the coveted matches that any competent genealogist can trace within a week to a short list of suspects. This would require no subpoena. I know these companies usually use a saliva sample, but if you have any fluids containing DNA, they will be able to process it.
Forensic DNA processes are much different from the way commercial companies process. DNA is very complex.

Thanks! Wish he'd give his source. Was it LE or the medical examiner??

SG doesn't say outright except that he "Paid for it." I cannot be 100% certain, but it sounded like he probably paid for a private autopsy. They are also good friends with M's parents who may have done the same. The other possibility is that both men viewed their own daughter's remains prior to cremation. However this was done, these men must have shared information with each other about the state of their daughter's remains. I cannot blame them for doing that. In their position, I would have had a private autopsy and asked for photographs and shared information with M's father as well. I would want to know exactly what was done to my child and used that information in the future for a book I'd probably write and also for a victim's statement at the conclusion of the murder trial should that happen.
Next of kin can obtain a copy of an autopsy.

I believe he was saying he paid for her funeral and it was his right to share the information he wants to. Which sadly is probably why LE isn't sharing much with them. JMO

They are alway available to the next of kin by written request. Next of kin can also have their own autopsy done. They must pay for it, but if your family member was a crime victim, it makes sense to have another autopsy done just to make sure nothing was missed and to get a second opinion on any questions you may have.
They’ve been sealed from the Delphi families for nearly 6 years.

I tend to agree with Kaylee's father (SG) that if an individual had a strong alibi, they would do everything they could to get cleared (like the neighbor that was mentioned before who submitted his DNA voluntarily). Especially before leaving on holiday or doing anything else that could arise suspicion. I'm talking generally and not referring to a specific individual so as to not violate forum rules. Because why wouldn't you? I'd be giving DNA, alibis, people that can vouch for you, basically anything possible. Not only to protect myself/my family, but also to HELP LE get closer to the real perp.

The only reasons I can think of that someone (especially someone who is being publicly dragged through the mud on social media) WOULDN'T be doing that above is if (a) they were told by LE to NOT do so publicly so as to throw off the real perp but behind the scenes is obviously cleared or (b) they are the perp.

MOO

I still believe that LE has some type of concrete information that places the attack in that narrow time frame of 3-4am.

Three weeks in, it’s possible they have some dna back, but any mixed blood samples they have found may take longer.

I’d also add that if any prints were found at the crime scene and they aren’t in the system, they could collect a comparison if they have a POI in mind. Garbage is free game once it leaves someone’s house.
Couldn't they have narrowed it down due to estimated TOD?

The below is strictly my opinion only.
I hate to say this but maybe contrary to what was released there could be a chance she was the only one sexually assaulted. he may have killed everyone except her so he could assault her and then kill her. I hope this is not the case.
No they have already said that there was no sexual assault

Couldn't they have narrowed it down due to estimated TOD?
Not in my opinion. I talked about this on thread 15 (I think) and the coroner was asked about an approximate time of death and she said she couldn’t give one because too much time had gone by. She didn’t get there until 5pm.

Detectives may have noted any rigor mortis but they are not trained like a medical examiner on what to look for. Additionally, no temperature check was done when they were found (again, only an ME has the equipment and knowledge to do this.

MOO

Also from the release - DOG INFO

There have been numerous requests about the dog found at the residence on the
morning of November 13th
. Arriving officers entered the residence and found the
deceased victims. During the search of the home, a dog was found in a room where the
crimes had not been committed. Officers did not find any evidence on the dog and there
was no indication the animal had entered the crime scene. The dog was taken to Animal
Services and released to a responsible person.

While the dog was in the house when officers arrived, it has not been determined where
the dog was physically located when the murders took place.
Think that means that dog was either shut in the empty bedroom on the second floor or in kaylees bedroom (whilst she was in with maddie) Kaylees parents said he wasn't a barker and would most likely of hid.

First part is jmo

There’s a good amount of info in the release. My takeaways are as follows:

1-There are no named suspects or suspects in custody, but does not state there are no suspects or POIs.

2- The release did not clarify more than “male in grub truck surveillance video”. In light of interviews today, I am surprised at that unless there is a reason. Nor was anything updated/added to that video in the rumor section.

3- Dog was found in room where murders did not take place. That leaves the 1st floor, Ks room on the 3rd floor, and the room opposite Xs on the 2nd floor.

4- The still don’t have a ton of info about X&Es whereabouts - how is that even possible?
The release states: “There are no named suspects” — I think, at least according to that wording, they might not even have a potential suspect because a potential suspect would have a name. To me, this statement sounds as if they don’t have any suspects or even POIs. Have their statements discussed POI’s before? Maybe they’re not using that wording? Idk.

IMO, it reads as if the dog was kenneled (probably in KG’s room), he could have been in the 2nd floor room as well also, but if I have to kennel my dog for some reason, I’d want him as close to me as I could so I could hear if he whined or needed me and didn’t bother others.

He obviously just could have been locked in a room, but it’s usually good practice to kennel a puppy (under 1 year of age and KG’s dog is 7 months old, IIRC) to prevent messes, help with kennel training at night, etc…

Last edited:
Next of kin can obtain a copy of an autopsy.

I believe he was saying he paid for her funeral and it was his right to share the information he wants to. Which sadly is probably why LE isn't sharing much with them. JMO
They have a right to procure their own autopsies but not the LE autopsy obtained for the purpose of investigating a murder.
Am I right?
LE autopsy result would be obtained for the purpose of the trial?

In the 12/5/22 Investigation Update by Moscow Police Department, I don't think it can be more clear that the authorities in charge of this case have not released additional detailed information to SG, and his recent statements during numerous interviews over the weekend should be considered his opinion only.

Also from the Moscow PD Update, Hoodie Guy (Male from the Grub Truck) is NOT a named POI/Suspect, and remains on the list of persons believed NOT to be involved in the murders per LE.

12/5/22

Updated Information:

• There have been statements and speculation about this case, victim injuries, cause of death, evidence collection and processing, and investigative techniques. With the active criminal investigation, law enforcement has not released additional facts to the family or the public.

We recognize the frustration this causes and that speculation proliferates in the absence of facts. However, we firmly believe speculation and unvetted information is a disservice to the victims, their families, and our community.

The Moscow Police Department is committed to providing information whenever possible but not at the expense of compromising the investigation and prosecution.

[
..]

• At this time, no suspect has been identified and only vetted information that does not hinder the investigation will be released to the public. There is speculation, without factual backing, stoking community fears and spreading false information. We encourage referencing official releases for accurate information and updated progress.

With regard to Hoodie Guy, (the Male in Grub Truck Video) it's SG's opinion only (i.e., speculation and unvetted info) that LE cleared him too soon and SG wants his alibi released. SG has said if he believes the alibi is solid, he'll drop it.

Given that parents of victims have never governed criminal investigations, I'm perplexed why there's any question that a parent can name a POI/Suspect over law enforcement. This makes no sense to me. o_O MOO

At this time in the investigation, detectives do not believe the following are involved in this crime:

• Two surviving roommates,
Male in the Grub Truck surveillance video,
• Private party driver who took Kaylee and Madison home on November 13th ,
• The male Kaylee and Madison called numerous times during the early morning hours of November 13th,
• Any individual at the residence when 911 was called, or
• The individual on the lease who moved out of the residence before the school year started and was not present at the time of the incident.

Makes no sense to me, either.

Sure, I wanted to know where the dog was, why he didn’t bark, was he locked up or let out by the killer, walking around the crime scene. But I don’t think it’s my business, nor does LE owe anyone an explanation. Just like the exact nature of wounds, and how many people might be upset with SG possibly saying things that could affect an eventual prosecution. This could be one of those things that only the killer might know. Weed out false confessions and all that. The press releases that includes lists of cleared people, and stuff like this-I don’t know. Feels funky to me.
I think LE are the only ones who have the right to determine what is our business, hence why they’ve released it. JMO.

Jake loved Maddie.
(I hate how they say he broke his silence, like the roomies, when they’re just quoting from the service.)

I disagree only because the tabloids aren't getting inside sources to talk but I do believe that SG did offer to BE privately what he feels makes the injuries different.
<modsnip>

There is no indication that SG offered any additional information to BE than what they both state during the interview.

And that also means there is no indication of who may have been more brutally attacked than who else. We only know that SG said there were "differences" in the "means of death." The nature of those differences has not yet been disclosed.

Last edited by a moderator:
This part is odd too. Was the dog in a crate? Was it closed in a separate room? By the victims when they went to bed, or by the perp before he committed the murders? Because it says "it has not been determined where the dog was physically located when the murders took place" - wouldn't there be blood on the dog if it was around during (or after) the murders? And if it was crated by the victims before they went to bed or something, wouldn't that be something the surviving roommates could confirmed ("we put the dog in the crate every night. or the spare room") or something like that. Just weird to me they don't know more about this, but not sure that it's really relevant..?
Jmo but it makes sense that the dog was hiding under a bed in an empty room, that way it's not closed in anywhere because obviously it would still be in the closed space once police arrived. So likely the dog had access to the areas where the murders happened but dog was found in another room?

I tend to agree with Kaylee's father (SG) that if an individual had a strong alibi, they would do everything they could to get cleared (like the neighbor that was mentioned before who submitted his DNA voluntarily). Especially before leaving on holiday or doing anything else that could arise suspicion. I'm talking generally and not referring to a specific individual so as to not violate forum rules. Because why wouldn't you? I'd be giving DNA, alibis, people that can vouch for you, basically anything possible. Not only to protect myself/my family, but also to HELP LE get closer to the real perp.

The only reasons I can think of that someone (especially someone who is being publicly dragged through the mud on social media) WOULDN'T be doing that above is if (a) they were told by LE to NOT do so publicly so as to throw off the real perp but behind the scenes is obviously cleared or (b) they are the perp.

MOO
MOO but another reason is just not trusting the police, if someone distrusts the police (which a lot of people do) I can see them not wanting to give dna to the police voluntarily

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member