ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did we need to know about Murphy?
Well, if I recall correctly, a lot of people wanted to know where Murphy was when the murders occurred. Or are you thinking that there is an ulterior motive behind the release of this specific info now? I’m a tad lost here…

To me, any new info released is good. JMO

I think he's referring to her funeral.

"Their points of damage don't match," he continued. "I'm just going to say it. It wasn't leaked to me. I earned that. I paid for that funeral. … I sent my daughter to college. She came back in a box, and I can speak on that."
So K's father likely compared information with M's family regarding their daughters' injuries?

I've been with the parents 1000% but demanding to evaluate the alibis of private US citizens is so far out of reason. I wonder who is counseling them, not "who", exactly, I just hope it's not some new "friend of the family youtuber" trying to make a buck off a tragedy. I think that reporter should not have prodded them into it, either. It's not enough to broach a subject like that and tell them just don't name anybody.

This is a pr disaster.

Imo
I got that vibe very strongly during the Fox interviews too. I felt they were really manipulative. He is so vulnerable and desperate that I don't think he sees it.

I'd like to know Brian Entin's source for Kaylee's injuries being more brutal than the other victims. He just posted this which seems to contradict his previous statements. I also doubt LE would tell Mr. Goncalves details about the other victims' injuries.

BE is quoting the 12/5/22 Moscow Police Update in OP's link. IMO, News Nation's source that KG's injuries were more brutal than MM's was SG who may have visually compared their wounds. Nonetheless, I think it's clear from the MPD Update that LE has not released additional facts to the family, media, or the public.

Well - there are the Manson family murders and the Gainesville Ripper cases. It's not entirely unheard of.

I will admit my mind goes to "someone on periphery of their social world." That person thought of themselves as somehow closer to them than he actually is.

I do believe that the perp may well have fantasized a situation where one or more of these young people was mean to him or anathema to him or simultaneously attractive/repulsive to him. Hopefully LE is giving all their data to profilers and others for separate opinions,
yeah that's fair. Manson murders were more of a "cult" type style yeah? i'll be honest, i don't know much about the Gainesville Ripper cases at all. only thing i know is that my one of my favorite films was based off of it.

as for periphery, that's where my brain is comfortable sitting in regards to their connection to the victims.

Well, if I recall a lot of people wanted to know where Murphy was when the murders occurred. Or are you thinking that there is an ulterior motive behind the release of this specific info now? I’m a tad lost here…

To me, any new info released is good. JMO
There was also a question whether the dog was barking during the murders. LE didn't want to confirm or deny it. If the dog did bark, it would likely be reported by neighbors as the surviving housemates were sleeping through the attack.

Regarding commercial DNA testing, couldn't LE just submit a sample that they are sure belongs to the perp? Sure they have their own labs, but this would enable them to get the coveted matches that any competent genealogist can trace within a week to a short list of suspects. This would require no subpoena. I know these companies usually use a saliva sample, but if you have any fluids containing DNA, they will be able to process it.

It definitely seems like a change in how they are wording X & E's time at the party. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I don't recall them saying "believed" to be at the Sigma Chi House in earlier statements, opting for a more definitive statement about their attendance at the party.

But strangely the earliest conversations on this did indicate that E&X were only confirmed at the party until 10pm. I remember lots of questions about the gap between then and when they arrived home, and also questions about how LE even knew they arrived home at the same time as the girls.

Regarding commercial DNA testing, couldn't LE just submit a sample that they are sure belongs to the perp? Sure they have their own labs, but this would enable them to get the coveted matches that any competent genealogist can trace within a week to a short list of suspects. This would require no subpoena. I know these companies usually use a saliva sample, but if you have any fluids containing DNA, they will be able to process it.
genuine question: how would they be so certain it belongs to the perp?

IMO this case has spiraled completely out of control and I hope it doesn’t impact any potential prosecutions down the line. I don’t think it is any particular party’s fault. Seems like the local LE called in the FBI big guns right away and have tried to stay one step ahead of the crazy media narratives. And the parents are only doing what they feel is best to get justice for their kids.

With all these conflicting interviews and backtracking and “clarifying” statements, it makes me wonder about the communication system between all interested parties. If LE really had NO leads, NO suspects at all, I would think there would be a more united front across LE agencies, prosecutors, and family to ask for tips and help. I get the feeling that LE has someone in their crosshairs and is just trying to get all the evidence together before an arrest, but as a result, they have to keep the families somewhat in the dark until that’s all done.

IMO this case has spiraled completely out of control and I hope it doesn’t impact any potential prosecutions down the line. I don’t think it is any particular party’s fault. Seems like the local LE called in the FBI big guns right away and have tried to stay one step ahead of the crazy media narratives. And the parents are only doing what they feel is best to get justice for their kids.

With all these conflicting interviews and backtracking and “clarifying” statements, it makes me wonder about the communication system between all interested parties. If LE really had NO leads, NO suspects at all, I would think there would be a more united front across LE agencies, prosecutors, and family to ask for tips and help. I get the feeling that LE has someone in their crosshairs and is just trying to get all the evidence together before an arrest, but as a result, they have to keep the families somewhat in the dark until that’s all done.
i agree with this. i really do think that they have someone in mind and under watch. i just can't imagine they don't with just how tight to the vest they've been keeping everything.

Re: the dog, I feel, based on the newly-released comments about it being found in a room where the crime did not take place with no evidence on it, it may have run and hid when the intruder entered the home. It could even have been hiding under a chair, etc in a common area, such as the kitchen. It would not have to be in a private bedroom necessarily. I don't think we know for sure whether or not it was typical that they crated the dog, but if they did, that could be another possibility. Maybe its crate was in a common room. Just speculation
Have been following all this and from the start I’ve felt that the dog is important in this case. The dog had to have been shut in a room otherwise as the bodies were not discovered until noon it’s very unlikely that if the dog was loose that he wouldn’t have gone to look for his owner. What isn’t known is who put him in the room. If the killer put him in then at least that adds to a profile of someone who likes dogs. But of course it could have been that the girls were in the habit of putting him in a room.

I don't even know LE have a DNA sample for the killer/s.
He/she/they got in and out fast, successfully slaughtered several people and got away and 3 weeks later...
Quite possible, depending upon the nature of the attacks, we don;t have that information, it could have been a highly professional killer who knew what steps to take to prevent a DNA trail.
It's a massive crime scene because so many people visited the house.
I don't know that he left any calling card at all, let alone DNA.

He never actually said that Kaylee's injuries were more brutal. He also didn't say Maddie's were. He just said the "means of death don't match," and without clarification, this could be taken in a number of ways.

JMO

In the subsequent interview with Brian Entin, things were quite a bit different. Entin claimed that sources indicated K's injuries were much more brutal than M's and K's father confirmed that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member