ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When asked if SG was comparing KG's wounds to all the victims, reporter Brian Entin confirmed SG was only comparing his daughter's wounds to her best friend MM. (Assuming the families shared info with each other when the bodies were released). From the beginning, SG stated that he speaks for both KG and MM.

I wouldn't read too much into grieving parents opinion of the severity. It would be a horrible emotional moment to witness any wounds. If LE did not state the difference in severity, I think it would be hard for a parent to decipher.

It appears that LE isn't relaying all the info as the family is telling it to the press.

''Detectives are looking for additional context to the events and people involved in these murders. To assist with the investigation, information can be submitted through the following tip lines:
Police said they will continue to release information that does not hinder the ongoing investigation into the murders. At this time, there is still no suspect.''

i initially theorized it would be an unknown person. or someone that is *just* outside of the circle of friends. however, i just can't wrap my brain around it being 4 very personal stabbing deaths and it being someone who didn't know them.

Yeah fair enough, I meant unknown as in unknown to the public so far. I do think there is a chance the killer knew them, but not necessarily that they knew the killer.

Yeah fair enough, I meant unknown as in unknown to the public so far. I do think there is a chance the killer knew them, but not necessarily that they knew the killer.
OOOH okay. unknown as in a person who has been safe from the witch hunt of the internet. i follow now. LOL

In one of his interviews he makes the comment “I paid for it”, I wonder if he was referencing that?
He could also be referencing the funeral costs. I don't know specifics, but he could have asked to see her prior to them doing what they needed for the funeral. I am sure there would still be some damages visible he could see prior to getting her ready.

I wonder if that was what KG’s dad was referencing when he said “I paid for it”?
I think he's referring to her funeral.

"Their points of damage don't match," he continued. "I'm just going to say it. It wasn't leaked to me. I earned that. I paid for that funeral. … I sent my daughter to college. She came back in a box, and I can speak on that."

No - 23andme and Ancestry don't do that. Nor to my knowledge has any LE tried to get them to do that.

Easiest workaround is to get sibling's cousin or sibling to submit to both 23andme and GEDMatch. GEDMatch doesn't do actual DNA testing, most people get it done at 23 or Ancestry then upload the results to GEDMatch, whose sole purpose is to show matches. Of course, the other two services also show matches - to the person who provided the sample (who can then share it with anyone they want).

Oh, and I was wrong about 23 - it was Ancestry who has (one time) given up data to LE (with a subpoena). In 5 cases, 23 was able to successfully argue in court that they don't have data on a sufficient number of markers to make it useful or viable info for LE.
Huzzah. We agree. :)

MOD NOTE:

You may discuss what the father says in any of his interviews. You may choose to believe him or not to believe him. The father has whatever information that LE has chosen to tell him - and that may or may not be complete information. The father may have a POI in mind, but that does not mean that the person is actually a POI.

You may NOT take what the father says in his interviews and use it to discuss, sleuth, or accuse anyone who has not been declared a POI or suspect by LE. Websleuths' policy is and always has been that those not named POI are not to be sleuthed.

Actually, it's a fact that on this date, specific persons are NOT named POIs/Suspects by Moscow LE:

At this time in the investigation, detectives do not believe the following are involved in this crime:

• Two surviving roommates,
• Male in the Grub Truck surveillance video,
• Private party driver who took Kaylee and Madison home on November 13th,
• The male Kaylee and Madison called numerous times during the early morning hours of November 13th,
• Any individual at the residence when 911 was called, or
• The individual on the lease who moved out of the residence before the school year started and was not present at the time of the incident.

Interesting that they are only now asking for information about E and X's timeline!

My opinion.
From latest MPD release, December 5:

Detectives continue investigating what occurred from approximately 9 p.m. on November 12th to 1:45 a.m. on November 13th, when Ethan Chapin and Xana Kernodle were believed to be at the Sigma Chi house on the University of Idaho Campus at 735 Nez Perce Drive. Any interactions, contacts, direction and method of travel, or anything abnormal could add context to what occurred.

Hmm, I was sure they seemed certain X & E were at the party for several hours until returning home around 1:45am? Perhaps I misread this at the beginning of the case.

In the 12/5/22 Investigation Update by Moscow Police Department, I don't think it can be more clear that the authorities in charge of this case have not released detailed information to SG, and his recent statements during numerous interviews over the weekend should be considered his opinion only.

Also from the Moscow PD Update, Hoodie Guy (Male from the Grub Truck) is NOT a named POI/Suspect, and remains on the list of persons believed NOT to be involved in the murders per LE.

12/5/22

Updated Information:

• There have been statements and speculation about this case, victim injuries, cause of death, evidence collection and processing, and investigative techniques. With the active criminal investigation, law enforcement has not released additional facts to the family or the public.

We recognize the frustration this causes and that speculation proliferates in the absence of facts. However, we firmly believe speculation and unvetted information is a disservice to the victims, their families, and our community.

The Moscow Police Department is committed to providing information whenever possible but not at the expense of compromising the investigation and prosecution.

[
..]

• At this time, no suspect has been identified and only vetted information that does not hinder the investigation will be released to the public. There is speculation, without factual backing, stoking community fears and spreading false information. We encourage referencing official releases for accurate information and updated progress.

With regard to Hoodie Guy, (the Male in Grub Truck Video) it's SG's opinion only (i.e., speculation and unvetted info) that LE cleared him too soon and SG wants his alibi released. SG has said if he believes the alibi is solid, he'll drop it.

Given that parents of victims have never governed criminal investigations, I'm perplexed why there's any question that a parent can name a POI/Suspect over law enforcement. This makes no sense to me. o_O
MOO

At this time in the investigation, detectives do not believe the following are involved in this crime:

Male in the Grub Truck surveillance video,
• Private party driver who took Kaylee and Madison home on November 13th ,
• The male Kaylee and Madison called numerous times during the early morning hours of November 13th,
• Any individual at the residence when 911 was called, or
• The individual on the lease who moved out of the residence before the school year started and was not present at the time of the incident.

I've been with the parents 1000% but asking to evaluate the alibis of private US citizens is so far out of reason. I wonder who is counseling them, not "who", exactly, I just hope it's not some new "friend of the family youtuber" trying to make a buck off a tragedy. I think that reporter should not have prodded them into it, either. It's not enough to broach a subject like that and tell them just don't name anybody.

Imo

Last edited:
i initially theorized it would be an unknown person. or someone that is *just* outside of the circle of friends. however, i just can't wrap my brain around it being 4 very personal stabbing deaths and it being someone who didn't know them.

Well - there are the Manson family murders and the Gainesville Ripper cases. It's not entirely unheard of.

I will admit my mind goes to "someone on periphery of their social world." That person thought of themselves as somehow closer to them than he actually is.

I do believe that the perp may well have fantasized a situation where one or more of these young people was mean to him or anathema to him or simultaneously attractive/repulsive to him. Hopefully LE is giving all their data to profilers and others for separate opinions,

From latest MPD release, December 5:

Detectives continue investigating what occurred from approximately 9 p.m. on November 12th to 1:45 a.m. on November 13th, when Ethan Chapin and Xana Kernodle were believed to be at the Sigma Chi house on the University of Idaho Campus at 735 Nez Perce Drive. Any interactions, contacts, direction and method of travel, or anything abnormal could add context to what occurred.

Hmm, I was sure they seemed certain X & E were at the party for several hours until returning home around 1:45am? Perhaps I misread this at the beginning of the case.

It definitely seems like a change in how they are wording X & E's time at the party. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I don't recall them saying "believed" to be at the Sigma Chi House in earlier statements, opting for a more definitive statement about their attendance at the party.

It seems LE are still needing info to confirm what they were doing.
I wonder if we have a group of peoples not being forthcoming and upfront about certain events and timelines to LE. This doesn’t insinuate anything nefarious to include murder, but to deduce the effect of alcohol and/or drugs being prevalent. Something, I believe, LE said they don’t care about.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

In the FAQ section from the Town of Moscow's website:
  1. Who is NOT believed to be involved?
  • Male in the Grub Truck surveillance video,
  • Private party driver who took Kaylee and Madison home on November 13th,
  • Any individual at the residence when 91 of the residence before the school year started and was not present at the time o1 was called, or
  • The individual on the lease who moved outf the incident.
The police have been adamant about not wanting rumors running rampant and only wanting vetted information out there. When they make a point to post this information online, I'm pretty confident I can believe what they're saying.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member