ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 23

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I considered that too, but I am thinking the coroner said stabbed in the chest (?) Would the aorta be quick enough? He would have had to strip the blankets down? I just don't get the 2 girls in one bed. It had to be done so quickly.
It's a bit challenging to find a usable link. This discusses abdominal aneurysm bursting which I'm thinking the timeline of a severing stab would be awfully close. This says theoretically a minute.

I haven’t been stabbed but I have been unexpectedly attacked and badly beaten by strangers during a home burglary, it wasn’t quick.
I tried to scream but no sound came out.
The body does strange things during shock and fear, I completely lost control of my voice.
i believe that. Once long ago I lived off campus in an iffy neighborhood, and in the middle of the night I awoke to hear/see the window sliding up. I could not scream. Turned out it was a "friend" pranking me. But I'll never forget that dreamlike inability to scream. And my mouth was wide open.

The reason I keep saying that the stabbings required strength (assuming chest) is because I judge things through my own abilities, I wouldn't be able to do it quickly.

I concur. How long is it going to take to enter the premises, stab four people to death on two separate floors without waking up #5 and #6 on the ground floor when two occupants are sleeping in the same room x 2?

Ingress and egress the premises

Never mind Murphy not barking, then being unknown to the dog?

Thats sounds tricky. How long did it take? 60 minutes?

Is the perpetrator a freakin Russian ninja? TIC

imoo

#1122 #king #queen #moscow
60 minutes! Wow, I was thinking more like...6.

Alot going on. I keep going back to sick individual from the apartment complex with infatuation and got in over his head. Killer doesnt show up with only a knife intending to kill 4 imo. Why was K in M's room, did she walk in on assault. Did killer try to assault M and didnt know both girls were in her room and had to kill them both. Did killer go to assault K and found both in M's room. Does K being back in town spark opportunity and make her the target. Why wasnt there a party going on at the house that night,(Homecoming football game going on), does that spark opportunity. Was there a conflict the weeks prior at a house party and they calmed it down. Also being around halloween you know they had parties. And that brings up another topic. Halloween was 2 weeks prior, alot of new movies had come out and it may have inspired someone
A lot said.IMO, K being back in Moscow for a short period of time and than leaving soon-it had to be now or never for the killer

Four people, two separate floors, each in the same room.

There must be other aspects as stabbing in the stomach is slow. You would wake up thrashing to some degree. There is only one perpetrator handling two people in the same room, in the same bed?

Me too, 6 at the most. Slide door open, sprint lightly upstairs on adrenalin, maybe 2 minutes for the two, downstairs, confront E (which I think happened). Possibly < 1 minute for him, push him back in, kill X who by that time saw him coming. Possibly took longer for her than the others. Back out, 5-6 min max. to end 4 vibrant unique lives.

Last edited:
Question: Has there been an estimated time of death for each of the victims?

I'm over the hill and I have never heard of that. But I have been out of the bar scene for a few decades. I can't see it happening at a bar, maybe a independent club like skeet shooting competitions? What I DO know is that the axes/knives that are used throwing competitions are special nor useable for what we know them for. Not like a knife most of us know, but thin and special weights distributed to throw properly.

This axe below will NOT chop wood for example.
The axe throwing bars are trendy in the hipster community. It’s basically darts for the bearded and flannel-wearing community, or maybe like hackey sacks or frizbees for the non-hippie sect. I don’t think the axes used are particularly vicious, but I suppose anything can be if used for murder.

Me too, 6 at the most. Slide door open, sprint lightly upstairs on adrenalin, maybe 2 minutes for the two, downstairs, confront E (which I think happened). Possibly a minutes just for him, push him back in, kill X who by that time saw him coming. Possibly took longer for her than the others. Back out, 5-6 min max.
Without a scream or waking up others on other floors through the process.....

I've searched photos of the second story slider for the bar stools wedged in it's tracks. Tonight on Banfield they ran undated footage that shows this. I've added an additional photo I found.

Attachments

• IMG_20221206_212819229_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20221206_212819229_HDR.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_20221206_212851328_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20221206_212851328_HDR.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 66
  • Screenshot_20221206-065131.jpg
    Screenshot_20221206-065131.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 68
The axe throwing bars are trendy in the hipster community. It’s basically darts for the bearded and flannel-wearing community, or maybe like hackey sacks or frizbees for the non-hippie sect. I don’t think the axes used are particularly vicious, but I suppose anything can be if used for murder.
I've seen axe and knife throwing on sports channels on TV. Axe throwing bars not uncommon even in mid-size cities in the South.

I have no set theory, I change my mind constantly as to what could’ve happened and because of that my thoughts below will contradict each other but I think they’re all worthwhile thoughts to share…

Do we know if any of the victims bedroom doors were locked upon LE arriving? I know there has been some talk over locks being changed and why but I personally wouldn’t find locks on their individual bedroom doors unusual given it’s a party house. I would however find it odd that they would lock their bedroom doors when there’s no party particularly given how close they all were with each other and the *alleged* carefree attitude they had with locking the main house door. I can imagine a scenario though where the 2 surviving housemates went to bed at a normal time and because they were unsure who would be coming in and out of the house that night they locked their individual bedrooms doors when they went to sleep. E, A, K and M all came home much later and given the time figured no one would be hVing any parties or people over so they went to bed and didn’t bother locking as they knew it was just the housemates home. This also fits in for me if the 911 call was passed around to multiple people… the only scenario I can imagine multiple people needing to take the phone and speak to emergency would be because they were hysterical. That also IMO fits in with them calling friends to come over first - they weren’t thinking straight because they had seen something. I take the reports of an “unconscious person” with a grain of salt as that sounds very much like it has come from the operator at some point, as in “are they breathing” etc “…you believe the individual is unconscious” then that being relayed to police/ambulance. I’ve heard very graphic deaths referred to by emergency operators as an unconscious person. I also can’t imagine 20 or so year old girls using that terminology in that moment, even if they hadn’t seen a body. It just sounds very formal.
I guess my theory here is maybe the entire house was targeted by some random psychopath unknown the the occupants and he/she DID try to go into the lower level rooms but they were locked.

My other thought is, and others I’m sure will be able to speak of this more than me… could the perp have entered through the 2nd floor sliding door via the bush land on Walenta Drive and not have actually realised the lower floors had bedrooms? I’m not sure what house styles and layouts are typical there, however personally thinking of houses where I am I would assume that lower level is a garage if I only saw the house from the back/sliding door/deck side. The fact that cars were parked in front of that lower level also looks to me like they’re all parked in front of a garage (if I didn’t notice the windows that is).

Anyway, that’s my ramblings of the moment. No doubt I’ll change my mind again in 5 minutes time!

I just wanted to give everyone a quick update on the Google press photo album that is linked to the first page of this thread —

I initially allowed others to add photos to the album. Unfortunately, I’ve had to change this setting because photos from social media accounts and/or screenshots of unsubstantiated rumors were being added. I have since removed the aforementioned photos from the album and will continue to do my best to keep it updated with sourced photos as often as I can.

For all those thinking this had to be someone skilled and strong to pull this off….please look up the The Haines family murders in Manheim Pa. 16 year old Alec Kreider stabbed to death his best friend and his parents, leaving no DNA behind. Had Alec not confessed to his father, he may have gotten away with it. Middle of the night killing with no forced entry…….this case reminds me a lot of the Haines Murders.
The “no dna left behind” is discouraging.

They must have strong alibis as in physical evidence putting someone 5 hrs away if that is indeed where they went and the times have matched up to clear them. Because if i just committed 4 murders i would probably be getting as far away as possible to dissopse/burn evidence and that would seem very strange to me imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maryopanda