ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even expanding it to the 1.9 million people in Idaho and say, the probably sparsely populated counties of western Washington, there is going to be a relatively small number of white 2011-2013 Hyundai Elantras.
Could be a much wider area for all we know?
Pretty sure they have located all owners by now so I'm wondering why they announced it?

Who is likely to buy a car of this make model and year?
What age group?
It seems old but must have been well maintained to still be functional?
Unless they know the owner was not the driver that night?

We've been through this at length many threads ago. It is a used vehicle, so not expensive.
The price around me Dfw area is $25,000 to $30,000. Depends on what you call expensive. Used car prices are really inflated now.

The white car belonged to one of the girls, maybe X. You can see it here:

The-house-where-four-University-of-Idaho-students-were-murdered.jpeg
Obviously a Chevrolet

Remember when they were collecting evidence on deep skid marks in front of the house on the road? I couldn’t figure this out at the time, but now it appears to tie in! They will have the tire type, brand and size also!
Someone in one of the threads when they were photographing tire marks mentioned that they may have consulted Mona Lisa Vito and it looks like indeed they did (... or at least her real life counterpart).

It's heartening to have this news.

I think LE would have checked for recent reports of that type of vehicle being stolen. JMO.
If the vehicle come from interstate, FBI will query the national licence database for stolen vehicles. Stolen plates might trigger the police media release.
The occupants maybe foreign national and the vehicle from South America say

Last edited:
David Muir nightly news: just now. Police in Moscow say they are looking for a vehicle : 2011-2013 Hyundai Elantra. The did not say the color but showed an example of the car by using a white one. Evidently it was seen in the vicinity that day . I expect this is prob already posted upthread with a link to mpd - I have not gotten there yet.

I think LE would have checked for recent reports of that type of vehicle being stolen. JMO.
It might not have been “stolen” in the traditional sense, but it could have been borrowed without permission. Something along the lines of someone grabbing their roommates car keys and “borrowing” their car while they are asleep.

It might not have been “stolen” in the traditional sense, but it could have been borrowed without permission. Something along the lines of someone grabbing their roommates car keys and “borrowing” their car while they are asleep.
Absolutely. I was just responding to a post about it possibly being stolen.

I agree (hope). The only way I would imagine a witness being that specific is if they had the same car and committed it to memory when they saw it.
I didn’t pay attention to that video body cam the other day so now I’m wondering did the police put that video out there to appease the public‘s need for information or did they put it out there knowing and hoping somebody might know something? Not that they need to appease the public….

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member