DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The white car belonged to one of the girls, maybe X. You can see it here:

The-house-where-four-University-of-Idaho-students-were-murdered.jpeg

is it that a H E 2011- 13?

different badge and rear lights?

I do not. I just mean that it is a car that is primarily driven by females due to its quite small size and "cute" factor.
This article said the Elantra's occupant(s) seen near the scene on Sunday morning may have seen something important and they would like to speak with them - nothing was stated about them being a suspect (male or female):

"Police on Wednesday also said they are looking to speak to the occupant or occupants of a white 2011-2013 Hyundai Elantra that was in the "immediate area" of the home the morning of the murders.

"Investigators believe the occupant(s) of this vehicle may have critical information to share regarding this case," police said.
"
Idaho murders: Police start removing victims' belongings from house

I know LE investigated a stalking incident with K and two men at a business, but did K ever clarify if her stalker was male or female? The article I read didn't say.

Reactions: nao
Same! And I honestly doubt it.

Plus not the best car to have in Moscow, ID...only front wheel drive and low ground clearance.
am just looking at them online and they all seem to look like this, below

( I haven't done a thorough search but I keep getting this rear view - which is different from that white car parked up at the houseScreenshot 2022-12-07 at 23.55.01.png

I was watching Brian Entin talk about the Hyundai as he stood in front of the house. It always strikes me how condensed the area appears from the front. You’ve got another house practically in the driveway, another behind that, the apartments. Not to mention it’s a cul de sac. One way in & out by vehicle.
I know many didn’t have cameras pre-crime but not having a Ring device myself or camera, how much can you see on those?

Sure, but if police have a vehicle with stolen plates, they will be confident in making a public release.

It could be, A, B, or C

The reason I say it could be stolen, is if the vehicle is local, police have already run the database and know who's car it might be.

Being a multiple murder case, the person that committed this crime probably wanted an unidentifiable vehicle, aka stolen with common status. Thats criminal tradecraft
Run what database? There is zero evidence to suggest this vehicle is stolen. Every vehicle is 'potentially stolen' by those standards.

This might be completely unrelated/have nothing to do with it but Hyundais and Kias are being stolen like no one's business all across the country because the stupid manufacturers didn't install a vital anti-theft piece. (Still waiting to get my Hyundai back that was stolen in October yay). But, I wonder if this could actually be a stolen car....idk

<modsnip - no link from an approved source> Thankyou.

Are Homeland security checking databases?

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe strongly that law enforcement needs to be more creative in attempting to catch the perp in this case. I have said it before, but I have seen law enforcement put out false information - for example, why couldn't they put out some false information that they know more than they do- this could serve to draw out the perp- I really don't think it is helpful for their investigation to admit they are clueless- I suppose it is possible they have more information that they are not sharing with the public or the parents, I certainly hope so.
I was watching Brian Entin talk about the Hyundai as he stood in front of the house. It always strikes me how condensed the area appears from the front. You’ve got another house practically in the driveway, another behind that, the apartments. Not to mention it’s a cul de sac. One way in & out by vehicle.
I know many didn’t have cameras pre-crime but not having a Ring device myself or camera, how much can you see on those?
Or maybe the perp went out the front then through the back woods where the apartment complex is ….. then maybe inside the complex .? Lived there maybe ?

Are ANPR cameras used in the US?

I'm guessing that the reason they can't identify the plate is that it was seen on a ring doorbell camera near to the home and they haven't been able to account for it.
Yes but IDK how many there are in Idaho or which highways they're located on

but if they're making a vehicle appeal they must have already got the registration details of every white 2011-2013 Hyundai Elantra and then contacted registered keepers of all local ones before putting out this public appeal? And that search & those calls came to nothing.

Even if it's stolen they must have already checked all available city camera footage for any white car at, for example 2am - 6am and not found anything

plus they'll have access via FBI to AI video analytics. ( You download all traffic camera footage from the whole state and add your cam clip of the white car & the tech sifts all the footage to see if the same car has been captured elsewhere)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper