ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip - quoted post was removed>
Why does white matter?

In Ireland older Japanese cars are the most commonly stolen as they've no immobilizer apparently.

That would explain why police are releasing a statement, this case is so high profile that anyone near the scene would've already come forward.
So this must be the killers car.

Last edited by a moderator:
That’s precisely what I wondered after searching online. Was it a neighbor’s front door that was open or the house where the kids lived?

ETA forgot the quote =|

Why does white matter?

In Ireland older Japanese cars are the most commonly stolen as they've no immobilizer apparently.

That would explain why police are releasing a statement, this case is so high profile that anyone near the scene would've already come forward.
So this must be the killers car.

White is the most common vehicle colour

Experienced criminals love white cars. White cars are harder to look for because they are everywhere.

Not referring to the Hyundai they are looking for, replying to the post with the Google Maps photo. :)
So now we need to go back and compare - here is the not blurred photo of cars parked in front of 1122 Kings Rd - I can't tell what this white car is, but obviously LE blurred the photo on Googlemaps for a reason although I'm not sure why yet:View attachment 385709

sorry,
saw this one on the same page & 2 + 2 did not = 5

I do not. I just mean that it is a car that is primarily driven by females due to its quite small size and "cute" factor.
It doesn’t seem cute to me, just utilitarian. 2013 cars are long ago sold by car rental companies, who turn over their fleet pretty often. It could be a hand me down car, and whoever drives it is happy to just have wheels. Could be a food delivery person, even an Uber, surprisingly. 15 years old or newer in most of Idaho. If it was a student, only way university would have the license plate is if they needed campus parking. I’m not sure of UI’s cars on campus rules. Would UI give up a list of their students’ cars in this case?

Rentals leave records. Maybe the department could check/run recent sold cars that did not transpire to new owners?
I think it all come down to whether they think the driver(s) is a witness or a suspect. If a suspect, I’d grab every white Hyundai Elantra in ID/Eastern WA for those years in and start locating them until one sticks out (in tandem with this report to the public from LE to look for it)

If it’s a witness they are looking for, that’s a whole other story.

I tend to think suspect. And by nature, everyone that knows someone that own or drives this car will look at them differently. I expect them to find tips, and I also expect if the killer owns one, that he will freak out and act really shady. Which is probably exactly what LE wants

Unless the vehicle was stolen for a crime
There a Facebook page for stolen cars in the PNW. I'll paraphrase a post that caught my eye:

On October 17 someone stole a 2013 white Hyundai Elantra from Vancouver WA. Stolen from a senior citizen and has a handicap placard. They give the VIN and said it's been reported to LE>
·

If u google maps down Queen towards King and look up King street you can see a light colored 2011 Hyundai parked near the other party house. U can also see a blue civic that looks similar to X's car. The pic is from Google maps Oct 2021
Great find! Be sure to send to Moscow PD. They probably have it but, jic.

I travel for work a ton. You’re hard pressed to see cars even 5 years old from any reputable company, much less 10.

Great call out
I just had a white 2020 Elantra as a rental and I had a white 2017 Elantra rental in 2019. 2-5 years old seems normal for a rental. MOO it's too old to be a rental.

I think we are overlooking X's locks being changed the week prior by her father. What caused her to have her father come and change the locks. It was the weekend following Halloween, do we know if they had a party at the house over halloween weekend. Alot of people in costume, someone couldve been casing the house then, did X notice something missing from her room that prompted her to get the locks changed, was she in fear of something

Related to that, it's been interesting to me that members of Greek life and friends of the victims haven't really spoken about this case to media, other than early on. I imagine there is some level of being told not to do that by LE so as not to compromise the investigation, but to what extent? Given the vast amount of interviews LE has claimed to have done, no one has blabbed about what they were asked? I'm sure there are legal reasons, but it's just interesting to me given the amount of social media interest into the case that there haven't been more leaks along those lines, even if anonymous
That is most likely the case. LE isn't going to announce any suspects, and they are going to warn everyone they speak to that it is an ongoing investigation and ask (tell) them not to discuss it with anyone. Besides compromising the investigation, it muddies the jury pool when they go to trial. If information is shared publicly but not entered as evidence, how can people remain neutral?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298