ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what, I remember reading something about a person that people were suspecting wore a watch on their right hand. I know this is vague and I cannot even remember where I heard/read it. It struck me because I am right handed and I have always worn my watch on my right hand and only have met like 2 other people that do the same. It just stuck out to me because generally, lefties wear their watch on their right hand, generally. Just an interesting thing to consider.
Funny I do too. So maybe not that uncommon? Imo

Finally, this is what we need.

I have to say my theory of a perp on foot, isn't such a slam dunk now.
I think this is a badly-needed break, coming on the heels of today’s release of 20 minutes of footage taken during a nearby police call, in the early morning hours of November 13, as featured on News Nation’s Banfield .

X + M have photos on their Instagrams at the house as far back as Fall of 2021. K and the SRs were not in any of the photos at the house until this fall. So it seems like X + M may have lived there during the 2021-2022 school year, but it’s not a confirmed fact.
Thank You!!! I don’t have Instagram so I was only able to see a few of their photos from the links provided here!

young male in North Idaho is probably way less than that, IMO

True, but someone brought up a point on another forum that college kids drive anything. They do, of course, but these cars are so small that any male over 5'9" would have an issue with comfort and utility. I'm 6'2" and can barely fit in compacts like that.

It might not have been “stolen” in the traditional sense, but it could have been borrowed without permission. Something along the lines of someone grabbing their roommates car keys and “borrowing” their car while they are asleep.

Sure, but if police have a vehicle with stolen plates, they will be confident in making a public release.

It could be, A, B, or C

The reason I say it could be stolen, is if the vehicle is local, police have already run the database and know who's car it might be.

Being a multiple murder case, the person that committed this crime probably wanted an unidentifiable vehicle, aka stolen with common status. Thats criminal tradecraft

Could be a much wider area for all we know?
Pretty sure they have located all owners by now so I'm wondering why they announced it?

Who is likely to buy a car of this make model and year?
What age group?
It seems old but must have been well maintained to still be functional?
Unless they know the owner was not the driver that night?

Given the age, it might be someone's mom or dad's former vehicle that was passed down. Or it may have been bought used. If you scroll down here you can see the buyer demographics: 11 Hyundai Elantra Facts And Statistics You Should Know - Engine Patrol

Are ANPR cameras used in the US?

I'm guessing that the reason they can't identify the plate is that it was seen on a ring doorbell camera near to the home and they haven't been able to account for it.

True, but someone brought up a point on another forum that college kids drive anything. They do, of course, but these cars are so small that any male over 5'9" would have an issue with comfort and utility. I'm 6'2" and can barely fit in compacts like that.

Sure, it would be a bit uncomfortable for certain people with larger frames, but it doesn't mean someone wouldn't drive it because it's not the most comfortable. My father, 70, with plenty of money to afford a more than comfortable car, still chooses to drive tiny micro-vehicles, and he is 6'2 225lbs... I've laughed for years about it, because he looks like the Incredibles dad huge man in tiny car...

The little boy was strungled, with killer's bare hands. The pаrents and their little daughter were killed with knife. Killer spent some time in the family home after killings: ate their food, usef their toilet, slept on their sofa, used their computer. DNA and fingerprints of the killer recovered from the crime scene, case never sold.
Every incident of this nature is unique. IMO references to historic cases serves no purpose. Investigators deal with what is in front of them. Digging in to this situation. This case has many “leads” and many POI’s. Digging takes time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper