ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Many fraternity houses have surveillance cameras— externally and sometimes internally. Can anyone confirm if the Sigma Chi house did?

Several posts about it - they did not.

Must have done a pretty good job of hiding a pretty large knife!

From whom? This person was not seen by anyone who survived. All it would take would be a sheath or other holder for the knife somewhere on the body and a jacket. Google horizontal sheaths, knife sheaths, etc. Tons of options.

I believe that Brian Etin interviewed the house president, with the president saying that there are no cameras on the property

Thank you. That surprises me, with a chapter house of that size. Fraternities can be challenging to work with so I hope their National Org has stepped in to make sure the members are upholding their values and integrity and are being completely forthcoming with LE.

LE has asked for info about X&E’s whereabouts on the night in question. I know they can trace their phones & ping them off of towers & get a general area, but couldn’t they also use an iwatch or fitbit style tracker if they had one? Would this give them a more precise location? Of course the point is moot if they didn’t have the technology. JMHO

Regarding the car, did police identify the vehicle via CCTV or ring-camera driving into the area prior to the murders, and leaving the area after the murders? If the vehicle was used to commit pre-meditated murder, maybe the licence plates were removed or obscured with snow?

Interesting (and in line with some of my thoughts). Do you think this was a friend of E&X? Friend of a friend? I'm leaning to this person not being connected to this particular frat house, but I'm very curious who was in the King Road house overnight that night.
IMO Probably an acquaintance, rather than a close friend. Very possibly a frat member. I don't think they would have brought a stranger home.

I'm not convinced that the killer didn't come home -with- E&X. Someone who claimed they needed a place to crash for the night. Maybe said they'd had an argument with their girlfriend, or had locked themself out, or perhaps got tossed out of the frat?

If E&X invited the person to sleep on the couch, they'd be in the house, know where everyone was sleeping, and know when things got quiet and everyone went to sleep. If they came in after the 1st floor roommates went to bed, they probably wouldn't even know anyone was down there.
I get it but the only thing with this is if someone came home with them or came home with M+K, there would always be a chance any one of them could post on social media or text someone something like "So and So is here with X and Ethan" or "So and So came home with M+K tonight because he's fighting with his girlfriend and wanted to crash here." Seems too risky if he wanted to kill them knowing it's possible anyone else in the house could have told someone he was there before he killed them. This goes for whether he planned it ahead of time or not I guess.

Did you see that guy pull a baseball bat out of his sweat pants the other day? Hiding the knife would be easy, I think. The blood, not so easy.

JMHO
This is a large knife that would require a sheath as well. Not saying it isn't possible to conceal, but not something you can easily *stuff* somewhere. Besides, that would make them among the unluckiest people in the world, since this would be a *chance encounter* with a killer. MOO

Large knife is relative term. Larger than a pocket knife? Larger than a standard steak knife? Larger than a carving knife? A standard combat knife can be hidden in the top of a boot next to your calf if your pants leg is loose enough (think boot cut jeans), stuffed down the back of your pants with a jacket over the top or in an inside pocket of a Winter jacket. It's not that hard to hide one of those, IMO.

Police seek Ka Bar knife

Any of the motives that have been discussed here. If (for example) the perp was a fellow frat member and also secretly had a thing for one of the girls (or secretly held a grudge against one), the 'excuse' to stay at the house could have been a pre-planned invention.
I just can’t see grudge for jealousy’s sake killing four people. This has to be a wannabe serial or spree killer. has to be.

Isn't that area included on the map LE was asking for surveillance footage for? They may already have an idea of which way the killer went after the crime.

Interesting that considering what’s been let out, they have a supposed direction of travel.
What would the likelyhood be that they had found evidence away from the site of the incident?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lxzycxlm