ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I appreciate the quick response, but this doesn't reference TikTok or a TikTok Challenge. I do believe these cars are easier to steal. I just have a hard time believing it's something kids are doing for fun on TikTok. I do think this is an important distinction because saying it's a TikTok Challenge implies this is something a lot of college-aged kids would know about. That would lead us to think stealing a car is something any ol' college student would know how to do, and I'm less inclined to believe that. I do think it's a subtle but important difference in a story about Hyundais being easier to steal.

EDIT: Thanks to Human for discovering the social media trend stories do not include the car we are discussing. It's only for 2016 models and newer. That should put an end to the idea that any TikTok Challenge is part of this case.
Bumping this post

I am trying to get caught up on the posts. Would someone please give me the link to the latest news conference with the Chief? Thanks!
<modsnip: not an approved source>

Scroll down a bit and you will see a media player. Not a PC, but an interview with local radio. Here is another short interview from today:

Last edited by a moderator:
he scared cuz hes powerless to help. Its a terrible feeling
Putting myself in his place, as best I can, I would want desperately to have the someone made known to me so I would have a place to direct my righteous anger. A face that I could look at and imagine all I would wish to do. A name that I could search for background so I might get a glimpse of the why. I would have a hard time being patient waiting for answers and the things I would be imagining in my head would most likely drive me crazy and alienate all who love me. My heart goes out to everyone who has to walk this road of sorrow.

Yes, I so agree. I was a little hard on him in a comment I made a couple of days ago and I feel bad about it. I don’t think there is a rule book on how to navigate your way thru such an awful event.
Totally agree. Even though there is concern about him hiring an attorney, I feel like it will add a much needed layer of support for he and his wife. Part of an attorney's job is to educate the client on the process and on expectations.
Hoping that will be the case here.

Is this the most high profile criminal investigation in many years?

I live in Ireland so have no idea of media coverage or how much people are talking about it.

I know ye have frequent mass shootings but media cycle moves on quite quickly after those.

This case has a lot of mystery and unanswered questions, so I guess that holds peoples attention more than other crimes I guess.

Does it seem like Chief Fry’s demeanor is a little different in this latest interview to anyone else?
Absolutely.

In another interview I shared he said something like "doing things right at the beginning sets you up for success".

He was referring to handling the crime scene at the beginning.
I think they have something from the crime scene like a print or DNA and it matches to the car somehow. They've someone in the crosshairs.

I've read that 50% of homicides have an arrest after 10 days and 2/3 by a month. So we're closing in on a month

Just my opinion, but I think it was idiotic for this former FBI agent to say that this case is on the verge of becoming a cold case. For crying out loud...its only a month old!
Exactly. Unless he is involved with the case, he does not know why they may be reassigning investigators and it seems irresponsible to say this, IMO

The question I have is what was the order of the murders? Unless all 4 of them were the target, which is possible, then I think which ever couple of students was killed first was probably NOT the target. Why target more people than you have to unless you dislike them all?

Based on what I have read, Kaylee Goncalves and Madison Mogen were up late calling a boyfriend or ex-boyfriend. This may have meant that their light was ON longer than Xana Kernodle and Ethan Chapin, but you would have to look at the exterior of the house at night and also try to determine by each group's movements within the home whether or not one couple turned OFF the light and went to bed earlier than the other couple. It does not prove anything, but it could help explain the killer's movements within the home and come closer to understanding the truth about what happened that night.

How hard can it be to track down a car if they have such specific information about the model and year? There can't be that many in the state. Why do they need to appeal to the public and flood their tip line?
You'll notice a lot of out-of-state license plates on any college campus. Kids bring cars from home to use at college so they may not all have Idaho plates.

JMO

INTERVIEW WITH CHIEF FRY

8th. December.

Reporter - First, start by explaining why this search for this white vehicle?.

Chief - So, we have information of a white vehicle that was in the area either, during the time frame of the homicide or around the time frame of the homicide, and we're just wanting to talk to the individuals who were in that vehicle. They may have some valuable information for us and we're looking for a 2011-2013 Hyundai Elantra. So any assistance you can give us, anybody that owns one, anyone that knows of someone who owns one or may have been driving one, if you could get a hold of us through our tip line or call us directly, we'd appreciate that.

Reporter - This bodycam image and the white car - Is this the white car Investigators are looking for?.

Chief - So, the bodycam image that is out there, from an officer who was on a call with alcohol offence, does have a white vehicle in it. This is not the vehicle that we were looking for. So, we wanted to clear that up with all news media.

Reporter - And finally, the tip line, the process - What do you want to tell the public about that?.

Chief - So, the tip line now will go to an FBI call centre. We've done that because we started receiving many, many tips and that call centre can categorise those and they can send those tips back to the investigators so we can follow up and make sure that we continue with our investigation.

I live in Ireland so have no idea of media coverage or how much people are talking about it.

I know ye have frequent mass shootings but media cycle moves on quite quickly after those.

This case has a lot of mystery and unanswered questions, so I guess that holds peoples attention more than other crimes I guess.
IMO it isn't the most high profile in *many* years, but definitely the last couple. I think the fact that it happened to college kids, and there seems to be no obvious suspect, has captured the attention of the country. Add to that the number of victims, the method of murder (stabbing), and that 2 people were left alive. This kind of mystery is the kind that MSM and the general public eat up. MOO

No, it's nowhere near the most high profile criminal investigations of recent years. You may have had something more specific than 'criminal' in mind though...?

Never given it much thought, but it’s crossed my mind. The killer could very well be from the hometown of one of the victims. I’ve always found it odd KG is brutally murdered on this specific weekend when she’s come back for a so called “last weekend” with her roommates. I did the same thing. I went back after graduating to hangout with my friends a few more times before the “party” was over as they say.

I feel like Jayme Closs was high profile too and IMO, it’s the seemingly randomness and mystery that surrounds it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper