ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MIP & being drunk from consuming are entirely different things.

Can’t recall a single minor “consumption” prosecution in this state. Doesn’t mean there hasn’t ever been one, tho, but I’d sure be interested in any case like that in Idaho, a state where, legal or not, kegger high school graduation parties by parents aren’t rare.

See also:
Idaho | APIS - Alcohol Policy Information System

All moo, of course.
Well those guys' over 18 but under 21 in the body cam at 3:0 am were cited. And although citations are very common in many college towns, the vast majority of misdemeanor crime or citations is not prosecuted but pled or papered/diverted.

My neighbors kid is in college at the moment was just diverted on a trespass (actually bumped up to criminal trespass because they allegedly would not leave when asked. So bumped up to criminal charge, but diverted, not prosecuted

Jumping ahead 15 or pages so forgive me if already sleuthed.

I know anything of significance relating to the murders is highly unlikey to be on any police activity logs, however I still spent the very early hours of the night/morning searching all available nearby police logs for stolen or recovered cars. The only recovered stolen car I found in the time frame was in Missoula (4 hours away) on Nov 30 @ 1:29pm

Yes I know its pure speculation the white elantra might be stolen.

Attachments

• missoula.png
    missoula.png
    4 KB · Views: 35
I went back to the very first press release from Nov 18th which stated the information below. I would like to note that this is the FIRST thing LE asked the public for in this investigation. Not for info about X and E whereabouts, not for info about M and K’s night out, nothing about the grub truck but for this :

“Moscow Detectives are seeking help from residents and businesses within the area of West Taylor Ave (north boundary), West Palouse River Dr (south boundary), Highway 95 south to the 2700 block of Highway 95 S (east boundary), and Arboretum & Botanical Garden (west boundary) who have video surveillance at their residence or business between 3 a.m. to 6 a.m. on Sunday, November 13, 2022. Detectives are requesting all available video – whether there appears to be motion and content or not.”

Again with the tight time frame and specific areas listed , this leads me to believe that they learned about this car VERY early on.

And that for whatever reason , they have not, within the last 3 weeks, been able to nail down who’s car this was.

The lighted window in this photo is the room that has the back wall with the (supposed) blood leaking out (per DailyMail photo). "Bedroom D" per the floor layout further down in this post. MOO.

ETA:

1670551740705.png

Just theorizing here. I’m like most of you here, been going back and forth. After the car came into question it made me think more about KG’s stalker and/or talk of one. Everything reported says she was practically finished with school but had at least partially moved out already and was living at home.

I’m not saying all college kids but at least a portion of them would take that opportunity to stay in their college apartment he/she is already paying for and lack of responsibility for a couple of months to live it up. Job coming soon, no serious boyfriend in the picture. Apartment paid or paying for regardless. So hang out and live the good life for bit. But KG didn’t. None of us really know why. Maybe she was a homebody at heart and wanted to spend as much time as she had with her family and friends in her hometown. Or maybe something spooked her.

But then she gets a new car. Proud of it, as she should have been and decides the coast is clear. This stalker won’t know she’s there because she’s in a new vehicle. A different one. Not new but new to her. So she heads back to her college campus for some fun and to share her good fortune with her friends. One last hurrah before joining the real world. The job and the obligations & responsibility that’s going to involve.

Guess it’s a long way of leading to my question: could this be someone who was following her all along, starting at UI then home and back again to UI?

Last edited:
If you are in one place you cannot be in another. Also, if the crime was targeted the killer may have stayed around inside that house for a while to make sure no one survived to call police. Supposedly Kaylee Goncalves's dog was found in a separate room when police arrived.

The question to ask everyone would be, who did not come back to their dorm room, apartment, or home until after 3:30am?

On stolen cars, trends, etc, there are micro trends like whatever is going on on tiktok, much larger trends on urban carjacking which is violent felony (going up on long term trends), and plain old car theft (going down on long term trends).
In my jurisdiction most non force and violence car theft is pled to taking without permission/unauthorized use, minor misdemeanor. If under 25 years old first offense is papered/diverted, ie no record of conviction if you don't get caught again.

I have my doubts though that if this crime was a crime of passion, without person knowing a fair amount about stealing a car, that the car was stolen. One of the reasons why carjacking is so acute is because technology has made it more and more difficult to steal a car .

Last edited:
Maybe, but he says it was parked a few spaces away and K's rig was parked right in front.

"After an initial conversation with a police officer that Sunday, Harsh said he already went back to investigators at the home to report a black luxury SUV that he hadn’t seen in the neighborhood before, parked a few spaces from the front of the home when he made it back early that morning."

Read more at: https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/local/crime/article269736921.html#storylink=cpy
KG's Range Rover was white and it is pretty small- not very SUVish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members