ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO, but I don't think the fact that one of the investigators is from Washington state has any significance, since my understanding is that the border is very close to Moscow, Idaho. I would assume that regional FBI and other LE could live across the state border, but don't think it necessarily has any significance to the case. They could even be drawing upon FBI investigators from across state lines but that have close proximity to Moscow.
I tend to agree. There are several potential reasons not mentioned in this thread though. Could be preparation to extradite a suspect or or prep for subpoenaing material witness. could be be investigators from prior Washington State attack even if they are certain the cases are unrelated, crossing t's and dotting i's.

I think the perps would have fled to Canada by now if that was their plan originally. So LE would be a little late to the border game. Therefore they must believe that the perps now think LE is on to them and may now flee.

If the perp(s) crossed the Canadian border before this information was available, they would have photos they could review looking for a white Elantra from November 13th to now.

We cross the border into Canada a couple of times a year to visit family, and while we wait in line to approach the customs booth, it is obvious that the vehicle is being photgraphed. I am sure they are digitally stored.

When we return to the U.S. and go through U.S. customs, they know exactly how long we have been in Canada, so either they take photos as well as you go into Canada, or they are shared by Canadian customs.

The Washington plates could be the Medical Examiner's office. My understanding is the autopsies were conducted in Spokane. Likewise, some FBI folks could be out of Spokane and use vehicles with Washington plates. Sometimes personal vehicles are used too, and Washington state is only a few miles from Moscow.

My opinion.

A perpetrator goes into a house and violently stabs four people to death with a knife designed for homicide.

The two occupants on the ground floor, are less associated and are unharmed in the incident, although egress may have been hindered by locked doors and if Ethan had been awoken the perpetrator already had stabbed four persons.

Without knowing the movement of the ground floor occupants, the perpetrator takes egress of the building of either the two open doors? The sliding door upstairs?

The perpetrator knows the time has passed enough for the two ground floor occupants to have called 911, and police could attend the scene anytime soon so the perpetrator departs the scene because the risk first responders arrive has rapidly increased.

The perpetrator knows there are smaller females that occupy the house that the perpetrator perceives an easy, albeit cowardice target. Ethan is not a resident of the premises but stays the latter part of the night to morning?

The perpetrator had been watching the targets via social media in a prominent university house?

Police are looking for a non descript high volume production car, with the most common colour, with no distinctive markings that is 10 years old of low resale value.

The perpetrator did not use a firearm with a suppressor inside a heavily insulated structure which would not have been heard externally.

The perpetrator used a knife in a ferocious attack which involved contact with the victims to send a message.

*This is strictly supposition and opinion and not to be taken as fact.
The post is not to be taken as pertinant fact .AIMOO

Statement of material facts can be found here: King Road Homicides | Moscow, ID

Last edited by a moderator:
My thought is that is reflective of the type of work currently required (analysis and evaluation of data, identifying patterns and connections, comparison of data that day to existing patterns, identification of "outliers", enhancing and viewing surveillance, etc).
I agree, some guy or gal has been tasked with Viewing video, another with pings etc. I believe they are just very focused on their needs. I think they know The Who. Maybe he is not in the area? Idk, missing with the car? That would be interesting.

I honestly think, white Hyundai, was a car in some CCTV that was spotted after getting the GPS data from another car. Everyone and their dog with ring door bells have probably given info in the last few weeks. New noise of the white Hyundai, has to be from some place where one of the cars GPS was spotted.

Frat party, running low in beer, someone offers to drive to get some more? Someone who's vehicle is parked a 40 second walk away, and probably really sober, having been out the night beforehand for a formal.

<modsnip - if you have questions or concerns about moderation, discuss it privately with admin.>

Last edited by a moderator:
'The white car is their biggest break in the case as of now.'

Not sure that's all that reassuring.

I suspect the White Elantra is involved.

They aren’t going to say - Mr. Murderer, come on in. We know you murdered them.

For at least five years, there are no suspects in Police Speak, they are POIs until the handcuffs are latched on.

They want to bring in someone as a POI, and the authorities have more legal options than if they name him a suspect.

They say - we want to talk to this person.

IMO, they are looking for the murderer driving that vehicle.

Yes. I agree. In the examples I gave earlier I was thinking this same thing, but forgot to add it.

It seems IMO that someone who believes that not only should he have a bonded relationship with a targeted person, but that they are in effect DESTINED to be together, may respond in one of several ways after he has decided to enact retribution on his target.

One scenario is that the murderer believes that his desired person WOULD have been together with him, but had been thwarted by the close friends and/or family of the target. Then those people become obstacles to gaining the affection and/or attention and must be disposed of, in order for the DESTINED and PRE-ORDAINED relationship to flourish (in his mind only, of course).

In this case, IMO he would kill anyone who was an obstacle and then kidnap his target, such as Jayme Closs and this recent tragedy of the Winek family.

That did not happen here, which is why I think that the object of the fantasy, whichever girl it was, had reacted to him in a way that was intolerable to him. Whether he was ignored, rebuffed gently or rejected completely, he now had an insatiable “need” to kill her. A mission that must be fulfilled. And since he believed that it was NATURAL and ORDAINED that they must be together, it HAD to have been the influence of her circle that thwarted their relationship. Whether romantic/sexual, or an idolizing of the person, everyone involved had to die.

This is my likely theory, although my theories fluctuate and I know it may be something entirely different, like the thrill killer with an opportunity.
If you're correct he (I assume male) will get caught. LE will leave NO STONE UNTURNED as to ALL contacts for all victims in the last year. There would be, at a minimum, some form of contact via all media available. By now they would have already nailed down a list of contacts/suspects and they have none. This is an individual who, if familiar with the intended victim, had no meaningful interaction with them. ALL THIS MOO.

JMO, but I don't think the fact that one of the investigators is from Washington state has any significance, since my understanding is that the border is very close to Moscow, Idaho. I would assume that regional FBI and other LE could live across the state border, but don't think it necessarily has any significance to the case. They could even be drawing upon FBI investigators from across state lines but that have close proximity to Moscow.
I’m assuming this is a rental due to the model and the backseat passenger having a fit getting inside.

Last edited:
Apologies if this is a re-post.
'MOSCOW, Idaho – Ports of entry along the U.S.-Canadian border are monitoring for a white 2011-2013 Hyundai Elantra that was in the "immediate area" of a home where four University of Idaho students were murdered last month, a Customs and Border Protection (CBP) spokesperson said.

The Moscow Police Department said on Wednesday that they want to speak to the occupant or occupants of the vehicle, whom they believe may have "critical information" about the quadruple homicide on Nov. 13.

"Our ports of entry out that way are aware of it and will be keeping an eye out for it," a CBP spokesperson told Fox News Digital.'

''The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) said they cannot comment on this specific case but that they are frequently in contact with law enforcement on both sides of the border.

"The CBSA works closely with Canadian and U.S. law enforcement partners to ensure the safety and security of our shared border. This includes cooperating on activities such as identifying wanted persons," a CBSA spokesperson told Fox News Digital.''

Let's just say that LE are getting ready to compile an arrest warrant (my big hope is that this is true).

SPECULATIVE ARREST SCENARIO

If they do suspect that a certain person, using a particular car, was involved in this crime, they'd want a stack of evidence t present to the judge. Let's just say the DNA results are not in yet, so what can they get?

First, they almost certainly have cell tower information from 3-4 cell towers in the area, showing whose phones were active in the area on the night of the murders. Figuring out this web of data was probably someone's full time job for the past couple of weeks. They cross-tabulated the cell tower data with various known person's whereabouts (including the victims, but also their friends and family). Perhaps one person thought to have been in the area did NOT have cell phone data showing him out and about, therefore arousing suspicion. They then subpoenaed that person's cell records, which show that usually, he has his phone all the time, uses it frequently, but was mysteriously absent from his phone for a time period on the night of the murders.

Second, that person (already spoken to early on) has now left the community and is not with his parents (if relevant).

Third, that person had a known connection to the house, and phone data show that he'd been there before. LE probably have a few phone numbers where they've subpoenaed data. These would be subpoenas that are kept off-record for the present.

Fourth, a Hyundai drives by the house but none of the cell tower data show a phone that relates in any way to a Hyundai - so there's a "quiet" car for whom no cell data is available. LE probably called every single number provided by the cellular provider for several cell towers, revolving around who was awake and using their phones on that evening, within a certain radius. Perhaps the Hyundai is revealed on other security tape to have obscured its license plate (as suggested by Otto). They sell covers for license plates that make it impossible to pick the plate up on cameras (these are illegal in many states, but that was irrelevant to the mind of the killer). I see these all the time here in Cali. That makes the driver/owner suspicious in my view - and in the view of LE.

Fifth, they have interviewed this person and there were consistencies. The term "POI" is hardly ever used any more. The man charged with the Delphi murders went, to my knowledge, from regular person to arrestee without any terms about POI or suspects.

Is this enough? For an arrest? What do you think? I think there's probably more, hopefully there's more (texts showing unwanted contact with house members or disagreements; etc. IOW, some glimmer of motive.

If the Quiet Hyundai, as I'm calling it, is obtained and contains the DNA of this suspect, they can place him AT the scene at the relevant time (of course, he'll claim he was in the car at some other time - he can go to court with that). But if it's his actual car and they can show it had cruised by the house on multiple occasions, that would be persuasive to a jury. IMO.

I'm sure you all can add to this and say whether you think this is "enough" or not. It would be really awesome if the jacket shown in an early Foxnews video (and posted on Yahoo news) turned out to play a role here. A long shot, IMO.
Hopefully, the Quiet Hyundai isn’t as quiet as we think.

At this point, if I were driving that White Elantra and only just happened to be around there at the time the murders happened, I'd be more than afraid to come forward. LE could decide it was me and relentlessly try to make me confess to things I didn't do or simply exhaust me with questions I had no answer to. The killer could suspect that I saw them and come looking for me (everyone seems to want to know everything, so there would be no secret there). I might have been doing something I shouldn't have been doing and would get charged with something that otherwise would never have been known about.

It's not been made easy for anyone to do the right thing and come forward. Not that they wouldn't, but it might be utterly terrifying for them and may take a bit to bolster themselves up for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces