ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could the Elantra be an Uber that dropped off the perp somewhere near the house? Meaning, in video, video caught someone getting out of a car somewhere in the vicinity of the crime? I'm sure LE has looked into this but would Uber give up this info willingly?
You’d have to be seriously stupid to order an Uber to take you close to where you’re going to commit 4 x murders. MOO

FOX News reports that Customs and Border Protection agents are keeping an eye out for the 2011/2013 white Elantra. Would they do that if the person driving it is just a witness?

Yes. I'd imagine that along with some sort of Ring camera/CCTV footage, the vehicle description may have been given by a resident(s) in the neighbourhood as suspicious or simply running in the early hours of the morning. We don't know all the details of why LE are trying to locate the vehicle.

Imagine you're a neighbour getting up out of bed, or still being awake around 4am and happen to notice a running car (or even parked with engine off, perhaps in a spot not usually used for parking) on the street outside, near the property? You may or may not think anything of it, as it could be anything from an Uber driver to someone being dropped off/picked up, you PROBABLY wouldn't be concerned enough to take down a plate number, but it would be something you'd remember and pass on to LE once the events of that morning came to light.

Unless the hypothetical person in the scenario above knows their car brands and model names ultra confidently, which LE then inform the public of in the belief this person is absolutely certain of the vehicle make, model and year, i'd suggest it was also paired with a profile clip from a Ring camera/CCTV around the same time and voila, you have a potential suspect.

Can we 100% confirm if the elantra was white, not silver?
This is why I say they saw that Car on Video, or caught by Camera.

Ostensibly, a witness that night wouldn’t have known there was a murder.

They are certain of the year series when 2014 is very similar, and they aren’t saying light colored.

I even posted that many silver cars appear whitish at night.

I suspect they have solid info, and they think a person with a bloody knife was in that White Elantra at some point.

my opinion

Img src: Range Rover towed from crime scene in Moscow, Idaho | Fox News Video

Is the black SUV in your video from the crime scene?
If you look at the photo album in the media thread, there are pictures before the cars were towed- a blue car w/ AZ plates, a little white car, the Range Rover, a red Jeep and in some pictures a bigger black SUV. There was prior discussion about who owned what. The bigger black SUV either is not in all the shots (far left) or it came to the location later- I don't know.

Last edited:
With a CODIS match, it’s a direct match of the perpetrator’s own DNA that was collected at a prior arrest. They probably also used a rapid DNA tool on the perps swab that gives a reading in 90 minutes.
In criminal case forensic genealogy they are taking unknown DNA collected from an crime scene and tracing it through of family tree of brothers, aunts, second cousins, etc. often hundreds of degrees of separation, who had their DNA tested, to locate a familial match. This can take months of research.
Then they find the sister to the unknown DNA, for instance, who submitted the 23&me test but she has three brothers so any of them could be a match so they have to narrow it further. Usually by the obvious, like age and location. Then they have to get that guys DNA to confirm he’s the match.
Are genealogical & familial DNA testing the same thing?

Yes. I'd imagine that along with some sort of Ring camera/CCTV footage, the vehicle description may have been given by a resident(s) in the neighbourhood as suspicious or simply running in the early hours of the morning. We don't know all the details of why LE are trying to locate the vehicle.

Imagine you're a neighbour getting up out of bed, or still being awake around 4am and happen to notice a running car (or even parked with engine off, perhaps in a spot not usually used for parking) on the street outside, near the property? You may or may not think anything of it, as it could be anything from an Uber driver to someone being dropped off/picked up, you PROBABLY wouldn't be concerned enough to take down a plate number, but it would be something you'd remember and pass on to LE once the events of that morning came to light.

Unless the hypothetical person in the scenario above knows their car brands and model names ultra confidently, which LE then inform the public of in the belief this person is absolutely certain of the vehicle make, model and year, i'd suggest it was also paired with a profile clip from a Ring camera/CCTV around the same time and voila, you have a potential suspect.
It’s a college environment, too. People come and go, and late night is normal. Many visitors, boyfriend, friends, siblings, parents. I know kids that drive Mom’s car for a week, so Mom or Dad can get the student’s serviced.

Definitely on Camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member