ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could the Elantra be an Uber that dropped off the perp somewhere near the house? Meaning, in video, video caught someone getting out of a car somewhere in the vicinity of the crime? I'm sure LE has looked into this but would Uber give up this info willingly?
is it supposed to be a 2 dr or a 4 door?

All vehicles being used for rides on the Uber app must meet the following requirements: - Must have 4 doors and be able to transport a minimum of 4 passengers. - Vehicle model must be 15 years old or newer. - Title cannot be salvaged, reconstructed, or rebuilt.

Vehicle Requirements | Driving & Delivering - Uber Help​

So confused. Did Fox get it wrong?
Yes, Fox got it wrong. People zeroed in on white sedans in the body cam footage about 24 hours before LE started asking for tips on the white elantra. A lot of people thought they were connected, but LE stated several hours ago that it was NOT the same car in the video footage.

LE has explicitly stated that the white car in the bodycam video is NOT the vehicle they are looking for.
Okay. I thought when they initially mentioned that they were looking for a white Elantra, they gave a photo of one as an example of what a white Elantra looks like a with the caveat that the one in the photo was not the specific vehicle that they were seeking info on.

Last edited:
I hesitated to say it but I sure hope those are really plain clothes cops, because otherwise…

I agree, they looked and acted a little odd. I wonder if that means they are really putting together the pieces now,
What else could they be? I’m confused by “otherwise”.

Also, it seemed like they were each dressed to fit in somewhere different, like if they were actually undercover in different places. Not sure if I’m explaining this very well.

With regards to all the unaccounted for time from E & X's evening....and just confirming all of the residents digital "tracking" evidence....and also details about who/what devices were connected to their home wifi the night of the murders....Please see image below. This is of my own phone currently. I'm CONSTANTLY losing my phone....and 98% it's in my house somewhere (and I can make it ring to track it down).....I have lost it under a table in a restaurant at least 10 miles from home and it easily tracked it in real time....and circled it's location on Google Maps.

You can see it's also kept track of my OLD phone that I got rid of in September. Sometimes when I'm looking for it - it will show "last seen 11 minutes ago"...so my phone is CONSTANTLY "pinging/connecting" and being tracked. I would think this digital evidence would have been captured right away as part of the investigation as LE was determining the residents and/or potential suspects device locations and devices that had connected to the home wifi.

Wouldn't there be at minimum a record of X & E's device locations and info showing if/when their devices connected to home wifi????

Maybe I'm not understanding how the technology works? All IMO
phtrack.png

What else could they be? I’m confused by “otherwise”.

Also, it seemed like they were each dressed to fit in somewhere different, like if they were actually undercover in different places. Not sure if I’m explaining this very well.
I thought that too - cowboy hat, hoodie, baseball hat - all seemed to have a different vibe.

Yes. I agree. In the examples I gave earlier I was thinking this same thing, but forgot to add it.

It seems IMO that someone who believes that not only should he have a bonded relationship with a targeted person, but that they are in effect DESTINED to be together, may respond in one of several ways after he has decided to enact retribution on his target.

One scenario is that the murderer believes that his desired person WOULD have been together with him, but had been thwarted by the close friends and/or family of the target. Then those people become obstacles to gaining the affection and/or attention and must be disposed of, in order for the DESTINED and PRE-ORDAINED relationship to flourish (in his mind only, of course).

In this case, IMO he would kill anyone who was an obstacle and then kidnap his target, such as Jayme Closs and this recent tragedy of the Winek family.

That did not happen here, which is why I think that the object of the fantasy, whichever girl it was, had reacted to him in a way that was intolerable to him. Whether he was ignored, rebuffed gently or rejected completely, he now had an insatiable “need” to kill her. A mission that must be fulfilled. And since he believed that it was NATURAL and ORDAINED that they must be together, it HAD to have been the influence of her circle that thwarted their relationship. Whether romantic/sexual, or an idolizing of the person, everyone involved had to die.

This is my likely theory, although my theories fluctuate and I know it may be something entirely different, like the thrill killer with an opportunity.
Thanks, @Arkay. I’m still conflicted in my theories as to possible motives. I do think unrequited love could play a big part in this case, but I still get these little niggles that I’m missing something else.
I guess none of us can come to any definitive conclusions because we do not have all the evidence gathered thus far.

I don't see a connection between self harm and domestic violence to this crime. Maybe it's just me.
Mostly for good reason, we have a broadening definition of domestic violence. And social trends mean people have more intimate acquaintances. If you work with data you can see that helps us see and fight against the problem (good). But also makes for serious errors in interpreting trends since broader definitions, better data collection, and social changes make it easy to promulgate data that create the appearance of increased domestic violence, when outside of some narrow risk factors they may be decreasing. My state has broadened from serious criminal spousal or cohabitating long term partner violence, to include anyone you are dating or been intimate with -- current or past, along with anyone who had been a roomate etc..

So since many definitions would include any intimate or dating partner any of the four victims ever had, then this absolutely may well be domestic violence homicide under some used definitions.

It’s a college environment, too. People come and go, and late night is normal. Many visitors, boyfriend, friends, siblings, parents. I know kids that drive Mom’s car for a week, so Mom or Dad can get the student’s serviced.

Definitely on Camera.

Yeah, it HAS to be something they have footage of to be so confident of not only the make and model but the YEAR range, especially considering this model had a mild facelift mid-generation.

I just presented an additional scenario of what a neighbour might report to LE if they saw a car close to the property in the early hours of that morning. No doubt it wouldn't have been too alarming, but if it was parked in an odd location or was left running it might be enough to rouse enough suspicion that this info would be passed on to LE.

They know the series model years and the color - white.

, ,

Police release body cam of white Elantra:

AFAIK The police have stated this is not the white car they are looking for in the bodycam footage. Totally different vehicles

The Washington plates could be the Medical Examiner's office. My understanding is the autopsies were conducted in Spokane. Likewise, some FBI folks could be out of Spokane and use vehicles with Washington plates. Sometimes personal vehicles are used too, and Washington state is only a few miles from Moscow.

My opinion.

Additionally, when federal agents are assigned their ‘G-ride’ the plates may or may not match the state where they live and work.

A perpetrator goes into a house and violently stabs four people to death with a knife designed for homicide.

The two occupants on the ground floor, are less associated and are unharmed in the incident, although egress may have been hindered by locked doors and if Ethan had been awoken the perpetrator already had stabbed four persons.

Without knowing the movement of the ground floor occupants, the perpetrator takes egress of the building of either the two open doors? The sliding door upstairs?

The perpetrator knows the time has passed enough for the two ground floor occupants to have called 911, and police could attend the scene anytime soon so the perpetrator departs the scene because the risk first responders arrive has rapidly increased.

The perpetrator knows there are smaller females that occupy the house that the perpetrator perceives an easy, albeit cowardice target. Ethan is not a resident of the premises but stays the latter part of the night to morning?

The perpetrator had been watching the targets via social media in a prominent university house?

Police are looking for a non descript high volume production car, with the most common colour, with no distinctive markings that is 10 years old of low resale value.

The perpetrator did not use a firearm with a suppressor inside a heavily insulated structure which would not have been heard externally.

The perpetrator used a knife in a ferocious attack which involved contact with the victims to send a message.

*This is strictly supposition and opinion and not to be taken as fact.
The post is not to be taken as pertinant fact .AIMOO

Statement of material facts can be found here: King Road Homicides | Moscow, ID
RBBM
Maybe. But, if so, what message?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors