ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree - SG is doing his best at remaining under control....better than many could. And I thought that ex-FBI guy was way off base and WAY OUT OF LINE with what he said about K's dad. IMO
I think SG is holding it together as best he can, IMO. I think I’d be catatonic. Poor kids, poor families.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>
as far as *URBAN* definition. It's a small city...definitely not a small town or village.

Moscow, Idaho - Wikipedia

Moscow is a city in northern Idaho along the state border with Washington, with a population of 25,435 at the 2020 census. The county seat and largest city of Latah County,[4] Moscow is the home of the University of Idaho, the state's land-grant institution and primary research university.

From my POV, it's semi-rural (whether it's a town or a city, it's small). It's the size of the place I grew up in. And surrounding by open land, also like the place I grew up in (which isn't a lot bigger today). People know each other.

However, the transient population (students) is 9000-10,000 people. Those people usually list their parents' address (for financial aid reasons) as their address - and they should, as that address is their "permanent legal address."

So, from that perspective, there's usually a division between "townies" and "students."

They appeared to leave empty-handed.

They arrived due to the timing of gathering belongings, and as LE were given a courtesy view of the scene.

IMO.

The Washington plates could be the Medical Examiner's office. My understanding is the autopsies were conducted in Spokane. Likewise, some FBI folks could be out of Spokane and use vehicles with Washington plates. Sometimes personal vehicles are used too, and Washington state is only a few miles from Moscow.

My opinion.

I'll bet this is the right answer.

I think the only thing with watches, is they have to be charged. Did the victims own watches or are we surmising?

When do you charge your watch?
I take mine off at night to charge, and so have almost never slept with it on. Otherwise it will vibrate and wake me up in the night. If the victims had smart watches, they would certainly only be helpful for time of death if they kept it on at night and charged it during the day (stating the obvious).

Yeah, it HAS to be something they have footage of to be so confident of not only the make and model but the YEAR range, especially considering this model had a mild facelift mid-generation.

I just presented an additional scenario of what a neighbour might report to LE if they saw a car close to the property in the early hours of that morning. No doubt it wouldn't have been too alarming, but if it was parked in an odd location or was left running it might be enough to rouse enough suspicion that this info would be passed on to LE.
when I see pictures of this neighborhood, there seem to be lots of cars and we are told it was a football game weekend with visitors and parties, so it all looks chaotic but maybe most residents/tenants usually park in the same spots over and over ("their own spots") so an alien car would really stand out to them, IMO

Respectfully, may someone please explain the difference between these latest comments and those considered restricted due to the lack of facts or links to reference content. I am attempting to understand the difference between expressing and opinion which includes a personal theory and hearsays. Than you.

Respectfully, may someone please explain the difference between these latest comments and those considered restricted due to the lack of facts or links to reference content. I am attempting to understand the difference between expressing and opinion which includes a personal theory and hearsays. Than you.
Mostly the difference is that these comments are new and have not been deleted...yet. In my opinion. (and glad for that, to be clear mods! <3)

Ok right - makes total sense!
But K's Range Rover was red, not black, and it looked nothing like a luxury SUV.

Maybe I'm missing something(?). I'm trying to catch up here and may have skipped over another piece of info. If that's the case, I apologize.

Thanks, @Arkay. I’m still conflicted in my theories as to possible motives. I do think unrequited love could play a big part in this case, but I still get these little niggles that I’m missing something else.
I guess none of us can come to any definitive conclusions because we do not have all the evidence gathered thus far.
In all respect, I don't think "unrequited love" is a good term. More like a deeply sick essentially hateful obsession, need to possess, jealousy, anger at being humiliated would be more accurate in the scenario the other poster mentions. Not love, unrequited or not. the killer in this case for certain is simply hateful.

My guess is the most likely (but certainly not only possible) scenario is that killer is someone in same social status peer group, causally acquainted with one of the victims, who has suffered some acute social setback/humiliation or series of setbacks and humiliations recently. And that they fixated on one of the four victims as an object of hatred, blaming them, rationally or more likely, irrationally, for either setting their slide down in status into motion, or alternately being the last straw. Rejection of an approach for friendship or intimate relations might be part of it, it may not be.

These four would have had a total of hundreds and hundreds of causal acquaintances. The girls were certainly cute enough for almost any guy of the thousands of single young men in that college town to have approached, and obviously most turned down. Only one had to be violent nuts or becoming violent nuts, for this to have happened.

Also the vast majority 20-year-olds, who have grown up on social media, are mostly used to being publicly humiliated and having privacy invaded and private things exposed. They are victims of that, but mostly shrug it off due to it being pervasive. But most is not all. There are going to be people who have not adapted to that intersection of being shamed, and accepting that it is ok. So if one in a million people can be triggered to hyper violent revenge, that is enough for a rare but very dark event to occur.

But K's Range Rover was red, not black, and it looked nothing like a luxury SUV.

Maybe I'm missing something(?). I'm trying to catch up here and may have skipped over another piece of info. If that's the case, I apologize.
I hate to correct a fellow Scorpio but I think Kaylee’s RR was white.

I take mine off at night to charge, and so have almost never slept with it on. Otherwise it will vibrate and wake me up in the night. If the victims had smart watches, they would certainly only be helpful for time of death if they kept it on at night and charged it during the day (stating the obvious).
Exactly! Even if the victims had watches which is not stated, unfortunately, I take my watch off to charge overnight.

Chances are, being home late in the night/morning, even if the victims owned a watch, it would be on the charger, or flat.

In all respect, I don't think "unrequited love" is a good term. More like a deeply sick essentially hateful obsession, need to possess, jealousy, anger at being humiliated would be more accurate in the scenario the other poster mentions. Not love, unrequited or not. the killer in this case for certain is simply hateful.

My guess is the most likely (but certainly not only possible) scenario is that killer is someone in same social status peer group, causally acquainted with one of the victims, who has suffered some acute social setback/humiliation or series of setbacks and humiliations recently. And that they fixated on one of the four victims as an object of hatred, blaming them, rationally or more likely, irrationally, for either setting their slide down in status into motion, or alternately being the last straw. Rejection of an approach for friendship or intimate relations might be part of it, it may not be.

These four would have had a total of hundreds and hundreds of causal acquaintances. The girls were certainly cute enough for almost any guy of the thousands of single young men in that college town to have approached, and obviously most turned down. Only one had to be violent nuts or becoming violent nuts, for this to have happened.

Also the vast majority 20-year-olds, who have grown up on social media, are mostly used to being publicly humiliated and having privacy invaded and private things exposed. They are victims of that, but mostly shrug it off due to it being pervasive. But most is not all. There are going to be people who have not adapted to that intersection of being shamed, and accepting that it is ok. So if one in a million people can be triggered to hyper violent revenge, that is enough for a rare but very dark event to occur.
My supposition is, this is not about a crime of passion, nor an unhealthy stalker.

Anyone in immediate association with the four ferociously stabbed victims would have been checked.

Police can't find the vehicle in town. AIMOO

Pertinent material facts can be found here: King Road Homicides | Moscow, ID

Murders like this are usually in someones back yard. It's an Elantra owner down the street. Better than nothing.
So, imagine taking a few hours in an attempt to find the owner of that silver car. Would it make sense for the police to invest their time to look at picks from Google and make trip to that location, investigate, write a report rather than other means ? Should the police investigate all people with black hair. Or follow a steady reliable process.

Absolutely.

In another interview I shared he said something like "doing things right at the beginning sets you up for success".

He was referring to handling the crime scene at the beginning.
I think they have something from the crime scene like a print or DNA and it matches to the car somehow. They've someone in the crosshairs.

I've read that 50% of homicides have an arrest after 10 days and 2/3 by a month. So we're closing in on a month
But that could be for single homicides. This is a quadruple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessicawilliams0