ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I 100% agree with you. Throughout this case I've seen so many people speculate as to why LE releases certain information. Instead of taking LE's statements at face value, so many are trying to twist things around claiming that maybe LE is trying to "trick" or "taunt" the killer. That would be so reckless, not to mention unethical. The community could be a huge help to LE if we would only do what they are asking of us, instead of trying to read some ulterior motive into everything LE says or does.
Appreciate you voicing this! I do want to say that we do see cases where LE will release info for the sole purpose of applying psychological pressure on a perp. WE do not find out until after the fact. So we still must take communications from LE for face value.
They control the narrative - not us. So people have to come to grips with that. And it is very hard.

There's nothing unusual about college kids coming home at 1 am to sleep til noon on a Sunday, IMO.

Agree. I would expect a person this age to sleep late, then lay in bed on their phone, and eventually venture upstairs only when they got hungry. It doesn't surprise me at all that they didn't realize anything was wrong until noon.

I agree with these thoughts. The car may well have been found abandoned/dumped, IF LE has it.
Are you aware that you can find the owner of a vehicle w/ a VIN number? We can, and LE can. Unless they found a vehicle, without a tag and a vin THEY DO NOT KNOW THE OWNER.

But most importantly, they said they want to know if you own that vehicle so therefore I would believe they do not know the owner.

MOO

There's nothing unusual about college kids coming home at 1 am to sleep til noon on a Sunday, IMO.
And if the bars close at 2 a.m. in Moscow, as locals have posted, then after getting something to eat and heading home,there would be people walking and driving until 3 a.m. or a little later. I live in a college town, and near the campus and downtown area (main street where the bars and food trucks are located), there is a fair amount of action after the bars close. Also house parties, frat parties, etc. near the campus.

There's unrelated and there's unrelated. To me, in a case like this unrelated means the drunken kids weren't involved. However, I can't see that unrelated rules out the possibility that responding officers caught something on their cameras, for instance, or even the possibility that lights and siren scared the killer off before they found their way to the first floor.
Yes, a seemingly fateful coincidence that may help solve 4 murders.

it is really unusual timing. It’s funny how things are interconnected. Hopefully a lucky break.

moo

Everyone's different I guess but I normally wake up thirsty and needing a glass of water, that's after drinking though.
We don't know if they were drinking.
Still, it's a long time to sleep. I'd guess they'd wake at 10 if they went to bed at 1 or 2

But you're also assuming they don't have water in their room and that they went to bed at 1 or 2. They may have come home at 1, showered, texted people, went online, and shut things down around 3. Or they may have been drinking and slept it off. Or they may have woken up at 10 and showered, put on makeup, talked to their boyfriends, or whatever before going upstairs to get something to eat. Keep in mind they had their own bathroom downstairs. For all we know, they may have had a fridge in their rooms.

MOO

It keeps bothering me about the 2 girls that survived the murders that night? I’m glad they did but there is a reason?
Did these 2 girls might have knew the killers is why they where was spared. Or was it something else?
Were the two girls and their families' lives threatened if they called police?

I am sorry, but I will have to disagree. I read the press release 5 times and there is no mentioning that LE wants to find out who is the the owner of the car, only its occupants (word occupants used twice & interested who may be driving the car).

Uploading PDF file of PR

Unless we are talking about 2 different press releases, of which I am unaware, I still believe that it may by the case that LE knows who the owner is, however they do not know who was driving the car because the car was reported stolen

MOSCOW, Idaho – Detectives are interested in speaking with the occupant(s) of a white 2011-2013 Hyundai Elantra, with an unknown license plate. Tips and leads have led investigators to look for additional information about a vehicle being in the immediate area of the King Street residence during the early morning hours of November 13th. Investigators believe the occupant(s) of this vehicle may have critical information to share regarding this case.

If you know of or own a vehicle matching this description, or know of anyone who may have been driving this vehicle on the days preceding or the day of the murders, please forward that information to the Tip Line.

It doesn’t seem like LE knows who owns this vehicle but I could be wrong, but if they did, wouldn’t they release the original license plate and state it’s now got an unknown number plate or no number plate? It would be a lot more helpful. Jmo

Making the assumption that the murderer was in this car. I’m not so sure. Would a murderer use headlights if it was planned in advance?
Yes if the vehicle is unrelated to the murderer and the murderer didn't care if LE saw the vehicle. It is safer to use the headlights as opposed to being pulled over for not having them on.

Well, the lights being on then going off would show that someone (killer or victims) was still alive at that time. LE has given times of the deaths occurring starting at around 3am. This bodycam footage is around that time, as well. Probably is nothing, just interesting to see obvious movement in the house.
I think it might be the victims getting ready for bed and the white car occupants are witnesses. Imo.

But you're also assuming they don't have water in their room and that they went to bed at 1 or 2. They may have come home at 1, showered, texted people, went online, and shut things down around 3. Or they may have been drinking and slept it off. Or they may have woken up at 10 and showered, put on makeup, talked to their boyfriends, or whatever before going upstairs to get something to eat. Keep in mind they had their own bathroom downstairs. For all we know, they may have had a fridge in their rooms.

MOO

I had 3 roommates in college. We had a shared kitchen. I ALWAYS took my good food to my room. Things disappear in a shared kitchen, even with your name on it.

I really don't think it is. If you watch the body cam video, there are several white cars in the area. Plus, there is no way from the video anyone would be able to figure out the make and year of the vehicle. The footage is just too distant and fuzzy.
Furthermore if you look at Google earth there are many, and I mean many of those types of (white) cars parked at the apartment complex and on the street and in that general area. People are assuming this tip came from just that video alone. I'm not so sure that is the case.

Are we assuming the white vehicle in question is associated with the video surveillance detectives are/were looking for, involving: W. Taylor, W. Palouse River, Highway 95 S, Arboretum and Botanical Garden?
I think it very well could be. If the killer was parked on or in the vicinity of Taylor Ave and the crime scene and drove to the east after the killings, they would come to 95s. There is a gas station on that corner, presumably with cctv. LE provided a grid that covered an area that was all south of Taylor Ave. Why? Normally you center the crime scene in the center of a search grid and work your way out. This seems to indicate that LE knows that the killer escaped in a southerly direction.
I have a hunch that LE watched all the video that passed that gas station between about 3:00 am and 4:00 am that morning and have been able to identify most of the vehicles and interview the owners. All the vehicles that turned north or left on 95 from Taylor Ave have been ruled out and most that turned south into the grid area have been identified. They may have quietly tried to ID this car with no luck before making the description public.

Attachments

• 365394C4-7F43-42B8-A29D-9F5A18748EB0.jpeg
    365394C4-7F43-42B8-A29D-9F5A18748EB0.jpeg
    280.5 KB · Views: 30
Meanwhile in Moscow, Idaho...

People on campus are still ending up unconscious. And presumably "no report" means no parent notification, frat probation, school notification. Yes, I am assuming it is a drinking or drug-related "unconscious" because of the time.

22-M10626 Unconscious Person

Incident Address: ELM ST; Phi Delta

MOSCOW ID 83843

Disposition:

Time Reported: 00:43

Cad Comments:

Law, Fire and EMS responded. Patient transported to Gritman. No report.

Interestingly, can anyone link for me the campus crime log tally or violations that show alcohol violations?

If you are a reporter reading here, message me for a list of just exactly how many "unconscious" people have been reported on campus to LE w/ "no report" status. Mindboggling.

See my bolded part of the quote above. BBM (red for "own")

If you know of or own a vehicle matching this description, or know of anyone who may have been driving this vehicle on the days preceding or the day of the murders, please forward that information to the Tip Line.
That was tacked on at the end. Everything else referenced driver and occupants. My guess is the car was stolen, but police don't want to give that away.

Recently I was looking around my area to find a car detailing shop. I was shocked at the amount of ads that offered middle of the night detailing to clean up ANY substance (blood, chemicals etc). They will meet you anywhere no questions asked, but the fee is quite high. {shudder}

Needless to say, I went with a brick and mortar body shop.
A murderer was caught in the county over from where I live for this exact thing. He took a car that he had used to shoot two people to a detail shop to clean up the blood. Offered a large amount of cash.

I had suggested this as an possible options a few weeks ago. I got quickly schooled that it would not be an option and it would take way too long etc. I am glad this is an option LE are considering and/or presently pursuing genetic genealogy.

Edited: I tried to snip some of the post but for some reason, I couldn’t

Different case, but this year with Eliza Fletcher's case in Memphis, I was absolutely baffled when they said that she was kidnapped/murdered Friday morning and he left a slide sandal behind, and the next day by 4:30 the TBI had matched his DNA and found him .... That's the first time I've ever heard of DNA being such an instant result. I get that he was in CODIS but ... that's a database just like 23 & Me / Ancestry / etc. store their data. How is that any different?? How was this situation dramatically more expeditious than other crime situations where DNA information is sought?
(I obviously know less than zero about this, so am happy to be corrected or enlightened!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove