ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not remember calling you anything lol. What I said was" a middle aged man MIGHT NOT think twice about being tracked" My reasoning has to due with how people of different ages are raised. I did not grow up with a cell phone in my pocket that my parents could track me with, I lied and told them i was sleeping over a friends lol . Youth of today was raised on cell and tracking ..and how to get around it.

For eXample : I could ask you to do some common core math and you might wonder wtf im talking about ..where as youth of today would solve the problem...then again..you probably know right lol ?
Middle aged men these days are Gen-Xers. Pretty adept at technology. Even us 60 somethings are pretty good at keeping up, although I did get my undergrad degree in Computer Science and some of today's technology flies over my head.

who got killed first the third floor girls or the second floor couple? did police ever say yet?

A normal middle aged adult might not think twice about getting tracked by their phone but todays youth would know they are being tracked and surely would not bring it.....

....Has LE been able to identify a phone ping from that time frame and area and link it to any suspect???? why not? The tech is available to see every person in that areas phone that pinged that night ?....

At this point there are 2 options when it comes to DNA left at the scene by the suspect.
1. NO DNA was left by suspect...hard to believe..UNLESS...pre-meditated and planned by suspect. Went in Dexter style and got out clean. (leads me to believe younger type methodical "csi" person)

2. Suspect left DNA/fingerprints but it does not come up in any LE Database (leads me to believe suspect is younger and isn't in the criminal or legal system.)
I think your posts has many good points, but my observations are:
Normal middle age adults do know their phone tracks. 30-year-olds know it, 40-year-olds do, so to 50 and 70-year-olds. In fact the data show older people are more conscious of privacy implications and threats.

Sure, grandma may get phished by "John Smith" an "IRS agent" with a district Mumbai accent asking for her to pay her tax bill with Target gift cards, but on the other hand, the average 23-year-old would go catatonic if separated from their phone for five mintues. In fact actually I don't know a 20-25 year old who could find their way out of a paper bag without their phone, so there is that.

As far as DNA, I have seen plenty of forensic experts on the news and youtube spout statistics and experience of dna being likely left if perp has edged weapons'.

Well I have no degree in forensic science, but I have actually used an hilted knife in training, a couple of 12 hour sessions in advanced training with a knife after basic, and done a lot of full force stabbing of dummies with a combat knife, including rapid and very powerful stabbing and never nicked my skin the whole time. I think the forensic experts are thinking of the 99%ish percent of stabbings that involve a fight, and/or where the knife is a kitchen or EDC knife with no hilt. stab hard with a kitchen knifes, especially with hands or gloves wet with blood, and your hand slides forward and you cut yourself. NOT with a combat knife. For all we know if he wore a watch cap, and any type of gloves, maybe none of the perp's dna or prints are there, and also maybe the perp had very very little blood on him.

Middle aged men these days are Gen-Xers. Pretty adept at technology. Even us 60 somethings are pretty good at keeping up, although I did get my undergrad degree in Computer Science and some of today's technology flies over my head.
I agree. But there's adept and there's "second nature". A friend recently trained a 50-something & a recent college grad together. Both sharp people but only the younger one integrated the tech aspects without any questions or hesitation.

Just my 2 cents

You both have a lot to offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member