ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All IMO

I'm going to say something most likely unpopular. I think they already have the suspect in custody and have for some time (on other charges).

I think because they knew who the suspect was right away, they made their statement of: "targeted attack" and "no threat to the community." They later retracted because they needed time to build their case before they accuse someone of being a psychotic killer. I mean, you have to get it right.

Also, LE haven't put together much of a public safety campaign stressing the importance of locking up, walking in pairs, etc. The college did a little, but I don't remember LE drilling it in, I feel like if they were worried, they would include safety information in their near-daily updates (which they've never done) on their website: News Flash

I think our suspect is local and possibly a dropout of either UI or WSU, male, 22-28, wannabe military, someone in his family is a Marine (or he wanted to be), has a prior offense (assault or SA charge). He also likes dogs (lol) as they were the only things that gave him consistent love growing up.
Very interesting. I am not any kind of a doctor, but I think it’s true if children are not raised with a lot of love and support it can cause problems, bad problems. Do you think if this person is in custody it could be kept this quiet for this long? Just my opinion.

I would bet you $100 if the media even thought they saw a drop of blood, they'd report it.

Remember the picture of the supposed blood dripping down the foundation wall outside the house near the 2nd floor sliding glass door that goes to the kitchen? Everyone on the internet was saying it looked like blood (and it did), and even early on some news stations were focusing on it. I personally do not think it was blood because there were never any evidence markers near it. It might have been heating oil. Who knows?!

{{ MY OPINION ONLY }}

I question if it's blood too, pray it's not. Wouldn't it turn very dark while drying if it was blood? I wish it was heating oil but heating oil is not used out west.

All IMO

I'm going to say something most likely unpopular. I think they already have the suspect in custody and have for some time (on other charges).

I think because they knew who the suspect was right away, they made their statement of: "targeted attack" and "no threat to the community.".

JMO The killer may have staged the crime scene to look like something it wasn’t. Maybe like a robbery gone bad. Something not the work of a serial killer. LE bought it at first but as the evidence rolled in they scrapped that theory.

The way they caught Timothy McVeigh was the rented Ryder truck.
Actually, Timothy McVeigh was caught driving a car without a license plate. When he was pulled over, he also was carrying a concealed weapon and was arrested.

If nobody has come forward saying "I drive a 2012 white hyundai elantra and was in the area at that time because......" then this has to be the killer. I'm sure that is obvious but just had to say it out loud. So this car is a very critical clue. You would think they are getting a lot of tips saying "so and so drives a car like that". I think (and hope and pray) it is just a matter of time before this is solved.
My guess is that nobody came forward from the white Hyundai BEFORE the LE press release about it, but LE had seen the car on various traffic cams. In a highly publicized murder case, I’d guess just about everyone in the area around the time of the attack would have volunteered an account to LE, even if it’s only to say “Hi, I live 2 blocks down and didn’t see or hear anything” or “I had driven past the crime house around 3:30am after work and didn’t see anything unusual, but I wasn’t looking for anything unusual”, etc… If the Hyundai was seen but but not heard from, that would likely raise a flag. But of course a flag is still not evidence of quadruple homicide, so let’s not connect too many dots in advance of actual facts.

The one glaring difference is the agents from last night clearly did NOT want to be recognized. Also pay attention to them while they are inside the house. They enter the one bedroom with their heads tilted so their faces cannot be seen by the camera filming outside, just like when they exit the house and get into the vehicle.
Just my opinion, but if WA state investigators were looking over the scene, it may indicate the perp is from WA and LE there will actually do the arrest and then extradite to Idaho. So the visit might be a due diligence visit by WA LE for their probable cause arrest warrant when it's time. MOO.

Actually, Timothy McVeigh was caught driving a car without a license plate. When he was pulled over, he also was carrying a concealed weapon and was arrested.

You're correct. I believe layer saying the ryder truck rental is how he was linked to the bombing.

I have a high school friend who is now head of DNA sequencing at a major university. He said there are so many more tools available today and that all they need are a few cells from the individual (be it blood or even skin cells) and they can extract full DNA matchable sample.
The technology is amazing and fascinating. My question and concern goes to the odds of actually sampling the precise area to obtain blood or cells from the killer. Even if the rooms were the smallest bedrooms…there was, hypothetically- nothing confirmed- a lot of victims’ blood, possibly mixed with the killer’s blood if he got cut, or scratched, and his cells even if he didn’t sustain injuries. Is there some pattern, or placement that tips off the crime scene investigator, this blood right here, should be sampled? Surely there was too much to sample all of it? Even on a sheet, mattress, pillow, the victims, etc.,….perhaps my question should be how large of an area is sampled? What are the odds of picking up a few cells from the killer, even in a small room, with lots of blood and two victims per room?

I believe the harder the struggle, the more likely the killer’s DNA will found, IF the correct places are sampled.

And someone many threads back mentioned they think it's protocol for 911 dispatcher to use the word unconscious even if caller says someone's dead.

They need to treat as unconscious, send medics/help until actually confirmed dead by ME or coroner (can't remember which - this was another long discussion IIRC). So as mentioned, I think it's semantics and a technicality and no one was probably unconscious.
That's interesting. Now that I think about it, I've listened to 911 calls where the caller had a hard time communicating with the dispatcher because of panic. Maybe that could be the case for this too? Idk, that's JMO.

1) They are normal college kids, of course it was a "boisterous" party house compared to how 30+ year olds live
<modsnip - casting aspersions on a person not named POI by LE>
3) Noise complaints could be a possible motive, someone who was extremely annoyed by all the partying and late night noise

Indeed

I wasn't making a value judgement on college kids or parties

I was just quoting a link

There is much more at the link but because of ToS I can't quote much more than a couple of paragraphs.
The most interesting material is further down

Just my opinion, but if WA state investigators were looking over the scene, it may indicate the perp is from WA and LE there will actually do the arrest and then extradite to Idaho. So the visit might be a due diligence visit by WA LE for their probable cause arrest warrant when it's time. MOO.
Isn't the closest FBI field office in WA? IMO, that's why they were there.

I believed it was something about the license plate on his car that got him pulled over in the first place….

Not to anyone specifically, but I think the Elantra is linked to the Killer.

I seriously doubt they altered International Border Authorities to BOLO for this White Elantra - if it was someone that drove by.

That’s not reasonable iMO, and I haven’t seen it other cases.

They said the Car or occupant(s) may be critical and it was in the Immediate area of the murder residence.

Just my opinion - but given the ability of US satellites surveillance, I'd be surprised if investigators don't have exact pics of the vehicle and where it was before, during and after this event, and where it currently is located. The problem is that, for national security reasons, this will never be admitted/discussed/used as evidence by LE. So they have to get other evidence that ties the vehicle to the crime, which can be used in Court. Just MOO - remember how US Satellites traced a courier in pakistan over several weeks and found Osama Bin Laden...if we could do that in Pakistan over 11 years ago...
Satellite imagery was used in the investigation into the disappearance and murder of Lori Vallow's two children in Rexburg, Idaho. It so happened that a satellite image was taken on the day the body of the oldest of the two missing children was burned and buried in Vallow's new husband, Chad Daybell's yard. Images captured a dark spot of turned ground where the body was buried. IIRC, they also captured the smoke cloud from the burning of the body.

Last edited:
<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

LE has offered no description of any suspects.
That is a fact.

LE has offered a make and model of a car but no license plate. IF they had a CURRENT plate # they would surely issue a BOLO .They have not.
That is a fact

LE has up until this point not named anyone as a person of interest .
That is a fact.

LE has had enough time to match any fingerprints determined to be that of the suspect but has yet to name one
That is a fact.

LE has went back and forth several times now on if this crime was targeted or not.
That is a fact.

MY post contains my OPINION based on the previous facts stated.

IN MY OPINION LE does not have any prime suspect or serious person of interest that they are unable to locate on their own.
They do not have enough info to offer a detailed description of the suspect/s.
They do not have video/photos of suspect/s that is clear enough to give a description.
Whatever physical evidence collected and to be determined came from the suspect does not match anyone in any of the numerous databases they have searched so far.

I do believe the person/s who committed these crimes will be caught.
Some of the more likely possibilities of how and why:

Digital forensics by LE - social media post,search engine searches,reverse key word search,comments, Ip tracking ,cell track,gps etc

Friend /family/coworker tip - someone who knows the suspect or comes across knowledge of what they did.

Suspect contacts LE to disrupt/antagonize/help LE I.E. BTK,ZODIAK,Delphi

just my thoughts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anybody recall a post, many threads ago, when somebody posted
K and M got into a white car when leaving the food truck area?
Almost immediately, another poster claimed the private driver had
a dark colored car.
Could it have been that a white car followed them home?

I don't know how anyone would really know the truth because this
is not public info afaik. But LE knows because they interviewed the driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper