ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep thinking there was no blood outside as well and have to keep reminding myself that we have only seen images released by the media based on areas they feel are relevant.
And maybe there was a rug in the living room or hallway outside and the killer wiped his feet really good so it didn’t leave a trail as he was leaving?

Been reading a long time on this and there is a lot of speculation here on killer's motives and emotional state; duration and nature of stalking and so on. I submit: those elements may become clear sometime in the future as a consequence of interviews nominally by media on a guilty party; or possibly during trial but to a limited extent. Somewhat more useful have been the exchanges and debate on directions of approach, details of access, egress and lying in wait; collectively we have little of the detail evidence so we have little to work with to develop a path within the house let alone outside the dwelling. I expect some of it will come out at trial but there will be prison interviews by journalist for 15-years following any conviction; and we are many years from any conviction even if the Arrest Warrants get printed today....

The site is called Websleuths and I believe there are a lot of items that can be pursued near term that don't break TOS: A list of questions below which I don't believe have been addressed in prior posts....

1) The Range Rover: purchased from where? The rear plate reads "PRICE". That does not come up as a dealer's name anywhere near Moscow or Coeurs D'Alene...Can it be established when she actually took possession? Why do we want to know? If it was the cause for K to be in Moscow, who else besides select SM connections would have know she was coming to Moscow that weekend; and also would connect her to that vehicle given that she did not even tell M what it was until she arrived. So who could have made that connection?
2) I believe one of the common denominators between X, M and K is they are all from the Coeurs D'Alene neighborhood...and X & M were sorority sisters past?
a) was the sixth person on the lease also from CDA area?
b) was there past indication of that sorority being targeted or conflicted in anything like an emotional sense?
3) Photos show some stout trees close to the balcony of the houses's third level, almost outside M's bedroom window. Are those trees close enough that someone could access or egress that balcony from them? Same question but for the roof above the third level?
<modsnip - off limits>

The answers will at least carve into some of the speculation. I have a more extended list though some of these answers will effect that content as well.

Purely MOO: I think national and international media is making themselves look asinine; especially the woman who thinks LE is acting like Putin and painting only corners of the pictures to convey via media. I think the president of E's frat made the point straightforwardly; and he has not been the subject of any distributed follow up as far as I know, at least.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went down a rabbit hole on TicTok found the girls accounts and those of their friends and now I just feel even mores sick for these young people. Let me start off by saying the house was like a fishbowl, if there were window coverings they did not seem to be utilized. Perhaps young adults are not wary of that. Secondly with all the SM posts/videos it would not be difficult to deduce the layout of the house or the rooms. Lastly, I found video coverage that someone took while the police were photographing and collecting evidence on the 2nd floor. It would be the room that has the green leaf wall with the "Good Vibes" light and the 3 pink swirly pictures on the wall. Does anyone know where this video came from? I did not see a news station banner. I thought with all of us having eyes on this someone would have a link to share of that video or perhaps point me in the direction to find it if anyone knows.
Here is one. There is a longer video I believe but it’s not from an approved source.

Back to the knife. If someone can pull off killing 4 people, couples sleeping, without waking the roommates or the last couple to be killed, it would have been very well planned and executed. This suggest the killer would have also be very methodical about not leaving any DNA or physical evidence. Someone mentioned surgical hazmat but tyvac suits are available at lowes or HD usually used for painting, or other construction. I last used one when installing insulation and plumbers use them for dirty job under house or something. Although maybe just a jacket and gloves would have been enough? Sometimes there is very little DNA, just a tiny bit in clasp of zip tie, or some fibers.
Either military, hunting, or martial arts training. There is a lot of self defense training now days with martial arts and knives. The killer or killers must have thought about this for a long time. Complete hatred for colleges and society, and very cruel with criminal history.
Killing 4 would also guarantee major news coverage, so leaning towards serial killer, maybe call him the Rambo killer. If they had just killed one or two students would have made local news only. So well planned, executed, for publicity.

Does anybody recall a post, many threads ago, when somebody posted
K and M got into a white car when leaving the food truck area?
Almost immediately, another poster claimed the private driver had
a dark colored car.
Could it have been that a white car followed them home?

I don't know how anyone would really know the truth because this
is not public info afaik. But LE knows because they interviewed the driver.
I remember that, trying to find the posts

Satellite imagery was used in the investigation into the disappearance and murder of Lori Vallow's two children in Rexburg, Idaho. It so happened that a satellite image was taken on the day the body of the oldest of the two missing children was burned and buried in Vallow's new husband, Chad Daybell's yard. Images captured a dark spot of turned ground where the body was buried. IIRC, they also captured the smoke cloud from the burning of the body.

Thank god for satellite imagery!

Both inside and outside the house these men are trying to hide their faces - is that not more the behavior of undercover agents? If so, based on what undercover agents are usually involved in (i.e. drugs, racketeering, domestic terrorism, human trafficking ), why are they viewing the scene, what’s the potential connection?
U.S Marshall's?

And maybe there was a rug in the living room or hallway outside and the killer wiped his feet really good so it didn’t leave a trail as he was leaving?

I would LOVE to know if the FBI profilers think this was an organized or disorganized killer.
Planned in advance by wearing slippers or shoes that could be easily disposed of or, barefoot?
Or wiped down shoes/boots afterward in order not to track bloody footprints throughout the house, sidewalk, etc...

Just my opinion, but if WA state investigators were looking over the scene, it may indicate the perp is from WA and LE there will actually do the arrest and then extradite to Idaho. So the visit might be a due diligence visit by WA LE for their probable cause arrest warrant when it's time. MOO.
LizzyV said:

Both inside and outside the house these men are trying to hide their faces - is that not more the behavior of undercover agents? If so, based on what undercover agents are usually involved in (i.e. drugs, racketeering, domestic terrorism, human trafficking ), why are they viewing the scene, what’s the potential connection?

I like this theory. Here is a twist on it:

Maybe they have evidence of the Elantra Car entering into Washington State.

What if that entire scene with the new agents from WA was a "dog and pony show" created by LE to spook the suspect and make them think LE is hot on their trail .Suspect then hits the road moving out of hiding and possibly makes a mistake or is seen driving the car? This is possibly why Canada announced they BOLO'd the car at the border.
Just some thoughts...

Last edited:
I like this theory. Here is a twist on it:

Maybe they have evidence of the Elantra Car entering into Washington State.

What if that entire scene with the new agents from WA was a "dog and pony show" created by LE to spook the suspect and make them think LE is hot on their trail .Suspect then hits the road moving out of hiding and possibly makes a mistake or is seen driving the car? This is possibly why Canada announced they BOLO'd the car at the border.Idaho does not border Canada but WA does.
Just some thoughts...
Idaho does border Canada, in fact you can take 95 across the border

I question if it's blood too, pray it's not. Wouldn't it turn very dark while drying if it was blood? I wish it was heating oil but heating oil is not used out west.
If I remember correctly, it was much darker in the original picture that came out and then whoever it was, maybe Daily Mail or NY Post, messed with the colors in the picture and made it brighter.

Edit: actually it was the DM article (which was the first one I believe) that had it the regular color. I won’t post the actual photo in case people don’t want to see it.

Entry point into the house

It has been stated (I don’t know if confirmed or not- if so, please can someone link this confirmation) that the killer entered through the slider that was broken.

Does this indicate to you that the perp knew the slider was broken? If they didn’t know this , then what was their plan—in terms of -how would they have entered the house had all doors been locked? A window seems risky because it would be harder/take longer to enter and wound possibly wake the residents of the house.

IMO This crime was premeditated and planned.

<modsnip>

The person who committed it went out of their way to not be identified. I think the person/s who did this was younger and were somehow obsessed,jelous or jaded by one or more of the victims.The victims were very sociallly active posting pics and video on social media sites like instagram,tic toc and snapchat and IMO this will be a factor in the crimes.

As of now it seems LE does not have much to go on.Over time the news conferences/public interest will fade,tips slow down and locals go back to their lives.Other then someone making a connection with the Hyundai to the suspect/crime, a confession or tip from a person who knows the suspect Sadly this might go unsolved for a while.
I too think it was planned. To what extent remains to be seen. Initially, the use of a knife as the murder weapon did make me think this was done by a disorganized killer in a frenetic or drug-induced rage. I figured an arrest was imminent. As the days went by, I began to wonder if just maybe these murders were planned to some extent or another by a more heinous type of killer (if there are even degrees of heinous.) Now I think it’s possible that the killer never even contemplated a weapon other than the knife because (1) it would be the most up close and personal and (2) inflict maximum physical damage on his intended victim(s)

I think it’s someone who had a sick fascination with or deep grudge against one or more of the victims, who had skills with the type of knife used, and who had a high tolerance for the sight, smell, and feel of blood.

He very well could have gotten a burner phone for the occasion. I asked earlier if LE can tell if cell phone originate from burner phones.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless they were uniformed officers, wouldn't they be in plain clothes? They are obviously LE dressed for a snowy cold environment. There could be insignias on shirts under their jackets or not. And LE is known to revisit a crime scene over and over again. I would avoid cameras and press as well. I do not see anything unusual in their visit. Imo.
I think I saw the guy with the Cowboy hat wearing some type of ID badge around his neck .

Just my opinion, but if WA state investigators were looking over the scene, it may indicate the perp is from WA and LE there will actually do the arrest and then extradite to Idaho. So the visit might be a due diligence visit by WA LE for their probable cause arrest warrant when it's time. MOO.

God forbid, but logically, it makes so much sense. Just because geographically, Moscow is so close to Eastern WA. When my hubby took I-90 cross-country, to reach Idaho border from Seattle took him about 5 hours. They slept in a hotel in Montana. I assume that for WA hunters, and perhaps skiers, too, Idaho or Montana are close. I wonder if, with so many Washingtonians coming in to visit, no one pays attention to them in Idaho. I don't know if there is any connection between WASU and UI.

Housing prices and some other factors drive migration from Western WA to Western Idaho. So probably more people have been coming from WA to Idaho to visit relatives.

Since working remotely is so common, one doesn't need to miss job for several days. Just work from home, or take some days off for a flu.

Entry point into the house

It has been stated (I don’t know if confirmed or not- if so, please can someone link this confirmation) that the killer entered through the slider that was broken.

Does this indicate to you that the perp knew the slider was broken? If they didn’t know this , then what was their plan—in terms of -how would they have entered the house had all doors been locked? A window seems risky because it would be harder/take longer to enter and wound possibly wake the residents of the house.
Do we know for sure if the slider was broken? I’ve seen people mention that but I’ve not seen a link. Thanks!

I think it’s someone who had a sick fascination with or deep grudge against one or more of the victims, who had skills with the type of knife used, and who had a high tolerance for the sight, smell, and feel of blood.
Or could be so twisted the killer actually got a thrill out the sight, smell and feel of the blood?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VAres67