ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip: rude> Sometimes victims are completely unawares of the drink spike due to the nature of the spiking.
AFAIK, no toxicology report has been released to the public.
Didn't you propose that the girls were drugged at the bar, not the food truck? That's what I am alluding to, the lapse of time between the bar, and the last known communications from the girls.

Once tox reports are released, how would anyone know who administered the drugs, should drugs be present?

Last edited by a moderator:
Totally agree on that!
I have never heard of extended release roofies.
Not everything is a roofie

Last edited:
Didn't you propose that the girls were drugged at the bar, not the food truck? That's what I am alluding to, the lapse of time between the bar, and the last known communications from the girls.

Once tox reports are released, how would anyone know who administered the rugs, should drugs be present?
The coroner stated early on that there was no indication substances played any role in the murders. We haven’t heard anything else from investigators about drugs besides them saying drugs did not play a role, so IMO we can be fairly confident that they were not drugged.

No such timeline or list has ever been released. All we know is that a call was placed to 911 from one of the surviving roommates' phones at 11:58am.

At 11:58 a.m., a 911 call requested aid for an unconscious person. The call was made from one of the surviving roommates’ cell phones inside the residence. Multiple people talked with the 911 dispatcher before Moscow Police arrived at the location.
No verified information on texts or running to neighbor or anything else prior to the 911 call? There was a thread on this earlier but might have been a deleted rumor.

Switching gears, thanks for the quote. I find it incredulous that the characterization of the state of the victims was “unconscious“ vs “brutally murdered” on that 911 call, if indeed that is factual info. The top two floors were a brutal bloody murder scene correct? Running out of the residence screaming would be a more believable response of a 19/20 year old…

Has it been confirmed they were texting? Last I heard they were calling, and I haven't even heard that they left any voicemail.
I guess I’m not the only one thinking people are mixing up the content of call/texts that K placed PRIOR to the murder with the night of the murder. Ive heard mention that people think the “share a dog” was the night of the murder, when it was described prior as the type of calls she’s made in the past. I don’t remember ever hearing about the voicemail that K might have left the night of the murder.

This excerpt from the Moscow Police website is all we know about communication that day from the two serving roommates :

“On November 13th, the surviving roommates summoned friends to the residence because they believed one of the second-floor victims had passed out and was not waking up. At 11:58 a.m., a 911 call requested aid for an unconscious person. The call was made from one of the surviving roommates’ cell phones inside the residence. Multiple people talked with the 911 dispatcher before Moscow Police arrived at the location. Officers entered the residence and found two victims on the second floor and two victims on the third floor.”

4 brutally murdered people, 4 bloody murder scenes, on the upper floors, and the characterization is “passed out”?

Bars must have CCTV by law in Ireland.

Was the Saturday night they were killed a big night out for U of I students?
There was a home football game and then holidays for 2 weeks I think.

If there had been no football game, would most people have gone home maybe Saturday morning/afternoon?
I know most people go home for Thanksgiving but I guess if you've a part time job or lots of study to do, you might hang around a few days longer.

I'm just curious that if the killer planned it, did he specifically pick that Saturday night?

Cos it would make more sense to pick a week night when they still had classes?

So, by my reasoning it must've been a spur of the moment decision.

The mayor initially said "crime of passion"

I find it incredulous that the characterization of the state of the victims was “unconscious“ vs “brutally murdered” on that 911 call, if indeed that is factual info. The top two floors were a brutal bloody murder scene correct? Running out of the residence screaming would be a more believable response of a 19/20 year old…
This again...

The Cliffs Notes:
Some think it makes no sense at all.
Some think it's likely the victims were locked in rooms and not seen, but not responding to knocks or phone calls.
Some think E was laying face-down in the hall or living room without any blood showing.
Some think the wording "unconscious" is sort of a default lingo for 911 calls.
Some think one of the surviving roommates saw a victim butchered, ran outside, and passed out.
Some think the victims were covered in a blanket or bedspread in their room and the blood wasn't seen.

The coroner stated early on that there was no indication substances played any role in the murders. We haven’t heard anything else from investigators about drugs besides them saying drugs did not play a role, so IMO we can be fairly confident that they were not drugged.
You failed to mention the toxicology report is yet to be done. If any drink spike was, say GBL, it metabolises as alcohol.
The girls must drunk a fair bit, looking at the food truck vid.
Is the coroner implying in the statement, the girls had simply not used drugs at the time, just for clsrity?

"Mabbutt says a toxicology report will be done. As of now, there is no indication substance use is involved in the deaths."

No verified information on texts or running to neighbor or anything else prior to the 911 call? There was a thread on this earlier but might have been a deleted rumor.

Switching gears, thanks for the quote. I find it incredulous that the characterization of the state of the victims was “unconscious“ vs “brutally murdered” on that 911 call, if indeed that is factual info. The top two floors were a brutal bloody murder scene correct? Running out of the residence screaming would be a more believable response of a 19/20 year old…
The specifics around the call is what confuse me so much. Police have been very specific in saying they summoned friends first and then called 911. I could totally see the situation where they find the victims, run out of the house to a friend or neighbour then the call gets made. But that’s not what police has said. So either it’s very poorly worded or misleading or what if there is truth to SG saying the manner of death was different. Someone strangled would appear more ’unconscious’ than a stabbing victim.

This again...

The Cliffs Notes:
Some think it's likely the victims were locked in rooms and not seen, but not responding to knocks or phone calls.
Some think E was laying face-down in the hall or living room without any blood showing.
Some think one of the surviving roommates saw a victim butchered, ran outside, and passed out.
Some think the victims were covered in a blanket or bedspread in their room and the blood wasn't seen.
Quoting myself again. Gah... :rolleyes:

Just to follow up. I personally lean toward #2 - it's likely the victims were locked in rooms and not seen, but not responding to knocks or phone calls.

Pick one, or add to the list!

This again...

The Cliffs Notes:
1, 2, 3, or 4.

Probably 4.

But if it's 3, I don't think blood would be hidden.

No on 5.
No on 6, at least from the 911 callers.

Imo!!!

The 911 call would close down a lot of the circular debates here, but I will bet it will never be released.

I tend to think the daily mail got it right for once, early on, re where one of the bodies was found, but jmo.

This again...

The Cliffs Notes:
So….discussed already. Thanks for the repost synopsis!

The perpetrator walks into the house with four people to murder them with a knife.

Things can go horribly wrong pretty quick. If one of the victims inadvertently has a firearm, throws a chair or other object at the perpetrator, the whole scenario can change. Two against one with objects. Then four against one, then six against one. It was high risk.

The perpetrator has some gall - and some training is my guess

The perpetrator walks into the house with four people to murder them.

Things can go horribly wrong pretty quick. If one of the victims inadvertently has a firearm, throws a chair or other object, the whole scenario can change. Two against one with objects

The perpetrator has some gaul
Agree, but it's even more brazen.
The perpetrator walks into the house with six people.

The perpetrator walks into the house with four people to murder them with a knife.

Things can go horribly wrong pretty quick. If one of the victims inadvertently has a firearm, throws a chair or other object at the perpetrator, the whole scenario can change. Two against one with objects

The perpetrator has some gall
That's why I don't think he went there with the plan in place to kill four people.

The specifics around the call is what confuse me so much. Police have been very specific in saying they summoned friends first and then called 911. I could totally see the situation where they find the victims, run out of the house to a friend or neighbour then the call gets made. But that’s not what police has said. So either it’s very poorly worded or misleading or what if there is truth to SG saying the manner of death was different. Someone strangled would appear more ’unconscious’ than a stabbing victim.
Ok yes, this is what I read days/weeks ago and was trying to remember. The reaching out to friends, first, if it did occur. Staying in the house, quietly, and reaching out to friends.

1. not fleeing, in fear of their own lives, even on seeing 4 bloody bodies, and
2. not in a hurry to summon authorities either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member