ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In post #1 of every thread there is a link to the MEDIA THREAD/NO DISCUSSION thread. It contains all of the most recent media articles about this case.

JMO

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

To me it appears that this is their main POI. The car would have been seen on camera in multiple areas. FBI equipment should be able to get good details from these pictures. Yet the only info that was released was a white Hyundai Elantra 2011-2013 with one or more occupants.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes of course. I wasn’t suggesting any incompetence on the part of LE. I like and respect all divisions of law enforcement. I just thought that the quickest way to get rid of dirty clothes would be to immediately throw them in the washer and just leave them and depart the scene asap. I was wondering if the killer was dressed in “layers” as it was cold out that night. Have a good night

Layers and backpack yes. Washing machine I doubt it.

Police warn web sleuths

"Investigators have been monitoring online activity related to this ongoing and active case and are aware of the large amount of rumors and misinformation being shared as well as harassing and threatening behavior toward potentially involved parties," Moscow police said in a statement Friday afternoon."

Simply being annoying and loud can cause someone to kill you.
I have to confess, I have not 100% ruled that motive out, either.

So I have a next door neighbour who drives a very very loud modified car. Like what teenage boys do to their cars to make it sound cool, not a normal car sound. So the thing is, I do not notice any other cars - including the ones that park closer to my windows, that my own house crowd drives. But that damn next-door car - it literally vibrates the whole house! It is parked right at the extreme end of his land, less than 30 feet from our bedroom wall (that our bedhead is against) and he likes to "warm the engine" for an average of 12-18 minutes. The number of times I have been sick or underslept or stressed and yet again woken up to that darn car in the early morning hours... There have been quite some times when I have considered running out of the house in my fluffy slippers and nightrobe and yelling at him. There have also been times when I've considered sneaking up to that car during the night to fill that exhaust pipe with fireproof Macroflex. Now, the thing is I am relatively sane and have not resorted to any of that, let alone stabbing. But I can easily see how that sheer exhaustion and rage might drive someone to do that.

As I said, not among my top theories, but noise disturbances can be very very annoying to some people and sometimes the people doing it just have no idea.

Simply being annoying and loud can cause someone to kill you. The Idaho house was always loud. Simply look at who wanted peace and quiet. Example of senseless murder below.

“Balbag was struck once in the head and taken to the hospital where he later died.”

Neighbors can kill neighbors over almost anything.
And the least goes on.
What is noticeable in looking at these cases about neighbors killing neighbors is that in the vast majority, the weapon of choice was a gun.

<MOD NOTE - QUOTED post was removed, but this post remains, with respect to changing stories>

I can't speak for him but I had a similar experience years ago. One morning when it was just starting to get light, I was walking out to the barn to do the milking. I heard a noise like banging metal coming from the neighbor's house a quarter mile away. I glanced over and saw some people around a car in their driveway. These neighbors had visitors at all hours of the day and night, so I didn't think much of it. While I was milking, I heard them get in their car and drive away. That afternoon, the sheriff pulled in and said there had been a robbery there and had I seen or heard anything. We walked up to the house and I showed him where I saw the car, told him how many people I saw, described how the people were dressed, estimated their heights, weights, hair color and sex. I tried to describe the car as best I could but it was harder to see. I told them the color, body type and estimated the year. He asked if it was a 2 door or 4 door, but a tree branch blocked my view of the doors. Before he left, he said to keep playing it over in my mind because a lot of times we don't immediately remember everything we saw or heard.

When I went to bed that night I laid there trying to remember anything else. Then I remembered hearing 3 car doors shut at slightly different times. So, it was a 4 door! I called them immediately and told them. They caught them later that night, still wearing the same clothes and in possession of the stolen items. They said my description of the car was what led them to the perps, and I barely saw it. It wasn't until I kept playing it over in my mind that I focused on what I heard, not on what I saw.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't speak for him but I had a similar experience years ago. One morning when it was just starting to get light, I was walking out to the barn to do the milking. I heard a noise like banging metal coming from the neighbor's house a quarter mile away. I glanced over and saw some people around a car in their driveway. These neighbors had visitors at all hours of the day and night, so I didn't think much of it. While I was milking, I heard them get in their car and drive away. That afternoon, the sheriff pulled in and said there had been a robbery there and had I seen or heard anything. We walked up to the house and I showed him where I saw the car, told him how many people I saw, described how the people were dressed, estimated their heights, weights, hair color and sex. I tried to describe the car as best I could but it was harder to see. I told them the color, body type and estimated the year. He asked if it was a 2 door or 4 door, but a tree branch blocked my view of the doors. Before he left, he said to keep playing it over in my mind because a lot of times we don't immediately remember everything we saw or heard.

When I went to bed that night I laid there trying to remember anything else. Then I remembered hearing 3 car doors shut at slightly different times. So, it was a 4 door! I called them immediately and told them. They caught them later that night, still wearing the same clothes and in possession of the stolen items. They said my description of the car was what led them to the perps, and I barely saw it. It wasn't until I kept playing it over in my mind that I focused on what I heard, not on what I saw.
So the moral of the story is right after a person hears or witness something they may not have fully realized, understood, or fully processed every thing until they go over it in their head over and over which can sometimes be days later.

And the least goes on.
What is noticeable in looking at these cases about neighbors killing neighbors is that in the vast majority, the weapon of choice was a gun.
This is enough to make me go into my house and never come out again...jkjkk
Pretty great compilation, actually. Thanks for posting this.

And the least goes on.
The grisliest one for me was the one up in Pennsylvania on I think February 29, 2020 neighbors had a dispute about snow removal. The husband and wife were calling him coward and pussy repeatedly so he went in the house, got a gun and shot them to prove he wasnt. (All caught on video, with dialogue, by CCTV). Friends, don't goad your neighbors, you never know who you're dealing with.

I felt they might have had their drinks spiked at the bar. They both a bit drunk at the pasta truck.
Some drink spikes metabolise as alcohol so don't show up in toxicology
They were texting for at least an hour after they got home. The family described some of the texts KG made, like "pick up (JD), we share a dog together". Then IiRC M made a couple of texts to the same person just before 3 am. I don't know if there were more texts from M as iirc the texts we learned about came specifically from KG phone.

So, even if they had been drugged at the bar, how much time elapsed until the last texts ( that we know about) after transportation to grub truck, waiting around for food, transportation to house, plus at least an hour more? Probably some of you guys remember how much time they were present at grub truck, I don't remember. Just that drugging them at the bar with the intent of having them fall under the influence of the drugs much later (imo) doesn't seem logical.

Last edited:
Furthermore, it seems like all of these cases where anger and resentment boil over to become rage, the killer exhibited little desire to get away with it. At best, half-hearted, and after the fact. That just doesn't seem to be the case here. It was methodical, calculated, and cold as the Idaho winter.

They were texting for at least an hour after they got home. The family described some of the texts KG made, like "pick up (boyfriend), we share a dog together". Then IiRC M made a couple of texts to the same person just before 3 am. I don't know if there were more texts from M as iirc the texts we learned about came specifically from KG phone.
Has it been confirmed they were texting? Last I heard they were calling, and I haven't even heard that they left any voicemail.

I’m wondering if that means they’ve had the information re the white Elantra for quite some time and it hasn’t panned out. Maybe their last option was to ask the public…
They could do a search on the vehicle type registered in Idaho but this would likely be a long list, possibly in the hundreds or more. Also, since this is a college town the likelihood of the vehicle being registered in another state is higher. It would waste a lot of time and effort going through that list. They likely are asking for info to narrow it down. IMO

Has it been confirmed they were texting? Last I heard they were calling, and I haven't even heard that they left any voicemail.
How would the family know what the messages to the boyfriend were, if there were neither texts nor voicemail? Honest question, I can't think of any other way for a record to be made of the gist of those communications.

In any case, my post is about the time lapse between possible drugging at the bar (per OP) vs when the last communication from KG occurred.

Journalist says, perpetrator entered through sliding door, kills Ethan and Xana, then goes up next floor and kills Kaylee and Mad

It’s not as if X’s room was anywhere near the sliding door. Killer would have to go through the kitchen, into the living room, and then down the hall to X’s room. Then back down the hall, through the living room and up the stairs to K&M. That always puzzled me. And the order has not been released, just cause the journalist surmised that, there is nothing factual.
They could do a search on the vehicle type registered in Idaho but this would likely be a long list, possibly in the hundreds or more. Also, since this is a college town the likelihood of the vehicle being registered in another state is higher. It would waste a lot of time and effort going through that list. They likely are asking for info to narrow it down. IMO
Honestly, with the manpower and databases available, hundreds doesn’t sound like that many to go through. If it were a newer model it would be much harder, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member