ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just my opinion - but given the ability of US satellites surveillance, I'd be surprised if investigators don't have exact pics of the vehicle and where it was before, during and after this event, and where it currently is located. The problem is that, for national security reasons, this will never be admitted/discussed/used as evidence by LE. So they have to get other evidence that ties the vehicle to the crime, which can be used in Court. Just MOO - remember how US Satellites traced a courier in pakistan over several weeks and found Osama Bin Laden...if we could do that in Pakistan over 11 years ago...
I am pretty sure satellites don't scan every square inch of the nation without being directed to monitor a certain area.

That's interesting. Now that I think about it, I've listened to 911 calls where the caller had a hard time communicating with the dispatcher because of panic. Maybe that could be the case for this too? Idk, that's JMO.

JMO Yes. I believe one of the survivors dialed 911 but was too inconsolable to actually talk to them so one of the friends, who had already rushed over there, took the phone from her and talked to 911 himself. It would explain why he was using the survivors phone to begin with.

I don’t believe it was because he forgot his own phone. He must have had his phone already on him. How else would he have known to come over there in the first place?

snip
I think a crime was planned; not this one, though, not of the magnitude it became.
Agree

plus we're likely to soon find out that, actually, LE have a ton of fingerprints and DNA and several PoI's are still in play.
( It's just that the scene is so complex, it takes longer)

JB from Channel WFLA spent c an hour going over that with two forensics professors ( formerly with LE)

Fact it takes so long doesn't necessarily imply that this perp is criminal mastermind
Causation & correlation get confused.

Just my opinion - but given the ability of US satellites surveillance, I'd be surprised if investigators don't have exact pics of the vehicle and where it was before, during and after this event, and where it currently is located. The problem is that, for national security reasons, this will never be admitted/discussed/used as evidence by LE. So they have to get other evidence that ties the vehicle to the crime, which can be used in Court. Just MOO - remember how US Satellites traced a courier in pakistan over several weeks and found Osama Bin Laden...if we could do that in Pakistan over 11 years ago...
Do you think the National Reconnaissance Office and the CIA share spy satellite info with local law enforcement to solve a murder case? They don't.

JMO Yes. I believe one of the survivors dialed 911 but was too inconsolable to actually talk to them so one of the friends, who had already rushed over there, took the phone from her and talked to 911 himself. It would explain why he was using the survivors phone to begin with.

I don’t believe it was because he forgot his own phone. He must have had his phone already on him. How else would he have known to come over there in the first place?
Which 911 call are you referring to?

This tragedy seems to be breaking news:

Police said they responded to King Road for a report of an unconscious person. When officers arrived, they “discovered four individuals who were deceased...”

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8
Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16
Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24
Thread #25

Media Thread/No Discussion

Press photo album (compilation courtesy of WS member cujenn81)

Moscow ID Police Departement Facebook page

City of Moscow re King Road Homicide

Detectives are looking to develop context for the events and people involved in the four murders at 1122 King Rd in Moscow, Idaho. Anyone who observed notable behavior, has video surveillance, or can provide relevant information about these murders:

I've put some videos I found on Youtube onto my "my mix" play list. It seems it's a tangled mess right now.

I would bet you $100 if the media even thought they saw a drop of blood, they'd report it.

Remember the picture of the supposed blood dripping down the foundation wall outside the house near the 2nd floor sliding glass door that goes to the kitchen? Everyone on the internet was saying it looked like blood (and it did), and even early on some news stations were focusing on it. I personally do not think it was blood because there were never any evidence markers near it. It might have been heating oil. Who knows?!

{{ MY OPINION ONLY }}

Wouldn't it be swabbed/removed if it was blood? It looks like blood but ..... I don't think it is.

The Police Chief’s “optimism,” coupled with the request for information on the vehicle, lead me to believe that they are closing in.

I also can’t shake the feeling that the “target” here (if there was one), was X.

moo.

Wanted to add I'm also optimistic but just the reality that someone could kill that many people without waking up the others, is too well planned out. Still very high risk like serial killer enjoy.
I just assumed however the point of entrance he did it with gloves and didn't bother to close it so as to not leave any traces of evidence, and would just exit through open doors not touching anything on the way out.

What interesting about this white Hyundai Electra being spotted around 3am to -5am on the morning of November 13. Is the following:

People who live in the area don’t know of anyone who lives in that area to own such a car.

Also keep in mind this is a college town. There’s going to be very very very few cars driving the roads especially on a Sunday between 3am-5am.

I imagine it being somewhat of a ghost town in that particular town on Sunday especially between those hours.

I have a high school friend who is now head of DNA sequencing at a major university. He said there are so many more tools available today and that all they need are a few cells from the individual (be it blood or even skin cells) and they can extract full DNA matchable sample.

Of course, PCR amplifying.
Here is something about gene therapy, which is the future of medicine. Feel free to delete if you feel it is off-topic, but I think we have advanced so much! We need to know what's happening in science.

Several years ago, our close friend, a biochemist in the best hospital, answered my question. So many leukemias are related to single gene inversion in one chromosome, said I. Why is science so far from reversion of one single gene back? He said that one of the biggest problem were bonds holding DNA strands together, and changes in one gene could lead to changes in a very different gene on the other end of the bond. I don't know if science has bypassed or not.

If someone can pull off killing 4 people, couples sleeping, without waking the roommates or the last couple to be killed, it would have been very well planned and executed.
The heaviness of the sleeping of the roommates, how well the noise isolation works towards the 1st floor and the fact that people often don't scream when attacked all have absolutely nothing to do with the planning or execution.
This suggest the killer would have also be very methodical about not leaving any DNA or physical evidence.
Nope.

MOO: I feel like some people give the killer way too much credit and it's kinda yuck. Someone stabbed 4 drunk college kids in their sleep. This does not require that much skill, rather rage and/or psychiatric issues. While getting a college degree might require skills, as might collecting money for a new car at such a young age or getting a good partner/friend to fall asleep next to. I feel like the prep lacked at least some of these skills.

P.S: just this crazy story to share, too! Just to show how a person might be able to behave.

Actually, Timothy McVeigh was caught driving a car without a license plate. When he was pulled over, he also was carrying a concealed weapon and was arrested.

Well, that's how he got picked up. But it was the Ryder rental that got him for the bombing.
From that article:
On April 20, the rear axle of the Ryder truck was located, which yielded a vehicle identification number that was traced to a body shop in Junction City, Kansas. Employees at the shop helped the FBI quickly put together a composite drawing of the man who had rented the van. Agents showed the drawing around town, and local hotel employees supplied a name: Tim McVeigh.

Last edited:

What stood out to me about this article is that both neighbors interviewed kept emphasizing how quiet it was that night and how abnormal that is. They mentioned the King Rd house always having parties/get-togethers on weekends especially and that there had been a few noise complaints to the home. The female neighbor mentioned having to routinely wear earplugs to be able to sleep due to noise. Now, both of these neighbors seemed to take this all in stride and even joke about the party scene.

But it got me thinking that if it really was that frequent as to be super abnormal that it was quiet the night of the murders, maybe another neighbor wasn't so cheery about it. If it was so loud overnight often that some neighbors had to wear earplugs, maybe someone else was driven to the point of rage. I want to be clear I am NOT placing any blame on these college kids throwing parties. Just saying that it sounds like it was common for it to be loud and not everyone who lives around there is a college student (one of the people interviewed in that article works at a restaurant and is not a student; the other is a 29 year old grad student, so past the point of house parties). So others who live nearby may be older/not students and angry about the noise. Maybe they waited for a night that had no parties to strike. JMO
IMO This wasn’t a coincidence: No parties that night, killer knows this & knows that he/she can enter at 3am to a quiet house. I’m not thinking it was a neighbor upset about the noise (very well could be though!) but it was someone who knew there wasn’t going to be a party that night so he planned his attack.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member