ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thé DMV has every car. The color, the year, the model
Are you suggesting that LE will follow-up with the owner of every registered car in the state of Idaho that matches the description? I have my doubts. Even if they did, that only reinforces what I said - it's a complicated, intensive process. Plus, no owner would be obligated to speak with police, and some percentage will ignore calls, refuse to give a statement, etc.

Most difficult of all - how does LE go about identifying which of these cars was parked in their owners' garage vs. driving around Moscow on the night of the murders? Imagine the manpower required to confirm alibis of everyone in the state who owns that model car.

According to Hyundai Elantra Sales Figures, there were approximately 650,000 2011-13 Elantras sold in the US. Car colour popularity - Wikipedia shows white is the preference of approximately 25% people, and recent sales figures indicate that this is also approximately the number of white cars sold. So there are approximately 162,500 white Elantras from those years out there. Now Idaho and Washington have 3% of the population, so there should be about 5000 white Elantras in Idaho and Washington, about 800 of them in Idaho. So it's reasonable that one could track them down in a short period of time based on registration data.

I'd probably expand a few states, but good links and yes, LE should be able to nail down that pool, and that they haven't tells us something.

They do carry themselves like Marshalls. My LE obsessed son saw me watching the clip yesterday and said "Oh they've got the Marshalls involved."

However a lot of Fed agents carry themselves in a similar same manner.

Note: I'm not saying they are Marshalls, I'm merely stating upon looks the OP wasnt alone in their first impression.
You can tell the marshals by their size and their swagger.

My nephew is a retired marshal, now doing private gigs for $100 an hour.

Yeah, but if the car is un-findable then it almost certainly means this wasn't a crime committed by some aggrieved college kid or impulsive incel.

My opinion.
I wonder if it is a car from another state such as Florida or Tennessee or whatever.

Maybe someone has not registered the car in Idaho or Washington.

if that is the case, then a neighbor or someone will spot it

remember kids, law enforcement does not provide us with information in real time. In fact there is information they will never provide until the case is solved. We have no clue who they have already interviewed regarding this car.

Thé DMV has every car. The color, the year, the model
unless
The Car was recently purchased and remains unregistered.
The Car has been re-painted. (VIN's show original manufactured colour)
The Car was stolen.
The Car was rented.
The Cas was borrowed.
The Plates have been swapped/stolen.
The Car could have been purchased or registered anywhere in North America - plenty of reasons why The Police are seeking the Publics assistance.

because all cars require licensing, and large databases exist for compiling the data, and if they know the type and color of vehicle, they can find it. they know how many were made, who owns them, the ones that were totaled, etc., and that means, for this car to be unidentifiable and unable to be traced to an owner, someone either slipped through a wire or the owner doesn't know the car is gone. there are a number of posts about this earlier in the thread, but this is unusual that LE would need the public's help to ID the owners.

Everyone is talking about cars in the US. Remember that LE will most likely have to check with law enforcment in at last Alberta and British Columbia as well since it is a mere 4 hour drive from Moscow to the border.

And even checking out the 800 cars (as suggested in another post) would take time. LE has to get warrants to get the information and then follow up on the addresses of which a portion are not current. A little over three weeks really isn't that much time considering all the other evidence and leads they are also following up on.

I wonder if it is a car from another state such as Florida or Tennessee or whatever.

Maybe someone has not registered the car in Idaho or Washington.

if that is the case, then a neighbor or someone will spot it
that is a possibility. it's also possible that with the number of stolen cars, this was a previously stolen one and the person who sold it isn't really interested in providing that information. lots of chop shop and other bad behavior possible. or it belongs to someone who is indisposed and unable to report it stolen. IMO it fell through some sort of safety net for LE to need the public's help. unless the killer is dumb as a box of rocks, the only way they'd drive their own car to a quadruple homicide is if they knew it would not be traced to them. imo.

unless
The Car was recently purchased and remains unregistered.
The Car has been re-painted. (VIN's show original manufactured colour)
The Car was stolen.
The Car was rented.
The Cas was borrowed.
The Plates have been swapped/stolen.
The Car could have been purchased or registered anywhere in North America - plenty of reasons why The Police are seeking the Publics assistance.
that's what we're saying. those are the reasons that LE would need help. because it fell through the predictable stopgaps and databases. that's the whole point.

Everyone is talking about cars in the US. Remember that LE will most likely have to check with law enforcment in at last Alberta and British Columbia as well since it is a mere 4 hour drive from Moscow to the border.

And even checking out the 800 cars (as suggested in another post) would take time. LE has to get warrants to get the information and then follow up on the addresses of which a portion are not current. A little over three weeks really isn't that much time considering all the other evidence and leads they are also following up on.
canada is the easy piece. you can't cross without that information and that would lead to an owner. asking for the public's help to find the car probably wouldn't be any faster imo.

also, le would not need warrants for information about border crossings.

I don't believe so; only

Describing the crime scene to Today, coroner Ms Mabbutt said that there was “quite a bit of blood”.

and

Goncalves’ parents had previously said that they had been told by authorities that the investigation is moving slowly because the killer left behind a “mess” of evidence.

Steve and Kristi Goncalves said they’ve heard from police that the crime scene is sprawling and chaotic.

“They’re telling us that there’s so much evidence that it’s going to take a lot of time to process it all,” Mr Goncalves told Fox News. “This wasn’t like a pinpoint crime. This person was sloppy.

Killed 4 with a knife while in bed. Tell me how this could be a tidy scene.

that is a possibility. it's also possible that with the number of stolen cars, this was a previously stolen one and the person who sold it isn't really interested in providing that information. lots of chop shop and other bad behavior possible. or it belongs to someone who is indisposed and unable to report it stolen. IMO it fell through some sort of safety net for LE to need the public's help. unless the killer is dumb as a box of rocks, the only way they'd drive their own car to a quadruple homicide is if they knew it would not be traced to them. imo.
If the killer were driving a stolen Elantra, that certainly points to premeditation or a serial killer. An act of passion probably occurs with one's own personal vehicle. IMO

LE monitoring online web sleuths for misinformation.
good. One of the videos i saw is a woman claiming she knows for sure so and so did it and using tarot cards, etc. Smells like a lawsuit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member