ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume LE has everyone's records. I was talking about the the initial reporting about the calls that I thought came from Ks sister saying she had looked at their family phone records. I could be misremembering.
Did she talk about the texts about sharing the dog? I'm trying to place those messages in the timeline relative to the 3am unanswered calls. TIA

Federal Authorities are acting just like they would if they believed the car was likely driven by the Killer.

They aren’t going to name a suspect. They just don’t. They want an interview and someone that believes they can pass off a story to LE.

They won’t alert the Perp knowing he will go underground.

One would think someone happening by would’ve come forward and the search for the Hyundai would be over.

I see a few relatively straightforward ways to get out of town without passing by one of these main traffic cameras. Surely, they're combing through some data. Edit: I don't think the Idaho DOT cams keep more than a still shot every 15 seconds. Hopefully they pulled those before being erased since they don't keep them long term.
View attachment 386495
Wasn't LE asking for footage along a certain route earlier in this case? (but I'm possibly mistaking that thought with other cases...too much TC in my brain).
If I'm correct in that thought, though, would that route take a person close to an area where - someone upthread mentioned - an Elantra was reported stolen some 90 miles away?

I'm of the belief owner of Elantra is clueless of its whereabouts; be it stolen, borrowed, part of a snow-bird-squatting scenario. Something.

More and more this is screaming Manson-esque to me; they raided Spahn Ranch mostly because of the car thieving only to find out a couple months later The Family was connected to atrocities at Cielo Dr. I swear, I think we're gonna be seeing more and more similarities between the cases of King Rd and Cielo Dr.

All jmo, curiosity, and speculation with hopes of what I'm trying to say makes sense. Tired-mushed-brained, right now. Apologies in advance.

Txt msg is not shared, only the event of a txt msg right ?

As well, some people do not initiate their voice mail because they prefer that the person calls back or texts. Too much time to manage listening or clearing a voice msg account when full.
Interview (9/20) with K's parents...

Dad - One of her messages, one of her last messages - she reached out to Jack and said 'Jack, get back to me' and then she goes 'we share a dog together', which they did, she's like 'you need to reach out to me', so..

Mom - 'Please come over'. She was wanting Jack to come over there.

What's weird, though, is that surely LE wouldn't put the car driver/owner at risk? Right? A bunch of people with the same car are now treated as if they are possible criminals - and there's almost no chance that anything can be gained from this effort.

Unless of course, LE already knows or suspects who the person is and has them under watch.
Moo...

If I were the FBI....I'd run the list of all the possible descriptions, analyze the data. Ones within 200 miles I'd have LE or FBI agents check those vehicles. Stolen vehicles, I'd look for clues in the robbery report, location, sophistication of robbery, door cam, surveillance videos, any clue. My last resort would be crowd sourcing, once its announced to the public the criminal is aware FBI is on the trail.

As I said, the person in the vehicle is not coming forward, LE knows this. They are hoping for identification, description, locations/paths traveled, interactions, etc.

Hopefully the tip line is flooded with calls. IF FBI/LE did a lot of leg work in the beginning, vehicle tips can. easily be ruled out, as they have already investigated.

Mho

This is all a systematic approach. They had hundreds working initially, it would be easy to have teams working several projects/avenues at the same time.

There is NO way, MOO Moscow LE is coordinating this investigation, its to big, requires large scale strategic planning, supervision, work assignments for 100s of high skilled employees. Nope Moscow is doing the talking, in MOO, FBI is running the show.

All my humble opinion.

It could be a situation where this car repeatedly drove by the murder site during LE's initial arrival and maybe after that? Also could be that the car was watching everything from a distance and it seemed odd to LE? Could the murder have come back to the scene to watch?
Possibly to admire their “handiwork”

Not the first time I've seen someone mention this, and I have to ask... does this actually happen? I have some decent chef's knives, and I can't imagine the tips breaking off under any scenario.
It's the clip point blade design. That tip is extremely sharp and the very end of it can break off on harder or dense objects because the metal is so thin.

I'm not sure how I missed this but that is a great point!
If there were only unanswered phone calls, no texts or voice mails, there would have been no way to know that all the calls weren't by K since it was her phone. So there must be messages.
Great thinking!
Dad - One of her messages, one of her last messages - she reached out to Jack and said 'Jack, get back to me' and then she goes 'we share a dog together', which they did, she's like 'you need to reach out to me', so..

Interview (9/20) with K's parents...

IMO, the dog was upset and sensing something

And I’d like to add to this, the sleeping position.
Statistically speaking, at least one or more of the victims were sleeping on their stomach, this would give the killer total control and the sleeping victim none whatsoever, they’d be dead before they even knew what was happening. JMO
How could they be stabbed in the chest & upper body if sleeping on their stomach?

No, not bizarre. What's odd is assuming the facts as stated by MPD are incorrect. Why not think "oh, maybe the smell of blood isn't as strong as I thought / have been led to believe"? Or "This doesn't make sense to me - I must be missing some key detail"?
I prefer to try and imagine possible scenarios that fit the known facts. What that tells me is: when the roommates summoned friends to the house, they did not know of the horrific crime that had occurred. Why is that not the obvious conclusion?

The
If bedroom doors were closed, the stench may not have yet emanated thru out the house

It is likely that the stench would be noticeable.

Question: If you have blood or DNA from the killer, but he/she has never had crimes where their DNA was collected, how do they find out who the DNA is from? I know little about how DNA works.
They can determine sex (by way of X and or Y chromosomes) and provide an estimate of ethnicity but otherwise, if a person’s DNA is not in the database system, they can’t get an ID. In some cases LE can petition the court to provide the DNA to a genetic database in an effort to locate relatives. Depends on several factors as to whether get get that access.

Either the ususal late night drunken remorse call to the ex- (we've most of us been there) or -- dunno. Has an eerieness about it (though what, based on what we know then transpired, wouldn't?).
What was beng communicated. A key sleuthing question.

I sure hope this is what LE is doing. Obviously, local Elantras (registered) would have already been investigated. No luck.

So now - for some reason - LE thinks the Elantra occupants possess crucial information. You're likely right that the killer did not take a car that could be tied back to him.

So whose car is it? I agree with your entire last paragraph. It's very hard to envision a scenario in which LE are doing a type of BOLO for a car that has possible witnesses, but no identifying information.

I'm guessing the car did not ever contain the killer - but might have other information, although I can't imagine what it could be.
IKR?! and then add in the Canada BOLO, that seems intentional to announce it. It makes no sense. except that as I looked at the cameras on the ID, WA and OR maps, there's not a lot in and out of there. Perhaps with the FBI resources available, they were able to quickly ID and eliminate certain cars in and out of the area and nailed it to this one 4 weeks later? I know for a fact that the ticketing system and traffic data is fast - and includes adjoining PNW states, so that's the best I can come up with.

No not really, just the high body count and extreme and swift plus 'professional' technique nature of it, plus the lack of obvious motivation. When million dollar deals are at stake and people are living in the gangland world, an order to take out someone's family as a form of retribution could be done quite mercilessly by someone who is a hired assa

For anyone interested in speculating about the murderer’s profession (or lack thereof), please read and contribute. If you are not, feel free to scroll on by.

I see this murderer as an employed man in a stereotypically male profession…one which has some risk, where hand tools are used, and where he does not have to interact often with others. I also see him as able to move around geographically a fair amount. He is accustomed to uncomfortable circumstances. I am thinking about some sort of skilled labor, like welding, tree trimming, roofing. I can’t see him holding a job for very much longer than some months because he has obvious disdain for other people. He may even prefer solitary work or third shift to minimize his interactions. He’s reliable, experienced, and good at what he does. He’s probably been at it for some time, maybe placing him in his thirties.

Do any of you have some thoughts?

MOO.

Edited for poor grammar
The observation of 1122 match the date the murders were committed is interesting.

I would like to know what circumstances led to the house not hosting a party that evening.

If it is common to not host a party the weekend before Thanksgiving then that can be known for many years.

If a particular communication went out to announce no partying that weekend, then those directly and indirectly would become aware of the opportunity.

I believe it is important to know why the party routine may have been interrupted ?

Who sets the status quote in the home for engaging a party ?

Who had access to the sentiment that a party occur.

How much time did the suspect have to become aware, prepare, and act ? Was it weeks, days, or hrs ?

All occupants of the home had not been there in the evening and returned early morning.

So, why are there no reports of friends just popping in and out all night ? Something modified the group behavior.

Who knew this ?

How would someone know that 3:30 to 4 AM would be a good time to act ?

Reports of persons scouting (perhaps that is where the white car comes in) they may wait for lights to turn off.

If they were in the house, how would they know when to act when everyone was asleep.

A lot of questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member