ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read the Coroner determined the wounds were created by the same weapon.

I hate to ask, but if you have that link, please post it. I haven't seen that anywhere (confirmed the same knife) and I've been waiting to find out one way or the other. All I've seen is that they were all stabbed by a fixed blade knife. If the same knife, then I'm sticking with single killer. If more than one knife could still be one but points more to two.

Eta: I saw the quote, but where did that one come from? The coroner changed her story a couple of times.TIA.

Did our case put ideas in someone’s head? Random? No relationship between the two.

One of our astute members posted an eerily similar image of a cut-proof glove and theory as the one in the IG photo seen below from your link. The guy in the Benicia, Cali story doesn't appear to be into fancy knives. He's got a slightly used box cutter and nearly no duct tape at all.

How interesting to learn that wearing such cut resistant gloves made of Kevlar are evidently popular among dastardly kidnappers and evil-minded killers. moo

Screenshot 2022-12-10 11.47.34 PM.png

I've seen comments on this thread this evening about this but I didn't realize the police think the killer could strike again!

So, does this mean they think he's still in town? Or (probably) just covering all bases.

This also tells me that maybe they are looking at, with equal balance, this guy possibly being a serial and/or thrill killer and that one specific person was not targeted, which I would think any good LE would do (exploring all possibilites). But, what speaks the loudest, IMO, all this put together makes me really think they still don't have a clue on who it is. 8-(

I believe the downstairs women called their (male) friend to get help in breaking down the door, but they probably already had a terrible premonition as well.
They might have called E's brother, thinking or knowing that he had the pass code. If they got the door open during the 911 call, that would certainly account for confusion and the phone being passed around.

I hate to ask, but if you have that link, please post it. I haven't seen that anywhere (confirmed the same knife) and I've been waiting to find out one way or the other. All I've seen is that they were all stabbed by a fixed blade knife. If the same knife, then I'm sticking with single killer. If more than one knife could still be one but points more to two.

Eta: I saw the quote, but where did that one come from? The coroner changed her story a couple of times.TIA.

That’s where I saw it initially

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

This is the thing that is fascinating to me. They don't have a suspect so they claim, yet they are warning students this weekend to stay in groups because the Moscow PD thinks the killer might strike again this weekend. This whole case is weird.
Moscow PD thinks no such thing.

We all want to feel safe. And for us oldies, who remember safer times, the world can seem shocking. And for parents, especially of college kids, this is so threatening.
But the police can't be concerned with that now. It just can't be a priority.
SG , in his grief, has demonstrated his inability not to interfere and make statements IMO detrimental to the case. He is suffering and it's completely understandable. But releasing info is not the answer. Nothing about the actual suspects until an arrest is imminent should be disclosed.
But the one thing college kids and society does not get: College campuses are not safer than real life. The very nature of colleges in and around urban living, transient population, or isolated, rural areas brings crimes. The drinking and partying..no moral judgement..leaves kids more vulnerable. Not to mention, forgetting to lock doors. And the false sense that we all had as kids .. nothing bad can happen.
Coupled with social media footprints laying out movements and schedules, kids don't realize they can be handing someone a blueprint of their life.
None of this makes it ever a victims fault, but it's a matter of reducing your chances of being a victim..
I 100% agree with every last word, Crimesnooper. I breathed a huge sigh of relief when my kids started to register that they weren't invulnerable which only happened after a male popped up in the backseat of my good-looking blonde daughter who also had a good-looking blonde roommate (K and M remind me of them too much) and grabbed my daughter by the throat. She had black bruises from his fingers for more than a week. We did our best to prepare her which was enough martial arts to earn a black belt plus a cell phone before they became common. And I told her to never, ever get the car with anyone no matter how heinous the threat. (Ted Bundy was operating at this time). She managed to pry the attacker's fingers loose and stagger out of the car. He came right after her, and she had just enough air left to kick him in the groin with a right foot that could break two inch oak boards held higher than her head, and when he went down, a double knife hand strike at the base of his skull. She sped away, then got scared, so drove back around the block to see if he was dead. He was still laying there, but she went home when she should have called 911 for ambulance and police. She was afraid she'd get in trouble (lack of maturity on her part, not realizing her neck damage was all the proof she needed). Plus she had been drinking underage but, thank God, not enough to fully impair her. This was the moment she learned true fear, along with a degree of confidence. The reason he was lurking in her backseat was she chose not to lock her car. She learned her lesson, but I've always wondered if he did. Or did he move on to hurt someone else?

I've seen comments on this thread this evening about this but I didn't realize the police think the killer could strike again!

So, does this mean they think he's still in town? Or (probably) just covering all bases.

This also tells me that maybe they are looking at, with equal balance, this guy possibly being a serial and/or thrill killer and that one specific person was not targeted, which I would think any good LE would do (exploring all possibilites). But, what speaks the loudest, IMO, all this put together makes me really think they still don't have a clue on who it is. 8-(

Ok but this is the Post quoting DM. Where does LE say that they think the killer could strike again? IMO LE knows the town is on edge & rightly so. They’re trying to calm fears by telling people to be smart, stay alert, buddy up. Isn’t that just basic safety advice? I’d think (I’d hope!) if LE thought the killer could strike again they’d have more specific, more detailed advice.

MOO

JMHOO The weapon, admittedly, the fixed blade edge knife has garnered my attention.

Is it typically a fixed edge weapon that one would carry into the woods when hunting deer?

Is a fixed blade knife typically one would carry for protection? Or one used in MIL combat?

A fixed blade knife means the handle is forged into the blade, right? Rambo style? How long is it?

This is the Karambit knife. This double edge blade allows for shallow stabs and wider puncturing stabs.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=kerambits&crid=3MVB5Y5JYJBLW&sprefix=karambit%2Caps%2C486&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

Screenshot 2022-08-22 1.26.23 PM.png

KA BAR KNIFE sample

Screenshot 2022-12-11 12.22.07 AM.png

KA-BAR Knives Becker Eskabar 7in BK14 Blade Length: 3.13 in, Blade Material: 1095 Cro-Van, 18% Off w/ Free S&H

KA BAR serrated KNIFE sample
This piece of scariness is nearly 12" long.
Screenshot 2022-12-11 12.25.09 AM.png
https://www.opticsplanet.com/ka-bar-d2-extreme-tactical-utility-knife.html

“Latah County Coroner Cathy Mabbutt said the manner of death was a stabbing for all four individuals. ... and Kaylee Goncalves, 21, who police say were attacked with an "edged weapon," likely a knife. Mabbutt said the same knife was likely used to kill all four victims.”
To add further

"Latah County Coroner Cathy Mabbutt said that each victim suffered multiple stab wounds from a "pretty large knife."

IMO there are a number of options regarding this, and I posted previously about it, but unsure as to what I can and cannot say so not elaborating here.

News reports have said no dna or fingerprints found, here's one:

but there have been others.

It seem fair to examine ways that the killer could have killed four people without leaving dna and fingerprints, however, but I don't want to cause the mods more work removing postings, so I'll just say cut resistant gloves and other options should be considered imo.
We don’t know that he didn’t leave DNA or fingerprints.

Unless I’m behind.

JMHOO The weapon, admittedly, the fixed blade edge knife has garnered my attention.

Is it typically a fixed edge weapon that one would carry into the woods when hunting deer?

Is a fixed blade knife typically one would carry for protection? Or one used in MIL combat?

A fixed blade knife means the handle is forged into the blade, right? Rambo style? How long is it?

This is the Karambit knife. This double edge blade allows for shallow stabs and wider puncturing stabs.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=kerambits&crid=3MVB5Y5JYJBLW&sprefix=karambit%2Caps%2C486&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

View attachment 386589

KA BAR KNIFE sample

View attachment 386591

KA-BAR Knives Becker Eskabar 7in BK14 Blade Length: 3.13 in, Blade Material: 1095 Cro-Van, 18% Off w/ Free S&H

KA BAR serrated KNIFE sample
This piece of scariness is nearly 12" long.
View attachment 386594
https://www.opticsplanet.com/ka-bar-d2-extreme-tactical-utility-knife.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members