ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The surviving students did not notice that no one was around. You can smell blood. It has a heavy, cloying rust iron odor. The students bled out, there would have been blood everywhere. The house would br filled with the stench.So they call friends over? Bizzare.
When my kids were that age, living with large groups of kids in those sprawling apartments, they didn’t really keep up with each other’s comings and goings. Kids that age seldom worry about things that a parent would instantly notice, or worry about. When I was younger, I didn’t worry about those thing.

As for the smell of blood, I might recognize there was something that smelled off, but I doubt I would recognize the smell of blood.

Just of note~(I don’t read everything here and don’t check these threads daily, so perhaps it’s been mentioned already).

Folks keep mentioning that cameras would pick up license plates so how would the Elantra not be able to be quickly traceable.

With the mention of Canada several times , I think it’s important to know that Canada has very strict privacy laws. Many people rent cars with Canadian plates, knowing they won’t likely have to pay tolls (WA state has toll roads). Not saying this car was rented…I’m just stating that I know this law because of renting cars while in WA and chatting with a rental car employee. Years ago, I looked up the info she told me, and it was true. At least back then it was.

I think there’s a process to where if someone is charged criminally with something, Canada will comply with record release. So perhaps the vehicle had Canadian plates, and there would be a probable delay at getting owner info.

I feel for everyone working on this case, it is clearly daunting.

But I mainly feel such deep horrific sadness for these young peoples loved ones. I simply can’t begin to imagine the pain they are holding.

Question: If you have blood or DNA from the killer, but he/she has never had crimes where their DNA was collected, how do they find out who the DNA is from? I know little about how DNA works.
CODIS stores DNA from perps.
The observation of 1122 match the date the murders were committed is interesting.

I would like to know what circumstances led to the house not hosting a party that evening.

If it is common to not host a party the weekend before Thanksgiving then that can be known for many years.

If a particular communication went out to announce no partying that weekend, then those directly and indirectly would become aware of the opportunity.

I believe it is important to know why the party routine may have been interrupted ?

Who sets the status quote in the home for engaging a party ?

Who had access to the sentiment that a party occur.

How much time did the suspect have to become aware, prepare, and act ? Was it weeks, days, or hrs ?

All occupants of the home had not been there in the evening and returned early morning.

So, why are there no reports of friends just popping in and out all night ? Something modified the group behavior.

Who knew this ?

How would someone know that 3:30 to 4 AM would be a good time to act ?

Reports of persons scouting (perhaps that is where the white car comes in) they may wait for lights to turn off.

If they were in the house, how would they know when to act when everyone was asleep.

A lot of questions
They arrive home from work late evening into the early morning hours. They were wide awake alert at this time of the night and probably angry-trying to get to sleep. They had minutes to act and did so easily. They would have seen the lights going off in the house because they lived in the neighborhood. Was there a previous threat made to the roommates about the noise? from Sigma Chi, the university, LE in the form of a letter in the mail? A noise citation or complaint sent to the roommates before the murders? Or a letter from a neighbor? , hence SG had to sign a waiver before LE could read KGs mail?

snip
Indeed. Suggests near-decapitation.
(Perhaps why I cling to the "not blood" option.)
I thought the coroner confirmed it was blood or was it just the reporter from the Daily Mail? We discussed as nauseaum about how it was over the pipe and not leaking below it. And consistent with at least one victim being out of the bed and bleeding out against the wall. It’s all so senseless. JMO

When my kids were that age, living with large groups of kids in those sprawling apartments, they didn’t really keep up with each other’s comings and goings. Kids that age seldom worry about things that a parent would instantly notice, or worry about. When I was younger, I didn’t worry about those thing.

As for the smell of blood, I might recognize there was something that smelled off, but I doubt I would recognize the smell of blood.
Regarding the odor...many people who had Covid experienced a permanent loss of, or diminution of, their sense of smell.

Perhaps this happened to the two girls downstairs?

Just of note~(I don’t read everything here and don’t check these threads daily, so perhaps it’s been mentioned already).

Folks keep mentioning that cameras would pick up license plates so how would the Elantra not be able to be quickly traceable.

With the mention of Canada several times , I think it’s important to know that Canada has very strict privacy laws. Many people rent cars with Canadian plates, knowing they won’t likely have to pay tolls (WA state has toll roads). Not saying this car was rented…I’m just stating that I know this law because of renting cars while in WA and chatting with a rental car employee. Years ago, I looked up the info she told me, and it was true. At least back then it was.

I think there’s a process to where if someone is charged criminally with something, Canada will comply with record release. So perhaps the vehicle had Canadian plates, and there would be a probable delay at getting owner info.

I feel for everyone working on this case, it is clearly daunting.

But I mainly feel such deep horrific sadness for these young peoples loved ones. I simply can’t begin to imagine the pain they are holding.

Ah, but if they cross the border, that's different, and it applies to Canadian citizens returning, plus there's the whole coming into the US thing. also, laws are different if it's criminal investigation (don't know if this link is allowed, but a quick google will get you the info: Canada-U.S. Agree to Agree on Data Share Deal: Prosecution of Cross-border Criminal Cases to Become Easier - McMillan LLP)

Makes me wonder if there's a stolen ID of some sort (I do know of someone who hid in Canada under an assumed name protected by a citizen).

Here's some info, but makes me wonder how safe anyone would feel trying to sneak in. maybe that's why LE released info about the bolo - to cut off that option to the killer and let them know walls are closing. LE might not know who they are or where they are, but that doesn't mean LE can't close off exits based on what they do know. jmo. not fantasy, just research related to Canadian border laws brought up by le themselves.

Last edited:
Please can you explain your post to me as I don't understand how the two points you've mentioned are linked?
If the statement from Police are read to indicate that car was around the house in the preceding days, then, it’s very possible the house was being watched.

The Corner Bar, or whatever it’s called is thought to have good Cameras, and it’s likely the people in that bar have been identified. Since we’ve not heard more or any recent requests of people attending that Bar, it’s reasonable to think the patrons didn’t witness anything out of the ordinary.

If someone was watching their house in the nights preceding Nov 13th, then it stands to reason the violence didn’t emanate from an encounter at that Bar. Someone was already looking for an opening to attack.

The levels of audacity, calculation, depravity, psychopathology, and utter strength it takes to systematically reap four people in their beds on a Saturday night at 3AM with nary a peep and without enough evidence to be caught virtually immediately afterwards, are a bit greater in both scope and magnitude than some impulsive revenge kill, aggrieved incel, 90lb Instagram 'hunter' posing with Daddy's kills, or ex-lover's quibble. Every reputable profiler I have seen regarding this case agrees the MO fits a likely serial killer.

My opinion.
This right here. Agree 100%.

I know they have said the weapon used was a fixed blade type, but I haven't seen them say only one was used. I could certainly be wrong on that.
“Latah County Coroner Cathy Mabbutt said the manner of death was a stabbing for all four individuals. ... and Kaylee Goncalves, 21, who police say were attacked with an "edged weapon," likely a knife. Mabbutt said the same knife was likely used to kill all four victims.”

I read the Coroner determined the wounds were created by the same weapon.

Ah okay that helps thank you. One perpetrator then.

I feel it's a stretch then to think that one dude could do that much damage so quickly, quietly, and efficiently (and up close and personal) without a lot of obsessing, plotting, and calculation. Either he has done this before or this is the first of more to come if he isn't soon apprehended.

My opinion.

If the statement from Police are read to indicate that car was around the house in the preceding days, then, it’s very possible the house was being watched.

The Corner Bar, or whatever it’s called is thought to have good Cameras, and it’s likely the people in that bar have been identified. Since we’ve not heard more or any recent requests of people attending that Bar, it’s reasonable to think the patrons didn’t witness anything out of the ordinary.

If someone was watching their house in the nights preceding Nov 13th, then it stands to reason the violence didn’t emanate from an encounter at that Bar. Someone was already looking for an opening to attack.
Thank you so much for explaining that to me

Yesss!!! I have come to this very same conclusion as well about this: "The levels of audacity, calculation, depravity, psychopathology, and utter strength it takes to systematically reap four people in their beds on a Saturday night at 3AM with nary a peep and without enough evidence to be caught virtually immediately afterwards"

However, my conclusion is not that this is a serial killer, but that this was the work of more than 1 assailant (i.e., a targeted hit) OR the victims were somehow capacitated before hand, i.e., drugged, roofied, gassed.
Or tasered?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member