ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a weird situation for them to be so specific about the make model year and color but needing to enlist the publics help. I can however see a car being registered in a place like Massachusetts that belongs to a student on campus. That would make a records search difficult to pinpoint. Perhaps that's why they are asking for public assistance in locating it.
Narrowing the list. JMO

It's not that the case has gone cold, but public interest is flagging.
No. I disagree. I think people are universally upset by this crime and it’s very shocking and brutal
I think this is very well articulated.

Regarding the parts I highlighted.....

One way that an individual can have the negative personality traits you described (not interactive with others, disdain etc., yet not have trouble with employment that leads to job changes, moving / new starts is to work for family.

Family will tolerate a variety of unpleasant personalities when other employers wont. Likewise, people with those unpleasant personalities can mute them to some degree by learning to get along with family.

In short.... I would just add "or works with family" as a suffix to the job changing and moving around.
maybe changed shifts recently.

So Maddie and Xana were lesee's along with the other two on the ground floor? Imo

"At approximately 1:45 a.m., Ethan and Xana are believed to have returned to the residence at 1122 King Road."

If Xana and Ethan were the target, would they not have been murdered earlier prior Maddie and Kaylee's return home?

Im pondering Maddie the primary target?

Not if the killer wasn't able to get to the house for whatever reason. There's also a very small window between their return and M and K returning. It very well could be a matter of opportunity not allowing that. I am also not convinced K and M are the targets. It stands out to me that, though they were upstairs, their room is a more natural path from the sliding door and the stairs than X's room. You have to go across the house to get to her room and it seems tucked away in the corner. MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
In the white Hyundai Police release / announcement, they request info from anyone seeing it in the early morning hours of November 13th AND the days preceding the murders.

Notably, they don’t mention after the Murders.

-
Yes, if many people noticed the car nearby in the days before the murder, it's possible the suspect was scoping out the house and neighborhood before the attacks.

In the white Hyundai Police release / announcement, they request info from anyone seeing it in the early morning hours of November 13th AND the days preceding the murders.

Notably, they don’t mention after the Murders.

-
Good catch

I suspect the Elantra data can be reduced significantly.

If they (only) search for 2011-13 White Hyundai Elantra’s registered in 5 contiguous states, let’s say, that eliminates roughly 90% of the White Elantras in the US.

Well, be sure to add in California in that case - as it isn't that far and has more cars total than the 5 contiguous states combined.

And Nevada is very close, as well. I'd go more by "bigger net for Elantras" than "states that have the fewest cars per square mile."

I’m an oldie that remembers Son of Sam. In some ways we were the same as young kids now. We wanted to go out and have a great time and keep on living our lives, even though we knew he was out there, literally close by, killing people just like us.

Now the madmen can watch what we do and where we are all the time, cause we put it out there for them to see. People post their wonderful vacations online while they are happening, letting the world know their homes are unoccupied. People tag bars in their posts, go live from easily recognizable locations. It’s a heck of a lot easier for bad people to find us.
So true Son of Sam was awful. I grew up in NY metro during that time and that was so scary.
I also lived in Colorado when women started disappearing from the ski resorts but we didn't know of course it was Ted Bundy yet.

. My sister was in college when Richard Speck struck. I was a few years younger. The one nurse who survived hid under the bed.

Our dad had a really frank conversation with us about " survival" tactics. I mean gruesome, detailed what to do scenarios. Some kids got new luggage for college ,I got deadbolt locks... per my father....for my college bedrooms! And constant reminders...Are I'm u locking your door at night? Lol.

So Maddie and Xana were lesee's along with the other two on the ground floor? Imo

"At approximately 1:45 a.m., Ethan and Xana are believed to have returned to the residence at 1122 King Road."

If Xana and Ethan were the target, would they not have been murdered earlier prior Maddie and Kaylee's return home?

Im pondering Maddie the primary target?

I personally think they wanted to kill at many people in the house as possible. I think that group of kids represents something that the killer resents. By outward appearance, they were popular, attractive and had everything going for them. The killer had contact with at least one of them. But it might have been as minor as being in a class together.
So the killer watched the house, knew how many people lived there and decided to take revenge.

Last edited by a moderator:
Elliot Rodger (incel killer) killed 6 people in one spree.

BTK killed two adults and two kids on his first go. Danny Rolling killed 5 students in his first go (and more over the next few days). I'm trying to stick to solo killers. We have no evidence or LE announcement that this is clearly a solo killer. Do we?

We all likely remember the various mass killings at clubs, bars, workplaces, etc.

I don't know where you're finding your "reputable profilers," and I certainly do not rule out (and seriously fear) a serial killer. But there are other possibilities and all must be explored. A reputable profiler, IMO, doesn't narrow down too quickly.

What do you mean by scope? This was not over a larger area, as some killings are (sometimes up to three separate locales in revenge kills or incel killings, etc). So I don't know what you mean by scope. These are all young people who are college students (a narrow group, not a wide group).

And by magnitude, you are probably referencing the number killed at one time. Yes, it's a big number, but 3 other students were killed the same night in Virginia. Balaclan, Borderline, Columbine, Ulvade, are all greater in magnitude, IMO. Sandy Hook. A person killing lots of other people.
Herbert Mullin killed 13 people over four months in 1973 in the Santa Cruz area when it was nicknamed Murder Capital of the World. In one incident he shot a woman and her two children and in another one he shot dead four teenagers camping in a state park.

I see that a new book has come out this year on those times, I need to check it out.

Murder Capital of the World: The Santa Cruz Community Looks Back at the Frazier, Mullin, and Kemper Murder Sprees of the Early 1970s

I suspect the Elantra data can be reduced significantly.

If they (only) search for 2011-13 White Hyundai Elantra’s registered in 5 contiguous states, let’s say, that eliminates roughly 90% of the White Elantras in the US.
But what if the killer is not in one of those states? You can’t ignore all the other states, just in case.

No. I disagree. I think people are universally upset by this crime and it’s very shocking and brutal.
snip
It is that, indeed.
Media, however, is running low on oil -- they've milked the human interest component; the revelations are at a standstill -- and that's the barometer of public interest. We care; but life grimly moves on, inevitabily.

I don't know why, but this case makes me think of Canadian prospectors - they probably exist on the US side of the border in the same amount, but I know of Canadians. To apply for mining on a parcel of land costs little, and I suspect everyone hopes to find oil or gold, but any colored stones in bulk bring money. So, a geologist, a gemologist, or even a self-taught gem cutter. Not rich by any means, barely making ends meet, because most never find anything.
Spending a lot of time outside, alone on his land; if he drives somewhere, these would be clubs to meet with the same adventurers, or maybe some exhibitions. Spending a lot of time outside, even in winter, is no problem, this person is unafraid of heights (a genetic trait, btw), is lean, wiry and strong. Tools used might be very different. About third shift or rather, working alone - agree, and I wonder if the person has true sensory processing disorder. Probably likes to drink. An external survivor.

This being said, I can imagine a computer engineer who likes to work at home and is an amateur chef. Some cooking equipments are really expensive (and no, they are not necessarily knives, but sharp) and hard to find. Have to be ordered specially, sometimes from abroad. He also likes to hike.
I see a male employed in a male dominated “ creative “ profession that requires working with the hands such as cooking or painting or design/sculptor-very strong hands and upper body strength

Could you clarify for me, I saw an interview early on showing investigators on a slope near MM's room and a jacket on the ground. Tonight someone posted a picture by the fire hydrant. Which one are we talking about?

Posted and deleted earlier by mod because I did not drop ref link
Link yahoo.com/video/police-investigate-scene-quadruple-homicide-004410046.html

idaho-jacket.jpg

Mass Stabbing Study: Summary
“America experiences an average of 2.5 mass stabbings per year. 90% of offenders are male, and 83% are adults. Neither substance abuse history nor criminal history was widely reported as being present. Few were recorded as having known affiliations with terrorist organizations; there were more lone actors than terror group affiliates, but relatively few of either."

APA PsycNet

Attachments

• MassStabbings_onlinepublication.pdf
    360 KB · Views: 8
How does this killer know he's not going to be drenched in blood when he leaves to go back to his car? What if he get's injured? Then you have cops patrolling around on a saturday night looking for riff raff (We've already seen the body cam footage near the frat house).
He lives nearby and can walk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member