ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A screenshot below from a news webpage shows police/FBI in front of the house when it's dark. They have a flashlight, and it still isn't illuminating the area well.

It gives you are great idea of just how dark it would have been around the house at the time if the murders. It would have been pitch black.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221211-050545~2.png
    Screenshot_20221211-050545~2.png
    308.6 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Unnecessarily adds a variable -- now killer must purchase or construct and bring and affix own silencer to weapon, and also carry away same. Occam of Razor fame frowns.
Using a knife sends a message too. Cartels often do this (sometimes even pinning a note with the knife and leaving it at the scene). There is something more sinister about a blade, perhaps.

This makes me think of what I believe the Captain stated- my version- what you should see in a picture but is not there. Maybe this vehicle was common to the area and is now gone?
That's funny because I thought of the same thing too after they first announced what they were looking for.

At this point I am beginning to change my mindset. After a month if all they can share is that they think the driver of this car might have important information. I have begun to accept that in the short term the killer has gotten away with it. If they catch him it's going to come from a tip from somebody and that may not come for year's if at all. I really hate saying that but it's how things look to me.

Thanks to this guy it's no longer enough to lock the doors and windows on your house to feel safe. Now we need to lock our bedroom doors before we sleep too. We need to light up our property at night and install cameras to film everything. Keep a loaded gun within reach, just in case.

To move like a ghost in today's day and age of big brother technology. It makes us all feel vulnerable.

Something else I been considering is all the random acts of violence I see in the news. Where people get suckered punch by strangers for no reason or pushed into traffic just cause. No rhyme or reason. No motive. Pure hate for our fellow human beings. What if this is an escalation of that and we are entering into a new phase of violence in this country.

I believe the experts have gotten it correct in determining the 4 murders are the work of 1 hand imo.
Snipped by me @Victoria Chambers I've looked and looked and can't find a source for LE saying this is the work of "1 hand". When you say experts, are you referring to reporters? I'd hate for a rumor to continue. Thanks!

Using a knife sends a message too. Cartels often do this (sometimes even pinning a note with the knife and leaving it at the scene). There is something more sinister about a blade, perhaps.
You mention cartels -- do you think there was a drug component involved in these homicides?

Does a narcissistic injury wane over time or become more humiliating and generate more rage? Surely the perp watched the house before this night. (MOO) From what vantage point would he have seen the bedroom light go out? And if he’s watching the house he knows E is there, making it all the more risky. Why not wait for a different night? I would bet the perp wanted to feel powerful and avenging, but ultimately is insecure and weak, attacking victims while they slept. Strikes me as deeply wounded masculinity. MOO

And police have never reported incorrect information?? JMHO
College students are pretty familiar with seeing other students passed out, especially if they’re Greeks, I’m assuming. So what would cause this to rise to a 911 call?
Just a thought
Well for sure if someone’s alarm was going off, folks weren’t answering their phone, responding to knocks on the door…just a few reasons.

That's funny because I thought of the same thing too after they first announced what they were looking for.

At this point I am beginning to change my mindset. After a month if all they can share is that they think the driver of this car might have important information. I have begun to accept that in the short term the killer has gotten away with it. If they catch him it's going to come from a tip from somebody and that may not come for year's if at all. I really hate saying that but it's how things look to me.

Thanks to this guy it's no longer enough to lock the doors and windows on your house to feel safe. Now we need to lock our bedroom doors before we sleep too. We need to light up our property at night and install cameras to film everything. Keep a loaded gun within reach, just in case.

To move like a ghost in today's day and age of big brother technology. It makes us all feel vulnerable.

Something else I been considering is all the random acts of violence I see in the news. Where people get suckered punch by strangers for no reason or pushed into traffic just cause. No rhyme or reason. No motive. Pure hate for our fellow human beings. What if this is an escalation of that and we are entering into a new phase of violence in this country.

Home security 101. Those are stuff you should have been doing well before. Manson murders happened in 1969 and that should have been enough to get people to lock all doors, windows, keep exterior lights on and a trusty hand cannon nearby.

A screenshot below from a news webpage shows police/FBI in front of the house when it's dark. They have a flashlight, and it still isn't illuminating the area well.

It gives you are great idea of just how dark it would have been around the house at the time if the murders. It would have been pitch black.

Unless the lights were on...

Screen Shot 2022-12-11 at 8.53.40 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-12-11 at 8.55.26 AM.png

Yes, you have to get very, very close to the victim. About a foot away. That is the sinister part. The ability, courage and sheer gall to be able to do it to 4 people in one go, in their own house.

My understanding is that the sliding glass door was on the 2nd floor.

This person said ground floor and then first floor. In the UK and Europe the floor that had the kitchen and sliding glass would be referred to as the first floor, USA call it the second floor. That's probably were the confusion is. The floor the surviving roomates were on is the ground floor, but to you it's the first floor.

And police have never reported incorrect information?? JMHO
College students are pretty familiar with seeing other students passed out, especially if they’re Greeks, I’m assuming. So what would cause this to rise to a 911 call?
Just a thought
Oh, I don't think the campus greeks are any more likely to see passed out people than are independents. Unless things have really changed. Anyway, search the poster "Layer", yesterday they did a post on some options for the calling of 911 in this case.

I agree with your thoughts. We have cameras, lights guns. But, it’s like deciding to go on a roller coaster, you make that decision and just hope it’s not going to be you when the thing collapses . You do your part and hope for the best. As far as the outrageous crime we now see, I guess some of these people getting beaten with baseball bats might be ‘random’ but they are at least targeted in the moments before it happens. So targeted has a wide raging definition to me. I hope it’s not that way in this case.

Seems obvious to me that 4 kill shots with a silenced firearm while the victims are sleeping in their respective beds would make less noise than stabbing each of them multiple times. But it would certainly make a little sound (and flash).

My opinion.
In the Rhoden murders there was multiple silenced shots and the other victims didn't wake up, I know I've read people in this thread stating that a silencer doesn't dull the sound that much and its still loud, but like I said rhoden murders people stayed asleep.

Home security 101. Those are stuff you should have been doing well before. Manson murders happened in 1969 and that should have been enough to get people to lock all doors, windows, keep exterior lights on and a trusty hand cannon nearby.
But in a small college town in Idaho you wouldn't have that same fear.
It's safer, and most of your neighbors are fellow students and fraternity/sorority people.

Does a narcissistic injury wane over time or become more humiliating and generate more rage? Surely the perp watched the house before this night. (MOO) From what vantage point would he have seen the bedroom light go out? And if he’s watching the house he knows E is there, making it all the more risky. Why not wait for a different night? I would bet the perp wanted to feel powerful and avenging, but ultimately is insecure and weak, attacking victims while they slept. Strikes me as deeply wounded masculinity. MOO

Sure it festers sometimes but it is usually impulsive. But I feel like this was more compulsive, calculated, and more of an internalized rage than a personal one. The victims probably (abstractly) represented something to him. The killings satiating an inner 'need' or voice, if you will.

My opinion.

All that blood....
And if you’ve never been in a situation where there’s a lot of blood why would you recognize the smell? Even if it’s possible to recognize it I don’t think I’d get up to start my day & notice the smell of blood. I would notice an odd smell but definitely not assume it to be blood. Imho

“Latah County Coroner Cathy Mabbutt said the manner of death was a stabbing for all four individuals. ... and Kaylee Goncalves, 21, who police say were attacked with an "edged weapon," likely a knife. Mabbutt said the same knife was likely used to kill all four victims.”
Why specifically did they say ka-bar I wonder? Could this not have been a kitchen knife. Wouldn’t that be considered a fixed blade? Supposedly perp came in through the sliding glass door in the kitchen. Seems like a reasonable assumption so I’m wondering where the brand ka-bar came from or why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
disturbedprincess6