ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesss!!! I have come to this very same conclusion as well about this: "The levels of audacity, calculation, depravity, psychopathology, and utter strength it takes to systematically reap four people in their beds on a Saturday night at 3AM with nary a peep and without enough evidence to be caught virtually immediately afterwards"

However, my conclusion is not that this is a serial killer, but that this was the work of more than 1 assailant (i.e., a targeted hit) OR the victims were somehow capacitated before hand, i.e., drugged, roofied, gassed.
How exactly would the victims have been gassed?

I think that would either mean they’ve come forward and police just aren’t letting us know they’ve now found amd talked with the Hyundai people, or they came forth before the Hyundai announcement and just haven’t told police basically “oh that was us in that car, we already talked to you.” Of the two, the first seems more likely I suppose.

EDIT: I think you mean they self identified and the police aren’t sure if it’s them or not, I would agree that seems possible, particularly with the limited communication.

I’m curious exactly how they identified the year make and model of the car. If they don’t have a photo, (and in reading prior posts it sounds like they don’t), one might assume they’re basing the description on an eyewitness report. If so, it’s hard to imagine an eyewitness nailing a ten year old white Hyundai in the darkest hours of the night precisely unless they already knew the car. So it seems to me quite possible that it’s a different make, model, and even color of vehicle entirely. All just my own speculation and observation, but I’m thinking the same thing I am about the knife, that they’re being way more specific than their actual information.
Correct, I meant they have thousands of calls coming into some central FBI line that have to be vetted and followed up on. So it's possible that the occupant(s) of the Elantra called in, but have not yet been verified. Sad to say the FBI couldn't simply take a random caller's word for it - have to rule out pranksters and such.

As for LE narrowing down the car model and year... only thing I can think of is the car was caught on video driving in the area. I'm not sure why they wouldn't state that publicly - maybe there's some characteristic that uniquely identifies the car that they can use to make a positive match? Whatever it is they must have some reason for wanting to keep it private.

Last edited:
I've seen comments on this thread this evening about this but I didn't realize the police think the killer could strike again!

So, does this mean they think he's still in town? Or (probably) just covering all bases.

This also tells me that maybe they are looking at, with equal balance, this guy possibly being a serial and/or thrill killer and that one specific person was not targeted, which I would think any good LE would do (exploring all possibilites). But, what speaks the loudest, IMO, all this put together makes me really think they still don't have a clue on who it is. 8-(

Well, LE has said from the beginning that the suspect is "still out there," but haven't said there is any indication that he will strike again soon. I don't think they can predict something like.

And yes, I do think LE are exploring all possibilities. They usually start with the people closest to the victims and work their way out. I can see why that would take a long time. It may be that they are getting closer to finding a suspect, though.

Law enforcement in Idaho did not say the killer may strike again.

That’s the Daily Mail and the New York Post posting a salacious headline to get clicks. They’ve taken LE’s words about staying vigilant and twisted them. JMO

Here’s what LE said in Saturday December 10 press release:

MOSCOW, Idaho – With commencement this weekend, there will be an influx of people coming in from out of town. Moscow Police Department and Idaho State Police will provide coverage on campus and in the Moscow area. As always, we want to remind the public to stay vigilant, travel in groups, and communicate with family and friends as you travel.

Interesting. I was thinking Cocaine and an effeminate killer.
I too wonder about drugs, can't say which kind but I've seen cop clips of someone of attacking said to be on whatever drug that are invincible in a way. That said I'm not sure I could ever understand what kind of crazy would give someone that kind of urge.

Random thought here, is it possible the plain clothes officers that visited the house a few nights ago, could have been putting the lights on and off to test the theory from the body cam footage, showing a light going off? It would be interesting to know if there was other officers on the playing field watching from the same view as the footage

There are only about 160,000 of these white Elantras that were sold and that was 8-10 years ago. There won't be tens of thousands of them congregated in any specific place. And the seniors owning them can be eliminated pretty quickly, especially if they aren't living close by. JMO
Only 160,000? I'll ask again - what would LE do with the list once it's narrowed down? How do they go about contacting all the owners and verifying that those particular cars were not driving around the streets of Moscow, Idaho on the night of the murders?

. And for us oldies, who remember safer times

I sure loved your post! I just wanted to say that I don't believe any particular era was safer compared to today. Horrible things have always happened, campus crime has always been a problem, it's just that today there's more awareness and more people coming forward, especially about things like sa on campus.

Oftentimes people in the past used to keep quiet if they were victims, especially sexual assault survivors. Many people grew up fearing stranger danger without ever being taught that victims often know their perpetrators. There's also a lot less victim blaming today compared to the past, which I think is because of more awareness and understanding of the processes that survivors endure.

I too wonder about drugs, can't say which kind but I've seen cop clips of someone of attacking said to be on whatever drug that are invincible in a way. That said I'm not sure I could ever understand what kind of crazy would give someone that kind of urge.
'Bad chemicals and bad ideas were the Yin and Yang of madness.'
Kurt Vonnegut

Ok but this is the Post quoting DM. Where does LE say that they think the killer could strike again? IMO LE knows the town is on edge & rightly so. They’re trying to calm fears by telling people to be smart, stay alert, buddy up. Isn’t that just basic safety advice? I’d think (I’d hope!) if LE thought the killer could strike again they’d have more specific, more detailed advice.
The HY
MOO
The NYPost and Daily Mail are not reliable sources, IMO.

We do not.
if you listen to the link. you'll hear him say that. others have said it, too, I believe, but this is the link I have, and I heard it right here on WS. so I thought it was an acceptable source. I'm not elaborating, just saying that it was considered a legit link and worth considering.

if you listen to the link. you'll hear him say that. others have said it, too, I believe, but this is the link I have, and I heard it right here on WS. so I thought it was an acceptable source. I'm not elaborating, just saying that it was considered a legit link and worth considering.
DM and NY Post are acceptable sources here on WS! I do think NY Post is more accurate than DM though ;)

Interesting. I was thinking Cocaine and an effeminate killer.
Speaking entirely theoretically, let's say about a case where we knew little of the context (though we lack much here as well, really), given similar results, I might say meth, and an enforcer for a dealer, or the dealer, or both, perhaps. Though the coke would make more sense as a product (the meth as a rage-inducing motive force).

JMHOO The weapon, admittedly, the fixed blade edge knife has garnered my attention.

Is it typically a fixed edge weapon that one would carry into the woods when hunting deer?

Is a fixed blade knife typically one would carry for protection? Or one used in MIL combat?

A fixed blade knife means the handle is forged into the blade, right? Rambo style? How long is it?

This is the Karambit knife. This double edge blade allows for shallow stabs and wider puncturing stabs.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=kerambits&crid=3MVB5Y5JYJBLW&sprefix=karambit%2Caps%2C486&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

View attachment 386589

KA BAR KNIFE sample

View attachment 386591

KA-BAR Knives Becker Eskabar 7in BK14 Blade Length: 3.13 in, Blade Material: 1095 Cro-Van, 18% Off w/ Free S&H

KA BAR serrated KNIFE sample
This piece of scariness is nearly 12" long.
View attachment 386594
https://www.opticsplanet.com/ka-bar-d2-extreme-tactical-utility-knife.html
I think it’s worse than that.

It’s huge like the biggest one, but the entire top edge is aggressively serrated.

Most knives are singled edged. Not this one. We can’t be sure, but that’s the Rambo Survival knife that was iconic and Kabar made it.

It’s over the top. Not made for camping.

It’s made for penetration and damage, IMO.

DM and NY Post are acceptable sources here on WS! I do think NY Post is more accurate than DM though ;)
the one I was quoting was Fox News and I found it in an earlier thread. I don't watch fox so it was news to me. I believe another former profiler said it, too, but I don't have that link so can't say for sure.

This is from November 19, 6 days after bodies discovered.
It shows investigators measuring for “ skid marks “ as the reporter says. Wondering now if it has to do with the white Elantra.

Also, reporter says LE says there was a struggle before the killings.
Don’t remember hearing that before.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only 160,000? I'll ask again - what would LE do with the list once it's narrowed down? How do they go about contacting all the owners and verifying that those particular cars were not driving around the streets of Moscow, Idaho on the night of the murders?
They would enter data to see if any owners had criminal convictions or if any household members had convictions.

They would look to see if there were any police calls in the neighborhood of the owner’s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yappychappy