ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I don't think they will.
I think this was a one-time thing, for those people only.
It may have been someone hired to do the job.
I don't think it was a random psycho at all.
Why do you think it was a paid hit?

Is it possible they had major exams the next day and that’s why the supposed party house was quiet that night?

Or, at least - on that following Monday.

Yep - I went and checked. Finals started on Monday the 12th and went for 5 days.

That would explain why so many students are at home - they were done. Many profs switched to online exams in these circumstances (it's been in the local news).

Has there been crimes where a loved one was killed in revenge rather the actual person? For example, if someone owed money on drugs and instead of hurting that person they hurt a relative?

I think the answer is yes (especially if we're speaking of organized crime). My view is that one of the four was the intended victim, perhaps arising out of a situation where some of the housemates gave support to their roomie, when she encountered difficulties with someone else (an ex, an ex-roommate, an ex-friend, an unwanted admirer, etc).

They just didn't know that this person or persons could be so vengeful/filled with hate

Is it possible the killer was already in the house or followed them in and forced the girls to try call Jack to get him to come over, putting him also in danger?
I think it's very possible that the killer entered while the house was empty and laid in wait. There were 2 empty bedrooms, closets, a furnace room, and even an attic to hide in. I don't think there was any forcing them to make phone calls, since the coroner said they were "likely asleep when attacked."

JMHO

From the sheer professionalism of it all.
In & out, got the job done quickly and swiftly, with no noise, no evidence no trace.

A random psycho wouldn't manage that.
Danny Rolling was as close to a random psycho as you can get. Very similar crimes, and he used a KA-BAR. I have often wondered if he served as some kind of warped inspiration for our guy here.

I think it's very possible that the killer entered while the house was empty and laid in wait. There were 2 empty bedrooms, closets, a furnace room, and even an attic to hide in. I don't think there was any forcing them to make phone calls, since the coroner said they were "likely asleep when attacked."

JMHO
IMO…. No way the killer was hiding in the house prior to the murders. The only rooms (other than bedrooms and bathrooms) that had doors were tiny closets and a crowded furnace room.
The attic? How would you get out of there without a prepositioned ladder and not make a ton of noise?..

JMHO
When do you think he would have entered....before the arrival of the two 1st floor residents or after?

IMO…. No way the killer was hiding in the house prior to the murders. The only rooms (other than bedrooms and bathrooms) that had doors were tiny closets and a crowded furnace room.
The attic? How would you get out of there without a prepositioned ladder and not make a ton of noise?..
So why do you discount closets and empty bedrooms as hiding places? I would like to see the inside of the furnace room, and attic as well. I'm not saying I think it was likely, but I also wouldn't say "no way." :)

I thought this was a fairly well written recap.
As long as típs are coming in & the investigation is ongoing, the case is not cold. MOO
(& staying w the bf doesn’t seem to help.
Just saying.) =\

When do you think he would have entered....before the arrival of the two 1st floor residents or after?
If I had to guess, it would be before the surviving roommates came home. That house had to sit empty for hours. That could have given him time to get aquainted with Murphy, and learn the lay of the land. That house is a bit like a labyrinth.

Just to be clear, I personally think it's most likely the perp was in that dark backyard, watching and waiting until he saw the lights go out in the bedrooms.

I have thought this a million times! I thibk M and K went out alone because they were the only two over 21. I have wondered though, if this was such a party house, IMO, why were they not having a party this weekend? Kaylee is moving away, just in for the weekend, holiday break coming up...seems like the ideal time for a party. Why did everyone split up and do separate, seemingly mundaneish things?
Idk why they split up at night other than the fact that the 2 surviving roomies were underage & couldn’t go to the bar unless they had fake Id. They were hanging out that last afternoon, going by Kaylee’s IG posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow