ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a strong feeling that there are also possible POI's from phone and social media analysis, possibly tied to just one victim (and I'm not sure it's KG, btw).
I'm sure they have piles of leads from SM. I tend to discount things like that, and technical ideas like the perp wearing night-vision goggles and a sharkproof wet suit etc.

This guy and this crime just strikes me as basic, old school, almost primal.

Literally no new news.
Article sounds like they got flooded with tips after asking the public about the Elantra though. That is good news. Hope the kids are talking freely to LE about things they know or noticed and are not too scared to do so.

I think it's more interesting it's said that KG wasn't supposed to be there that weekend, just supposedly came to show off her new car and Ethan wasn't a residence there but decided to sleep there that night. That tells me it was someone they came into contact with that night or someone who lives very close by, within sight of the murder house. AJMO
Four or maybe 5 cars were parked in the 1122 King Road designated parking which is in front of house at front door. Killer chose not to go on front door. I would think killer knew or should have known at least all of the roommmates were home. So the fact that K and E may not have planned on staying at the house night/morning of killing did not seem to play a factor as to whether or not killer would kill. I think there were sets of different parties going on by different roommates since Fri 11/11/22. There seemed to be some party trash cleanup with some of the parties, but the last party had lots of trash. Like the Taco bell brown bag (X name) and used popcorn microwave bag not being at least thrown in trash denotes to me that the last party abruptly ended...maybe due to an altercation amongst party guests? Neighbors stated house was unually quiet after like 2AM. Also, who called the police around what 2:45am that prompted bodycam police to confront group of teens near house? If killer was at house to kill 3AM to 4AM, he/she/they would have seen some sort of police patroling area I would think.

I'm sure they have piles of leads from SM. I tend to discount things like that, and technical ideas like the perp wearing night-vision goggles and a sharkproof wet suit etc.

This guy and this crime just strikes me as basic, old school, almost primal.

I've been messing around in the SM part. Even a cursory look provides a few names that LE would have to clear.

I don't think there was a wetsuit involved, either - but I have been wondering about night vision. Either the perp flipped on the lights (and was acclimated to light out in the hall before entering the bedrooms) or s/he has keen vision in a dim room. Given the nature of the assaults, I'd say s/he needed to see what they were doing.

I do think it's primal, and I think LE may be working the leads that they've received. Someone out there knows something. Problem is likely that too many people think they are the ones with the right answer, but it's possible that among all the tips LE is being given, there will be the ones that actually pan out.

It’s truly a proverbial “needle in the haystack.” Mountains of evidence don’t always equate to or prove to be beneficial. Many times they prove to be frustrating lessons in futility. It’s not that the killer didn’t mess up and leave evidence. It’s weather or not they were able to collect and recognize it prior to contamination. Instead of searching for the killer, they should be actively focusing on the tried and true art of deduction.

Go through the neighboring apartments AGAIN, specifically those (all and any) with a direct line of sight on that home. COLD Knock on doors at 03:00, speak with the occupants who answer. Ask all the same list of questions. Wear body cams to record every interaction and review it all (more closely) later with the feds. Are the occupants of the apartments awake at that hour? Asleep? Has anyone visited any tenant in said apartments or frat houses (as a guest - possibly from out of state) during the time frame in question? Perhaps a family member, boyfriend, or friend. Is there an insomniac among them? Anyone with prior military experience (or current) Specific to the USMC or USN? DD or HD. ETC.
Cold knock at 3 a.m.?

You'll scare the living daylights out of these people. They have all been traumatized by the murders.

Some might respond in defensive ways at 3 a.m. by swinging a baseball bat at the knocker, or worse.

Personally, I don’t believe that a case is cold whilst data (DNA, blood splatter, fingerprints and/or footprints) is still being analysed & tips are still being assessed. LE are doing their job & I believe they’ll solve this, it just takes time. MOO

That would be a twist, wouldn't it? If they're working backwards from fibers found at the crime scene that are consistent with car upholstery or carpet from a Hyundai. Said carpet fibers should in theory be on the perp's shoes, if he was in that car.

That would explain why no plates seen. They find the fibers, then they see some neighborhood cams that show the same car cruising by at around 3-4 am. I can see why they'd call that critical.

I have a strong feeling that there are also possible POI's from phone and social media analysis, possibly tied to just one victim (and I'm not sure it's KG, btw).
Good post. Do you think it's possible to be that exact with carpet fibers? I've no idea

Hi everyone. I have been trying to keep up between shifts. Is it possible the killer was already in the house or followed them in and forced the girls to try call Jack to get him to come over, putting him also in danger?

Good post. Do you think it's possible to be that exact with carpet fibers? I've no idea

Well, apparently - yes. The FBI has databases of car carpet fibers (not sure about upholstery, but will check).

I suppose that if they knew a Hyundai Elantra was in the area, it would be easy enough to get samples of the carpet that would have gone with the white model (likely only one or two choices). If that fiber then matches something found in one of the murder rooms or the stairs, then yep, it's critical to find that Elantra.

Anyway, right now, that's all that's making sense to me. LE must be feeling a great deal of satisfaction if they've gotten that far in this case. I think it's going along well.

Ok something has been bugging me and I feel like it’s been kinda overlooked. What do these 4 people have in common other than living in that house and being roommates? They both shared a long loving relationship with the other person killed with them. X and C were in a relationship as boyfriend/girlfriend and it seemed from all accounts to be a loving relationship. M and K also were like sisters it’s been said. Friend since the 6th grade. They also had that bond of a loving friendship. The other 2 roommates were spared for whatever reason. Motive for the killings could have been a jealousy rage of these relationships they had and this killer feeling rage at not having this.

It’s very strange to me that this house was considers a party house and yet on this 1 weekend night all the roommates got home around the same time and all just went into there separate room and went to sleep. It just seems odd to me.

Also wasn’t K close to the other 2 roommates also? I’ve seen them in party pictures together. Why on the night she comes back into town she only hangs out with M?

I’m not saying other roommates were to blame but I would be curious to find out about the recent dynamics in those friendships. It seems like something was off that specific night about all of their interactions with each other compared to pictures and videos I’ve seen previously.
OK... what are you implying then? For arguments sake let's say the *dynamics* pointed toward some *discord* between the survivors and the victims...and that's a HUGE STRETCH. So please elaborate where you're going with this. Thanks

Last edited:
Of course, the military are taught to kill. That's their job. If a soldier has killed, how difficult is it to return to civilian life where it's now wrong to kill? Many returning soldiers have difficulty adapting. Then, there's PTS for somewhere between 100,000 - 200,000 who will deal with this their entire lives. Not all are able to compartmentalize and return to a normal pre-military experience.
From linked article; “Several studies and data from the U.S. Bureau of Justice Statistics show no evidence that military veterans — including those who witnessed or waged combat in Iraq and Afghanistan — are more prone to lethal violence than the general population.” Focus: Are military veterans more likely for shooting sprees?

Here is a study on PTSD & violence. Also of note, less than 10% of the US population is a military veteran. That includes veterans of previous wars, veterans who served a short time & those who never saw combat, plus those who never trained for a “combat arms” speciality & were instead lawyers, health care providers, maintenance crews, supply & logistics, admin, intelligence, etc. VA.gov | Veterans Affairs

Hi everyone. I have been trying to keep up between shifts. Is it possible the killer was already in the house or followed them in and forced the girls to try call Jack to get him to come over, putting him also in danger?
Yes. J, being an intimate friend, a high school buddy, of M. and K., could very possibly have been a target.

Good thinking!

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it possible they had major exams the next day and that’s why the supposed party house was quiet that night?
No, they were out Saturday night and came back to their house and were killed in the very early hours of Sunday, 03.00hrs - 04.00hrs.

No exams on a Sunday. They wouldn't have gone out to bars if there had been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCSouthtrust