ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So why do you guys think the 2 girls on the 1st floor were spared?

Do you think it was intentional to spare them or accidental?
I think intentional, but that comes with a huge caveat: I'm terribly claustrophobic, and the layout of the 1st floor looks like an easy place to get trapped with only one way out (front door). I could foresee situations where the first floor exit was blocked and all shut / locked doors on the first floor. but this is totally JMO about why.

I think the perp didn't know they were there. I think he targeted the 3rd floor girls (one or both) and then encountered the 2nd floor couple and needed to remove them as witnesses.

Unless this is breaking news, there is no [public] photo of the car in question.
It is a stock photo of a 2011 Hyundai Limited. Offhand I don’t know if there is an upgrade from the lesser GLS model. That it is so specific that unless it was from sometime ago and the vacuuming was fairly recent prior to the murders, such a specific fiber should be able to track down that particular vehicle and owner. We can also be fairly certain it was a targeted attack and the male killer sought out the target.

I’m fairly confident the killer will be caught. Sooner rather than later. In any event he will have to know LE will be looking at him 24 hours a day. It is plausible he may take his life before the cuffs are slapped on.

I agree and I don’t think are willing to even name a suspect out of fear this person might run or destroy evidence. I think we will all be surprised.
My opinion only that the knife is a trophy to be kept, but it takes only a few seconds to throw it off the bridge if the suspect is beginning to feel closed in. He needs to think he's getting away with it until they show up at his door with a warrant.

FBI are involved due to the multiple jurisdiction aspect and much needed resources?

In regards the DNA, the perpetrator has entered the 'private spaces' of two separate bedrooms which has left fresh markers. There are alleged defensive wounds.

The perpetrator might have visited one bedroom in the past, which I doubt, the perpetrator has entered another. There are fresh DNA markers everywhere in private spaces.

Xana and Ethan got home at 1.45 so they could have been targeted earlier.

Kaylee and <mod note - Maddie> went to a bar.

Both Ethan and Kaylee were not resident and overnight stays, although being weekend, they had more propensity to be staying overnight.

The fact the attacker has entered residence where the victims will be found iand the DNA preserved in a non hostile environment s a high level of confidence, and the person is no on LE database.

Do the military keep a DNA database for all soldiers as an identifier mechanism? Maybe they can run that database, unless the soldier is from another nation?

The knife is common. The knife is desivned for this purpose.
The car police are seeking is a common non descript vehicle which has already been confused with other vehicles of similar shape. The vehicle is white which is the most popular car color. The vehicle is not only mass production but holds similar attributes to other vehicles already confused by sleuths. The car has capacity to blend in, especially at borders.

Kaylee, <mod note - Maddie> - Ethan and Xana were home

To enter the house with a teenage male occupant suggests someone with a medium build and some training. If it goes pear shaped the person could face objects etc.

Possibly an external witness to sight if another person had awoken to inspect the commotion

I would run a military DNA database for veterans also, being mindful the perp could be foreign IMOO

Material facts here: King Road Homicides | Moscow, ID

Last edited by a moderator:

For that, we have to use our imaginations, as none of the smaller clues posted on SM are allowed here, for good reasons.

I think the motive was revenge. That's what I'm going with as of today. Perceived slight? Real slight? I can easily concoct a story with a real slight in it - there could be more of a conflict/controversy in the background than we know at this point.

As every LE mentor I've ever had has told me: "There's always a story."
Perhaps you replied to the wrong message. My question was for Anapants. His/her thought was that this is a paid hit.

I think intentional, but because the target was on the 3rd floor. I also think the killings on the 2nd floor were done either upon the killer entering or leaving but were not planned. Someone put together a 3D model of the home and the location of Xana’s room makes me think the killer had no intention to go there but was forced to.

I think the perp didn't know they were there. I think he targeted the 3rd floor girls (one or both) and then encountered the 2nd floor couple and needed to remove them as witnesses.
That’s what I’ve been leaning towards too. Cause it seems the killer and or killers intents was to leave no in that house alive by the time he left house.

Maybe the killer's arm was tired, or he realized he was bleeding all over the place. I'm going to say MOO their bedroom door probably had a good lock on it and those girls made a habit of using it. MOO

I think intentional, but because the target was on the 3rd floor. I also think the killings on the 2nd floor were done either upon the killer entering or leaving but were not planned. Someone put together a 3D model of the home and the location of Xana’s room makes me think the killer had no intention to go there but was forced to.
Or was confronted on the way out by either Ethan or Xana …perhaps? Forced encounter and fight. End result the same. Killer walks out into the darkness.

I don’t think it was accidental at all; it was either intentional or their doors were locked. Locked doors is most probable IMO
have LE said the BR doors weren't locked on the 2nd or 3rd fl?

Maybe the killer's arm was tired, or he realized he was bleeding all over the place. I'm going to say MOO their bedroom door probably had a good lock on it and those girls made a habit of using it. MOO
Interior bedroom home doors (even those with fancy number locks installed) are not truly designed to keep out a person intent on entering. They are more of a “privacy” thing, than they are a security feature. A sharp shoulder burst to any of those interior doors would render them instantaneously useless, breaking the lock quickly and providing access in the wake. Either replace the interior door or doors with “exterior grade” component door(s) - or place a couple of big brackets on the inside about midway up…to hold a small yet mighty two by four. Even kicking it would prove painful (for the perp), and a shoulder slam would be even more ineffective and excruciating. Just stating the obvious facts (not to mention the missing exterior security lighting and cams).

Let’s say the rooms on the first floor had their doors locked and the killer or killers tried to pen but then said forget it. You would think that would alert those 2 girls on the first floor like who trying to get in my room?

I think it's more interesting it's said that KG wasn't supposed to be there that weekend, just supposedly came to show off her new car and Ethan wasn't a residence there but decided to sleep there that night. That tells me it was someone they came into contact with that night or someone who lives very close by, within sight of the murder house. AJMO
Possibly that the intended target was Maddie or Xana then and K and E were in the wrong place wrong time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties