ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@HopeValleyDevil

Samples, once solely used for identifying dead, now can be used in crime investigations

The military’s database of DNA samples from all service members, created to positively identify wartime casualties, has been opened up to law-enforcement agencies for crime investigations.

The new law, a single paragraph in the 2003 Defense Authorization Act signed by President Bush Dec. 2, overrides Pentagon policy that the DNA samples be used almost solely to identify troops killed in combat.

Now, local and state law-enforcement officials investigating felonies and sexual offenses can go to federal judges and thoSe in the military to seek permission to gain access to the military DNA database.

If this was a methodical serial killer, one thing I don't understand is why the killer would attack that night? If he had been watching the house and planning to do something like this, why would he pick a night that both E and K were there? He was taking a huge risk with two additional people in the house that night, especially one of them being E. That doesn't make sense IMO.

Another issue that perplexes me is the dog. It's reported that the dog was in a different room. It occurs to me that the dog would be with Kaylee and that only someone that dog trusted could get it to go to another room without barking... Also, if it was a targeted killing, it makes sense that the perp wouldn't want to leave anyone who would suspect them as the killer. I'm also considering the violence or "brutal" way in which Kaylee was killed. Could someone have been infuriated by the thought that Kaylee and Mogan were "together"? I remember being hit on at clubs and when the advances were rebuffed, the jerk would usually accuse me of being a lesbian. (I was out with my sister lol).

Both Xana and <mod note: Maddie> were upstairs residents

Their statistical chances of being there were much higher.

If it had been just been them, it narrows down the target.

The chances they all be there this weekend were high?

Kaylee had come for graduation and then gone for Christmas?

It was a full house AIMOO

Last edited by a moderator:
Interior bedroom home doors (even those with fancy number locks installed) are not truly designed to keep out a person intent on entering. They are more of a “privacy” thing, than they are a security feature. A sharp shoulder burst to any of those interior doors would render them instantaneously useless, breaking the lock quickly and providing access in the wake. Either replace the interior door or doors with “exterior grade” component door(s) - or place a couple of big brackets on the inside about midway up…to hold a small yet mighty two by four. Even kicking it would prove painful (for the perp), and a shoulder slam would be even more ineffective and excruciating. Just stating the obvious facts (not to mention the missing exterior security lighting and cams).
A sharp shoulder burst would open an interior door that has a coded lock? I always assumed those locks made the door more secure, but maybe not. I guess we don’t know if these doors were exterior grade?

MOO

Just IME, "party house" doesn't mean that it is a house that hosts regular, set events. It's more that it's the default spot where a friend group and their social periphery starts or ends up, whatever else they may be doing. It's known in the circle that the people there have no problem with that, either personally or due to external factors like neighbors, lack of space, highly involved landlords, etc. There might be frequent loud music, groups of people outside, all the lights on, people walking to the back through other people's property, discarded drink containers along the way, loud and late conversations, etc. But not often specific occasions where 100 identified people were invited for a time and date.

Both Xana and <mod note - Maddie> were upstairs residents

Their statistical chances of being there were much higher.

If it had been just been them, it narrows down the target.

The chances they all be there this weekend were high?

Kaylee had come for graduation and then gone for Christmas?

It was a full house AIMOO
What does AIMOO mean?
TIA

I dont believe states shared information back then. That tactic is also known to fail some victims even today.
Having somebody 'verify' an alibi was enough to keep many criminals on the streets. And no doubt, many innocent people were convicted in the past.
Even today though, in a place without CCTV or traffic light cameras..say in a place like Moscow Idaho, it will be very hard to disprove anybody who claims to have been home alone, or with relatives at the time of a particular crime.. alls it would take is for a culprit to leave their cell phone at home to "create" an alibi. Im not sure how LE would get around that situation, even these days. This is why the handing over of doorbell footage and speaking out on anything suspicious could end up being the smoking gun for this investigation imo.
I'm female, over 70 and in NE Iowa so this is entirely fiction, but if I were in possession of evidence (physical or observational or intuitional) I'd think carefully before doing anything that might reveal my identity. Social media has morphed into crazed packs of hyenas, and this might prove to be scarier in the long run than these horrific murders. I wonder how long it will be before unbiased juries can no longer be found.

If this was a methodical serial killer, one thing I don't understand is why the killer would attack that night? If he had been watching the house and planning to do something like this, why would he pick a night that both E and K were there? He was taking a huge risk with two additional people in the house that night, especially one of them being E. That doesn't make sense IMO.
I think that “making sense” is impossible when dealing with a psychopath. Square peg, round hole…

Let’s say the rooms on the first floor had their doors locked and the killer or killers tried to pen but then said forget it. You would think that would alert those 2 girls on the first floor like who trying to get in my room?
It depends I guess on how the killer tried to open the door. If he just turned the handle, most people would sleep through that. If he was trying to bust down the actual door, yes, most people would wake up. But who knows - maybe they were heavy sleepers, maybe had some alcohol in them, maybe used to loud noises outside their room.

MOO

Yeah exactly. Also B has a bf and Maddie also and Kaylee has an exbf, so they're could've been an extra 3 guys in the house

This is a discussion thread so I’m allowed to discuss ideas regarding the investigation. There are so many possibles but one to satisfy you might be to see if any of the other roommates were distancing themselves from any of the other ones due to maybe a new acquaintance in one of their lives. I’m looking at what we know with an open mind and trying to think of things that might be helpful since the investigation doesn’t seem to be going anywhere. Understanding relationships is very important to an investigation, wouldn’t you agree?
Its always important to keep an open mind and certainly looking at interaction's the victims and survivors had with ALL potential contacts is important. I see where you're going with any possible contacts the survivors may have had which could be relevant. I assume a rigorous investigation (FBI) would routinely look at ALL contacts of those living in the house at the time...as well as those of past tenants. Having said all this, I don't see the survivors as having any nexus with the deaths, other than being present. MOO

FBI are involved due to the multiple jurisdiction aspect and much needed resources?

In regards the DNA, the perpetrator has entered the 'private spaces' of two separate bedrooms which has left fresh markers. There are alleged defensive wounds.

The perpetrator might have visited one bedroom in the past, which I doubt, the perpetrator has entered another. There are fresh DNA markers everywhere in private spaces.

Xana and Ethan got home at 1.45 so they could have been targeted earlier.

Kaylee and Mad went to a bar.

Both Ethan and Kaylee were not resident and overnight stays, although being weekend, they had more propensity to be staying overnight.

The fact the attacker has entered residence where the victims will be found iand the DNA preserved in a non hostile environment s a high level of confidence, and the person is no on LE database.

Do the military keep a DNA database for all soldiers as an identifier mechanism? Maybe they can run that database, unless the soldier is from another nation?

The knife is common. The knife is desivned for this purpose.
The car police are seeking is a common non descript vehicle which has already been confused with other vehicles of similar shape. The vehicle is white which is the most popular car color. The vehicle is not only mass production but holds similar attributes to other vehicles already confused by sleuths. The car has capacity to blend in, especially at borders.

Kaylee, Mad - Ethan and Xana were home

To enter the house with a teenage male occupant suggests someone with a medium build and some training. If it goes pear shaped the person could face objects etc.

Possibly an external witness to sight if another person had awoken to inspect the commotion

I would run a military DNA database for veterans also, being mindful the perp could be foreign IMOO

Material facts here: King Road Homicides | Moscow, ID
The FBI is involved because a small agency has a big crime on their hands and needed assistance. Which is very common. Imo.

can someone tell me what moo means? i see it a lot on here sorry if its dumb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member