ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They did take a group photo together that weekend.
The surviving roommates were separately out of town on the day of?
I've read so many articles, I'm not sure which one this information was in. Does anyone recall?

How would they know this first hand? The only thing released was a statement by a father of one of the victims purporting that. It's postulated he spoke with parents of other victim in that room and they *compared notes*.
"More brutal" is a very subjective description. They were both murdered by hand (BRUTAL) and the difference in the modes of attack may have been "situational*>>>ie, a result of different positions and or/reactions of victims.
my thoughts on this: killer can stab to kill or also stab to maim or disfigure, so maybe "unnecessary" wounds IMO

This is a great objective response.
If LE really has no idea they have to wait for:
1) a critical tip to come in
2) the perp to get cocky and insert himself into the investigation (yes, this happens) or
3) another incident.
It's a terrible place for LE to be.
IMO, maybe somebody already inserted themselves into the investigation, perhaps unbeknownst to us. I think LE is going to arrest someone soon

Ok something has been bugging me and I feel like it’s been kinda overlooked. What do these 4 people have in common other than living in that house and being roommates? They both shared a long loving relationship with the other person killed with them. X and C were in a relationship as boyfriend/girlfriend and it seemed from all accounts to be a loving relationship. M and K also were like sisters it’s been said. Friend since the 6th grade. They also had that bond of a loving friendship. The other 2 roommates were spared for whatever reason. Motive for the killings could have been a jealousy rage of these relationships they had and this killer feeling rage at not having this.

It’s very strange to me that this house was considers a party house and yet on this 1 weekend night all the roommates got home around the same time and all just went into there separate room and went to sleep. It just seems odd to me.

Also wasn’t K close to the other 2 roommates also? I’ve seen them in party pictures together. Why on the night she comes back into town she only hangs out with M?

I’m not saying other roommates were to blame but I would be curious to find out about the recent dynamics in those friendships. It seems like something was off that specific night about all of their interactions with each other compared to pictures and videos I’ve seen previously.

Obviously just my observation based on information available.
That is an astute observation

posting this again ( last Thursday's show)

Interviews with a couple of forensics professors ( one is ex LE forensic scientist, other guy is digital forensics ex govt & secret service) detailing how long it can take to analyse the evidence as the investigation expands or lines of inquiry change based on evidence newly analysed.

IMO. I think the killer is hiding in plain sight. I seriously doubt the case will go cold, if anything it’s going to be solved fairly quickly.

When you live with your friends, and see them every single day, you don't always hang out with them outside of the house (or even inside). Sometimes you all splinter off to different groups of friends, sometimes you all hang out together outside of the house as well. Their varying ages probably makes a difference, too, as far as going to bars etc. I believe one of the surviving roommates had a BF as well, so they could have been with him/his friends.
Thank you for this!!!!! I that that term floating around is preventing some people from seeing another other alternative.
I’ve heard

I would almost guess they did. They arrived home shortly before 2 and were still using the phone for calls until nearly 3. My guess is in between during that hour they were also getting ready for bed. MOO
I could see washing faces, brushing teeth, and changing into cozy clothes…but it was a chilly night…I’d skip the shower for that alone.

How do we know K had more significant injuries, because her dad said the injuries "Don't match" or did he explicitly say her injuries were worse? I didn't see where he said it specifically I may have missed that. However, does that mean she was the target? Perhaps she woke up during this and she was hit with a blunt object to subdue her or wounded in some way to render her less likely to fight back and interfere with whatever plan this killer had set in motion.
Or it's also possible Kaylee may have offered the most resistance, waking right up when Maddie was attacked, and that set off the killer's extra rage on her.

I would believe they have a narrower focus. They can spend time verifying different points to secure their investigation. Then issue warrants, then secure more information. Then make an arrest. Don't you believe this is the pattern we see in these crimes.

Is this a good source to draw information from ?

It seems a bit dated. Maybe Vernon Geberths book

Yeah I'm not buying it. They've had over a month and massive resources available. The DNA is surely processed by now, and it's either inconclusive or there is no match. The police may have some theories, but the trail has gone cold and they are hoping for a miracle.
I heard on the news one of the FBI experts saying they likely wouldn’t have gotten results back until about now. Then if there is no match in the system, they have to start trying to figure it out through genealogy which takes a long time.

Has there been much discussion about cell phone data or traffic in that area with regards to how long this process takes and I assume it would be the FBI doing this or a specialized 3rd party? I made a 911 call one time while driving and the dispatcher knew right away where we were and that we were travelling along a major highway.

I think it's more interesting it's said that KG wasn't supposed to be there that weekend, just supposedly came to show off her new car and Ethan wasn't a residence there but decided to sleep there that night. That tells me it was someone they came into contact with that night or someone who lives very close by, within sight of the murder house. AJMO

So, assuming that KG came accidentally, to surprise her BFF, and Ethan' stay in the residence was a last minute decision, what could be the connection between M @ X?

I might be wrong - after all, what is the best way to ambush a man but in his beloved one's house? As to KG, someone might think,
easier to reach her in college then travel later to TX. But, I see no connection between K@E. E is a little bit out of this picture; the reasons to kill him would be different.

In my experience exams are rarely held on Sundays. On second thought this was irrelevant to your actual point.

Frankly, I question the whole 'party house' narrative. I've not seen any evidence to suggest this house hosted more parties than typical shared college housing. All I've read are a couple of supposed anecdotes from neighbors.
In the last thread, someone posted a copy of all the visits from the police dept. about noise control, loud music, underage drinking etc. It does seem that they had a lot of weekend parties..but so did we when I was in uni!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties