ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything I’ve read about inflicting a knife wound, especially with a large fixed blade knife, indicates that it would take a lot of strength. What about college level athletes?
Also, do they tend to live on campus?
Some knives are designed for close combat and after piercing skin, the blade design itself aids in the momentum. A sharp edge isn’t going to require much pressure to break skin

So, assuming that KG came accidentally, to surprise her BFF, and Ethan' stay in the residence was a last minute decision, what could be the connection between M @ X?

I might be wrong - after all, what is the best way to ambush a man but in his beloved one's house? As to KG, someone might think,
easier to reach her in college then travel later to TX. But, I see no connection between K@E. E is a little bit out of this picture; the reasons to kill him would be different.
Well, they worked at the same place. Same sorority.

Collateral damage is my words. She said she she thinks they others were in the killers way but not the target based on the severity of the wounds (again my words).

She also went on say that it was one of the girls upstairs that took the worst of it according to her sources.

Also her sources told her the investigation was moving in the right direction when she was asked if she thinks they are close to making an arrest.
Who is she? Link?

Does anyone know when DNA is taken for felons? For instance, if someone is arrested for a felony but it gets dropped..is DNA taken upon arrest or conviction?
It looks like Idaho doesn’t collect DNA samples for felony arrests.

So, assuming that KG came accidentally, to surprise her BFF, and Ethan' stay in the residence was a last minute decision, what could be the connection between M @ X?

I might be wrong - after all, what is the best way to ambush a man but in his beloved one's house? As to KG, someone might think,
easier to reach her in college then travel later to TX. But, I see no connection between K@E. E is a little bit out of this picture; the reasons to kill him would be different.
Maddie knew she was coming back to town. This piece of info is in one of the first interviews with KG's parents. Probably on the Media page :)

IMO. I think the killer is hiding in plain sight. I seriously doubt the case will go cold, if anything it’s going to be solved fairly quickly.
I am leaning towards agreeing with you here. Can you elaborate on the killer is hiding in plain sight?

Are you confident it was just 1 killer?

Cause I go back and forth on it being 1 killer or more than 1 killer.

Some knives are designed for close combat and after piercing skin, the blade design itself aids in the momentum. A sharp edge isn’t going to require much pressure to break skin
“Green (1978 pp.161-163) carried out research into the biomechanics of knife wounding, and found that the ‘ideal’ weapon was a short, thin bladed stiff knife of approximately 7cm long (such as the commonly encountered ‘lock knives’ or small 'sheaf' knives) and that larger knives required significantly more force to penetrate skin – their tip were observed to ‘catch’ on clothing. Cheaper domestic ‘kitchen’ knives tended to bend and break on impact.”

Read more: https://forensicmed.webnode.page/wounds/sharp-force-trauma/stab-wounds/
(Don’t click this link if you have a weak stomach/picture of a stabbing victim.)

In my experience exams are rarely held on Sundays. On second thought this was irrelevant to your actual point.

Frankly, I question the whole 'party house' narrative. I've not seen any evidence to suggest this house hosted more parties than typical shared college housing. All I've read are a couple of supposed anecdotes from neighbors.
fair point. i also actually wasn’t clearly thinking it still wasn’t monday.

I am leaning towards agreeing with you here. Can you elaborate on the killer is hiding in plain sight?

Are you confident it was just 1 killer?

Cause I go back and forth on it being 1 killer or more than 1 killer.

All were likely stabbed with one weapon.

Per Coroner.

IMO, one Perp

“Mabbutt, who wrapped up the autopsies Wednesday, previously said the killings were not a murder-suicide. The toxicology reports are still outstanding. She said the same knife was likely used to kill all four victims.”

Collateral damage is my words. She said she she thinks they others were in the killers way but not the target based on the severity of the wounds (again my words).

She also went on say that it was one of the girls upstairs that took the worst of it according to her sources.

Also her sources told her the investigation was moving in the right direction when she was asked if she thinks they are close to making an arrest.
What source are you referring to. Link?

When you live with your friends, and see them every single day, you don't always hang out with them outside of the house (or even inside). Sometimes you all splinter off to different groups of friends, sometimes you all hang out together outside of the house as well. Their varying ages probably makes a difference, too, as far as going to bars etc. I believe one of the surviving roommates had a BF as well, so they could have been with him/
I agree.

Ok something has been bugging me and I feel like it’s been kinda overlooked. What do these 4 people have in common other than living in that house and being roommates? They both shared a long loving relationship with the other person killed with them. X and C were in a relationship as boyfriend/girlfriend and it seemed from all accounts to be a loving relationship. M and K also were like sisters it’s been said. Friend since the 6th grade. They also had that bond of a loving friendship. The other 2 roommates were spared for whatever reason. Motive for the killings could have been a jealousy rage of these relationships they had and this killer feeling rage at not having this.

It’s very strange to me that this house was considers a party house and yet on this 1 weekend night all the roommates got home around the same time and all just went into there separate room and went to sleep. It just seems odd to me.

Also wasn’t K close to the other 2 roommates also? I’ve seen them in party pictures together. Why on the night she comes back into town she only hangs out with M?

I’m not saying other roommates were to blame but I would be curious to find out about the recent dynamics in those friendships. It seems like something was off that specific night about all of their interactions with each other compared to pictures and videos I’ve seen previously.

Obviously just my observation based on information available.
I don't think it's odd that on the night of a big football game people are hanging out differently (out & about) than on a night where they have a house party. Nor do I think it's odd that 2 friends who've been tight since they were 12 are hanging out together sans the others esp as one of them was about to take of out of state for a while. I think what you seem to infer here is just as likely to be a function of how they split the house up (2 younger gals on bottom floor, bff up top, and X was in the middle w/her boyfriend sleeping over). For reasons we may never know, the murderer skipped the bottom floor.

The genealogy database has solved a few cold cases recently.
Yes. The stabbing of Nancy Bennallack in 1970. This was a horrible crime in Sacramento. She was stabbed to death numerous times in her apartment. They just solved it. It was a deceased gentleman. Apparently he lived in the same apt complex as Bennallack. He climbed up a balcony and snuck into her apartment thru the slider that she left ajar for her cat. He did leave a blood trail from the balcony and thru the parking lot. I believe LE saved samples of the blood. Richard Davis did it. If you saw a photo of the guy, you would never think that he did it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214