ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you guys think they know who done it at this point?
imo, NO. I think the Elantra might be a good lead, but if they knew who owned the car and/or who was protecting the killer, would LE need the public's help in identifying the car? Even if they were trying to put pressure on the family to contact LE, wouldn't that be a big risk to the family and anyone the suspect might perceive as a threat? If someone can murder 4 people, they can murder me - or their own family. So why would LE ask for the public's help and potentially put the suspect's family/protectors at risk and leave half the US looking for a white Elantra just to pressure the family? IDGI. Seems like a lot of risk for a lot of people. And even if LE doesn't have probable cause to arrest (and likely they do not), the can do an interview. And if the suspected killer isn't available for an interview, and if the family isn't available, then it still make no sense to release the info on the car. that's all jmo but if someone has thoughts on the logic here, I'd love to hear them.

The ease of pulling the ladder down depends on the ladder type. We've got a telescoping ladder that we pull down--it basically unfolds as we do so.

Ours is extremely loud as it unfolds; I can always tell when DH is going up into the attic.
I'm talking about hiding in an attic and getting down from there, though. Have you ever done that? I'm not quite sure how that would work in reality.

The surviving roommates were separately out of town on the day of?
I've read so many articles, I'm not sure which one this information was in. Does anyone recall?
I believe it was a misprint in an article/timeline, not sure rn which one. They weren’t out of town. They were out on the town, separately, according to LE.

I believe LE stated “targeted” in somewhat general terms
And then they back peddled and then came forward again with the targeting. I'm liking the closed mouths within LE and the town officials much better now. I'd hate to see loose lips endanger the investigation and prosecution. Sure I want to know everything but I want the guilty brought to justice more. AJMO

I’m not sure if this was posted yesterday. It is a fabulous discussion with a highly regarded profiler about how the FBI will go thru tips on the Elantra and a deep discussion on possible offender, and post offense behavior. One great quote was “Don’t screen the leads yourself”. Just do it, meaning send them in.

Does anyone know when DNA is taken for felons? For instance, if someone is arrested for a felony but it gets dropped..is DNA taken upon arrest or conviction?
In Idaho, there is no law allowing DNA collection at arrest, DNA is collected upon felony conviction or a guilty plea, including juveniles.
THE IDAHO DNA DATABASE ACT OF 1996
83DFC25F-0597-4AE5-8AF2-5D107AAF6C6C.jpeg
NCSL photo

I suspect Kaylee G was targeted.

I have no reason to disbelieve the Father, who mentioned severity of wounds.

It’s also an odd coincidence that Kaylee made the trip there to show off her new Car, and was only there for a limited time, as she was scheduled to leave permanently, starting a new chapter in her life.

IMO.

Out of curiosity, have you ever went up in your attic and closed yourself up there? How hard is it to get the ladder folded from up there? How hard is it to get yourself down from there with having to drop the ladder down?

Not difficult for mine. The attic space was important to me because we needed the storage and wanted to have the option of one day turning it into an office if we needed, so it's fairly accessible.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>
IMO I suspect all the roommates had a strong online presence. I am glad that the FBI is leading the investigation because they are equipped to locate cyberstalkers and online predators. I still feel that clues will be found on the students' computers and phones. The FBI can secure a lot of evidence via internet sleuthing-' just as we all are doing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe it was a misprint in an article/timeline, not sure rn which one. They weren’t out of town. They were out on the town, separately, according to LE.
Some media said that early on, other media said “out on the town” at that time.

Currently on the Moscow Police page:
“Detectives believe that on November 12th, the two surviving roommates had also been out in the Moscow community, separately, but returned home by 1 a.m. on November 13th. The two did not wake up until later that morning.”

City of Moscow Police
King Road Homicides

So, assuming that KG came accidentally, to surprise her BFF, and Ethan' stay in the residence was a last minute decision, what could be the connection between M @ X?

I might be wrong - after all, what is the best way to ambush a man but in his beloved one's house? As to KG, someone might think,
easier to reach her in college then travel later to TX. But, I see no connection between K@E. E is a little bit out of this picture; the reasons to kill him would be different.
M & X were in the same sorority Pi Beta Phi and both stopped bein an active member of this sorority this Semester, so I wonder why? I was in a college sorority, and it was rare that sorority members left sorority but continued academics at college university. Not convinced killing is sorority related though.

Last edited:
Reporting. Reliable or Unreliable?
Per Coroner....
“Mabbutt, who wrapped up the autopsies Wednesday, previously said the killings were not a murder-suicide. The toxicology reports are still outstanding. She said the same knife was likely used to kill all four victims.”

@GhostGhost snipped for focus. Not directing this at you personally, just commenting in article linked in the ^ post. Idaho student killings: Coroner releases autopsy findings

IIUC, reporter suggests --- Mabbutt performed the autopsies.
Nope, nope, nopitie, nope.
I may be reading ^ incorrectly, but multiple other MSMs reported name of MEDICAL EXAMINER, a forensic pathologist, who performed autopsies.
A rushed article, or lack of reporter's understanding of diff btwn coronor and med examiner, or ??? IDK

Since 2006, Mabbutt has served as an elected official: Latah Co. CORONER, a part time job. I do not know what, if any, medical education or experience is required. The county website also states she was a nurse (RN) for many yrs. Elected Officials

No list/directory of attys in firm. Unusual, bare bones website, for atty in private practice imo. Just two tabs: "Testimonials" and "Contact" which gives address & phone.

yellowpage online listing shows firm as doing criminal defense work.

Last edited:
I heard on the news one of the FBI experts saying they likely wouldn’t have gotten results back until about now. Then if there is no match in the system, they have to start trying to figure it out through genealogy which takes a long time.
Toxicology results perhaps but my quess is DNA results came in but LE is unable to match in police database which is making it tougher to arrest a suspect imo.

From the sheer professionalism of it all.
In & out, got the job done quickly and swiftly, with no noise, no evidence no trace.

A random psycho wouldn't manage that.
IMO Usually paid hits involve guns that can’t be traced. I’m thinking of the double tap signature. Using a knife to kill usually denotes a very “personal” killing= up close, personal, passion, love or sex, romance involved.

So how does Idaho prosecute people they believe have committed a serious crime if they can't take their DNA to match DNA recovered at a crime scene? Or exonerate someone?
During an investigation they can get a search warrant to collect DNA from a suspect with probable cause, and people being interviewed can voluntarily submit DNA for exoneration

I suspect Kaylee G was targeted.

I have no reason to disbelieve the Father, who mentioned severity of wounds.

It’s also an odd coincidence that Kaylee made the trip there to show off her new Car, and was only there for a limited time, as she was scheduled to leave permanently, starting a new chapter in her life.

IMO.
K’s father was just comparing K’s wounds to M’s wounds. We have no idea how their wounds compare to E & X.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members