ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All were likely stabbed with one weapon.

Per Coroner.

IMO, one Perp

“Mabbutt, who wrapped up the autopsies Wednesday, previously said the killings were not a murder-suicide. The toxicology reports are still outstanding. She said the same knife was likely used to kill all four victims.”

IMO, The perp looks normal in every day life. Probably has a job. By all outward appearances he would seem natural in all of his interactions. I think he just lost it that night-he blew a gasket

Out of curiosity, have you ever went up in your attic and closed yourself up there? How hard is it to get the ladder folded from up there? How hard is it to get yourself down from there with having to drop the ladder down?

The ease of pulling the ladder down depends on the ladder type. We've got a telescoping ladder that we pull down--it basically unfolds as we do so.

Ours is extremely loud as it unfolds; I can always tell when DH is going up into the attic.

I wonder what their WHOLE social group knows and why LE keeps saying they’re focused on the investigation, not the activities.

They say it twice here:

Maybe the underage roommates imbibed alcohol or some smoke pot illegally IMO

Murphy must’ve already been in the other room, right?
I don’t think the killer could get Murphy out of the room K and M are in, and take it to another room without awaking the girls
Speculating on the video they keep showing of Kaylee with Murphy. I would imagine tipsy Kaylee and Maddie would have had Murphy with them. She would probably have needed to let him out when she came home. I agree with you - unless the killer was friendly with Murphy. I would imagine that Murphy would have barked at the intruder unless the intruder was known to him. This bothers me a lot.

From the article: "Meanwhile, the number of FBI personnel assigned to the case increased to 46 investigators working in Moscow and elsewhere in the country, and two agents from the behavioral analysis unit.

"Idaho State Police’s staffing decreased in the number of investigators working the case, from 20 to 13. The number of uniformed troopers remained the same, while the mobile crime scene unit was eliminated. ISP forensic services investigators remain on the case, and a communications team has also been deployed, police said."
----

Why would FBI be so heavily involved in what might otherwise be a very local killing? 46 FBI investigators across the country, not just in Moscow, Idaho. And the two agents from the Behavioral Analysis Unit? That is in addition to the State Police, and the local/county presence. That is a lot of investigative fire power, with a lot of deep resources.

Instead of spending time talking about the dog, or a front door that was left open, might something else be going on here?
Possibly. IMO the killer lived in Wash and commuted to work in Idaho or vice versa. I am guessing they either live in one state and/ or work in another. Perhaps, the killing took place in one state, and evidence was disposed of in another?

Maybe the underage roommates imbibed alcohol or some smoke pot illegally IMO
IMO I think they were also primarily directing it at the people who attended the fraternity party since it's taken them a while to nail down X and E's timeline. Also possibly anyone who was out and about drinking underage and may have run into M and K at the bar.

No, it is not the car in the body cam video.
I was watching the Food Truck video and saw a reference on another site that if you look closely in the background to the right (on the side where you would order food), there is a white car that drives by and then turns around. Perhaps that is the white car.

I thought this was a targeted attack, how could LE or media possibly extrapolate or predict? IMO
John Kelly, quoted in the article, is an experienced criminal profiler. He's worked on many cases with LE on serial killers. He's also an author on the subject. What he's saying is a real possibility within the research he's done over many years. All that said, it's not an exact science in many respects but profiling a suspect can be extremely helpful to LE. IMO

Not even sure they have the slightest idea.

It just doesn't feel they've reached that pre-arrest, "let's calibrate evidence and go over everything one more time," ducks in a row, place yet.

(Feels more like they're waiting for perp to spontaneously have "come to Jesus" moment.)

They are confident enough to say that they have had some very good leads.

‘The killer of four University of Idaho studentswho attacked them in their beds last month remains at large four weeks after a group of classmates called 911.

Police in Moscow, Idaho, say Kaylee Goncalves, 21; Madison Mogen, 21; Xana Kernodle, 20; and Ethan Chapin, 20, were killed in a rental house on King Road just steps off campus between 3 and 4 a.m. on Nov. 13.

Police have not publicly named any suspects or persons of interest – but they say they're getting "good tips and leads" despite a lack of a reward offered in the case. Especially after they released new details Wednesday when they asked the public for help finding the occupant or occupants of a white 2011 to 2013 Hyundai Elantra seen near the victims' home around the time of the slayings.

Police say anyone in the Elantra may have "critical information to share" in the case.

I keep seeing posts saying moo or aimo. What’s that about thanks?
Do you guys think they know who done it at this point?

Forensic DNA testing refers to taking swabs or blood from victims and from others.

In those cases, we are not piecing together from trace/touch DNA, which has very different time parameters. First step would be to process all the evidence (and there's probably a lot here) and get partial profiles on every single organic bit.

And that might even indicate a need to go back to the crime scene and get more of a particular sample, if possible.

Aside from the neighbor who swabbed himself, apparently, and asked to be tested - do we even know if a single person (other than the victims) has been swabbed?
There was a neighbor who swabbed themselves? Is that even permissible? Would that evidence even be allowed at trial? But that would be a very good way to surreptitiously gets someone’s palm print

Last edited:
So, assuming that KG came accidentally, to surprise her BFF, and Ethan' stay in the residence was a last minute decision, what could be the connection between M @ X?

I might be wrong - after all, what is the best way to ambush a man but in his beloved one's house? As to KG, someone might think,
easier to reach her in college then travel later to TX. But, I see no connection between K@E. E is a little bit out of this picture; the reasons to kill him would be different.
All good questions. I would love to know what E and X were doing between 9pm and 2am.

To Ka-Bar or not to Ka-bar

Here are LE's offical words on the murder weapon/s. Please note "KA-BAR" is never mentioned.

"Although no weapons have been located, based on preliminary information, investigators believe that an edged weapon such as a knife was used. Autopsies are scheduled to be completed later this week and will hopefully provide more definitive information on the exact cause of the deaths." (Nov 15)

"Additionally, detectives have contacted local businesses to determine if a fixed-blade knife had been recently purchased." (Nov 19)

"Weapon: There has been much conversation about the terminology used to describe the weapon. The type of knife thought to be used in the attacks is believed to be a fix-blade knife. Detectives continue to look for the weapon." (Nov 22)

"Local businesses were contacted to determine if a fixed-blade knife had been recently purchased." (Dec 6)

An earlier post posted a picture of a knife which may be similar to the police description. The picture made me cry. I pray that dangerous evil scum is caught soon.

What source are you referring to. Link?
I was channel surfacing and caught it on fox news. Jon Scott was interviewing a woman who worked for the FBI and was in Idaho talking to the investigators. I did not catch her name and title or if she was currently employed by the fbi or a former employee.

Take it for what its worth. I can only tell you that fix found her credible enough to present her as some kind of expert.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members