ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Page 41 of the FBI manual on crime prevention disagrees:

View attachment 387013
This is why I think all of the victims were targeted. They may not have been targets until he actually entered their rooms and found them there, but I think he planned to kill anyone in that house he came across.

Special request please- I’m traveling.
About 2 weeks ago a piece aired on CNN from a reporter who asked Idaho SP Snell what his reaction was /was it ok, after SG first expressed doubt and frustration.
Would someone please find that segment?
I think it might help quell the din.

The recent comments about trauma to the liver and lungs leaves me wondering if the stabbings went under the ribs versus through them. This would reduce the force required and the chance of the knife breaking. It's based on unverified information from a grieving father and speculation on my part, especially since it was only mentioned for one victim, but it's a theory I'd had for a while.

On another note, I've wondered if the killer started on the third floor, then moved to the second floor, and ultimately fled the house after encountering resistance and some noise from X or E. They may have had intentions of continuing to the first floor but felt the need to flee after encountering resistance. This came to mind for me when I heard rumors of the first floor door being open the next morning.

Lastly, in regards to the challenges with identifying the killer, I'm reluctant to give full credit to the killer's planning versus luck. The Jayme Closs kidnapping is one example that comes to mind for me where many speculated that it was a heavily planned event that really just came down to coincidental luck that kept the killer unknown until she escaped.

I guess the point of this post is that for every assumption we make right now, there are reasonably strong counter points. Maybe i should change my handle to Captain Obvious.

(Hypo) PreTrial Release of Victims' Wound Pix. Impede Fair Trial?
Pasting this post by @Janitor101 from previous thread.
@Janitor101 Yes, Hypothetically. In a pre-trial motion, Def atty could claim that, but I doubt it would fly.

Hypo: MSM or soc media publishes a pic or pix (plural) of vic's wounds pre-trial. Then an arrest.

One. Def. makes pre-trial motion --- MSM showed vic wound pic, blah blah blah, violates right to fair trial, so judge must dismiss charges.
Prosecutor argues that if same/similar pic would/will be admitted into evd. at trial, MSM/soc media's publication does not violate def's right to a fair trial, IOW jury will see it at trial, so no violation of def's right to fair trial. Judge: Def's motion denied.

Two. Def makes motion for a change of venue to move trial to a diff judicial district, where (presumably) the pix & other crime info had not been widely circulated to the public/jury pool.
Imo, by itself, the pic argument w no further bases to strike charges or to move trial, doubtful. Why?

In jury selection process (regardless of trial location is Moscow or elsewhere), both prosecution & defense have opportunity to question potential jury panel members (veniremen), to see what crime info they have seen/heard. And judge asks if the info would prevent them from using only evidence presented at trial to make decision. If they can't put previous info aside, then person may be struck for cause. So those who are impossibly biased by the pre-trial info are not part of the jury,which ends up being composed of unbiased ppl.
imo jmo moo
Thank you so kindly for the information. Very informative!

I keep wondering though...could the revenge be against someone else? Someone who cares about them? In movies you always have bad guys threatening to hurt loved ones. Maybe the "revenge" was against the surviving roommates or family of the victims? Twists it on its head a bit....like do the parents have any enemies that would kill their kids as revenge?

But then again it could still be a random guy or a group of guys. I always circle back to how little we really know.

MOO
We don’t know if the motive was revenge. The suspect may have killed just for the sake of killing. Some murderers are excited by the act itself.

Page 41 of the FBI manual on crime prevention disagrees:

View attachment 387013
Thanks @hopewell That was a good article. This part stood out to me:

1670891540251.png

In the tab called "Is The Public In Danger". It's in reference to a quote from the county prosecutor.
Oh! The clarification of the clarification. Wasn't that basically them walking back the prosecutor's comments? It's been a couple weeks so I can't remember. I would go back to look but it didn't make sense even then.

my friend was a victim of the Waldo Rapist in Kansas City. she was number 3 or 4 can’t remember. About a month before he attacked her, she had a break in of her home. Her laptop was taken and her underwear drawer was messed with. . Police said it was teenagers. I remember joking with her about it being the rapist. She was adamant it was teens. When he raped her he spent hours with her. Made her wash before he left. He took all the DNA with him. Fast forward months later, the police decided that her breakin was the rapist. He had unlocked a window when he broke in. the guy was an ex rapist who was in a halfway house and mowing yards in her neighborhood. His mowing job allowed hI’m to watch his victims activities. My friend was raped on Saturday. A day she usually went out it opted to stay home that night.
my point is that it takes time to go over information and what police said is not May end up being a clue. It there are any workers in the area that work in the yards, service homes, they maybe the person.
this seems like a man doing this. I usually let my dog out by the sliding glass door when I get how. I suspect these kids did the same thing and maybe forgot to lock the door. Somebody said the lights turned off close to three. Maybe he only thought 3 roommates were home due to the number of lights. I don’t think it is far fetching for the killer to enter one location back door and exit another location front door.
I believe the police have evidence and they are waiting for DNA and they probably have a suspect or a couple and they don’t want to spook any of them so they are saying they don’t have anything. I think or at least I want to believe that the police and FBI are setting up a sting operation and we will have an arrest by the new year. I believe they are watch the suspect(s) and it will be a sound case because they did not disclose much to the media to eliminate mishaps in court.

at least I want to believe this

I hope you never lose a child. There is no “counseling”, no solace, no reprieve. The grief is all encompassing and it takes your legs out from under you. The world is turned upside down, and nothing makes sense or matters except getting answers. You somehow believe that those answers will bring you peace, so you go balls to the wall to get them. The sad truth is that even getting those answers will never be enough. The pain will still be there, the fog that surrounds you won’t lift, and the fact that life continues and the world is still spinning seems, at best, to be sacrilege.

Please…let that father wail and scream and beat his chest. Let him name call and stir emotions. Let him, while he is remembering holding his daughter’s hand, while he is remembering her first steps, while he recalling dropping her off at college for the first time, let him grieve. He has earned that. He deserves that. Every parent who has ever had to look into the lifeless eyes of their dead child deserves that. Begrudging him that right is not anyone’s right. If the worst he does in his darkest hours is name call, LE is going to need to suck it up. That was his daughter.
~A Grieving Mom
I agree 100% with every bit of this! As a father that lost a daughter at a very young age, people that have never been through that have no idea of the soul ripping pain you go through and I pray that no one has to experience that. I only had my daughter for a short time and her death was the worst time of my life. It is something you never get over, you learn to live with it. It never gets better, the pain never really goes away, but I cannot begin to imagine the amount of pain these families are going through after having their children for 20 years and having them taken in such a senseless brutal way. So let him mourn his daughter any way he wants. Let him fight for her. Because that's what fathers do.

Watching the Dr. Phil Show today where they discussed this case. I realized how easy it would be to determine the first person stabbed, the 2nd person, 3rd, and finally the 4th. All it would take is the study of the blood transferred from one victim to the next. The 4th person stabbed will probably have the blood DNA of all the other victims on and in the stab wounds.

Last edited:
None, but they did have a couple of letters read at the beautiful memorial they had at X's church. :)
I thought that was actually brave of them, even if they didn’t read the letters themselves. They have to know all of the things being said about them on the internet and likely knew that many people would find a way to twist their words and say even worse things about them. The fact that still wanted to honor their friends at the expense of themselves was lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia