ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This photo is of the window to the right of the slider in the kitchen. If you look in the upper left corner, you will see part of the cabinet above the fridge and there is something seeping from the sheet rock above the cabinet and running down the cabinet door and wall to the right. This area is directly under what has been identified on the layout diagrams as Kaylee's room. I don't know what that substance is but I have a suspicion. This leads me to think that something happened in that room.

source

That photo has been discussed multiple times. The angle of the photo is being taken at a downward angle, so you are actually seeing the lower part of the refrigerator and the lower cabinets (not the ones that touch the ceiling). See the attached photo with the red circle.

In addition someone else found a photo of the same angle from a few days prior in the investigation and there is nothing on that cabinet at all. So if there is anything on that cabinet it was spilled by LE, or is some sort of chemical being used in the investigation.

Attachments

• 1280x960.jpg
    1280x960.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 54
This photo is of the window to the right of the slider in the kitchen. If you look in the upper left corner, you will see part of the cabinet above the fridge and there is something seeping from the sheet rock above the cabinet and running down the cabinet door and wall to the right. This area is directly under what has been identified on the layout diagrams as Kaylee's room. I don't know what that substance is but I have a suspicion. This leads me to think that something happened in that room.

source
That photo has bugged me for a while. It certainly appears to be blood, but it doesn’t appear in an earlier photo of the same area (unless the other photo was perhaps edited or out of focus?)

If it is blood, I suspect someone was killed in Kaylee’s room and it leaked from the recessed ceiling light. I saw a news story about a woman who lived in an apartment whose upstairs neighbor died, and blood seeped into her apartment from the recessed ceiling light.

So sad to me that the outliers on the Bell Curve of conformity are so few. We need to encourage character development that causes young people to question the benefits of conformity to group think. But maybe I am asking too much of human nature. To be an outlier takes great strength & often great perseverance.
JMHO
The benefit of group think is fraternity, meaning connection. Hopefully a means to a good end. Group think’s reward, so to speak. Fraternity among outliers binds them together as well. To stand alone, together, can be a compelling, binding force. And can be a means to a negative end.
In this way outliers and group thinkers are two sides of the same coin.

I'm starting to think Occams Razor on this one. So Many other cases have oddities, conflicting info, weird details that don't add up to anything, missing info, missing victims. This doesn't feel nearly as wonky as most cases I read on here (Springfield 3, Asha). Extra MOO.
What’s the Occam’s razor on this?? (not being snarky!)

Because "Occam's Razor" is a buzz phrase and sounds cool. It's the same as everyone callings perps "narcissists". Occam's razor doesn't imply that the simplest answer is the best, it states that when there are competing theories leading to the same conclusion, the theory which relies on the fewest assumptions is the preferable theory. The "simplest" theory may well make the most assumptions and would not be seen as preferable by Occam's Razor.
I only really used the term myself because there are a lot of crazy theories on here and I don't think it's going to be as far fetched as some are spectulating. JMO. Every case can be so different.

They would be in a predicament though. How would you prove not you who used it. Their DNA would have been on knife from the get go. Right?
They shouldn't be in a predicament unless they continue to keep it quiet. If they loaned it to someone then that would help identify and put that person on camera somewhere. In reality, if the knife is ever recovered under this scenario the owners' prints could very easily be on the knife too. Much better to come forward now than be on the defensive later.

The benefit of group think is fraternity, meaning connection. Hopefully a means to a good end. Group think’s reward, so to speak. Fraternity among outliers binds them together as well. To stand alone, together, can be a compelling, binding force. And can be a means to a negative end.
In this way outliers and group thinkers are two sides of the same coin.
Yes. Your post prompted me to remember "Bystanders Syndrome" as well. One neighbor is reported to have heard screaming (see reference). Is it possible that others also heard the murders being committed but failed to call 911? Hopefully, more information has been forthcoming to LE.

How did blood leak through bedding and down a wall?
Good point, was just thinking this. Would suggest one of the victims in X's room was possibly laying on the floor near the wall. Of course one could be mortally wounded but not yet dead after the stabling and fall/crawl out of bed.

Entin said it was with A&W which you could look up. Sorry I don't know the street name.
MOO but if the Elantra was at the gas station then it's very likely they would know who is driving it. 1. If they bought gas they either 1. used a credit card... ( traceable) or 2. had to pay inside with cash which requires interacting with another human who is a witness.. a purchase other than gas would require interaction with another human even if they paid in cash.. is the A and W and gas station open between 4 and 6 am?

That photo has bugged me for a while. It certainly appears to be blood, but it doesn’t appear in an earlier photo of the same area (unless the other photo was perhaps edited or out of focus?)

If it is blood, I suspect someone was killed in Kaylee’s room and it leaked from the recessed ceiling light. I saw a news story about a woman who lived in an apartment whose upstairs neighbor died, and blood seeped into her apartment from the recessed ceiling light.
I looked at that picture with a magnifying glass. The drips are clearly visible, dripping down on the cabinet (or door, whatever) but if you look at the piece of (what I assume to be) wood directly above those drips, there aren't "matching" drips that would be part of the path of the drip downwards if the drips came from immediately above. The drips that are visible are dark enough to be seen clearly and I would think that they would be just as easy to see on the piece of wood above it, if they were there. JMO

Reactions: CDB
Since KG had just gotten back in town, for me, Occam's Razor is that the motive revolves around her. Either someone she met that night or previously who was very mad with her. This would be particularly the case, if the evidence indicates that her wounds were particularly bad. But there are other scenarios that are plausible as well (random stalker of the house, some connection with other victims). JMO
Does anyone know how long K had been out of the murder house? I believe she was at home working on an internship? Was the internship in her hometown? remote? I know her future job was in TX but I’m just wondering why she wasn’t in Moscow full time.

The perp is a male and probably of very large or athletic build. Someone not intimidated by another male in the house. Someone with the ability to cover the victim’s mouths, and hold them down, while stabbing them. Someone with the strength and confidence to “finish the job” if somebody was able to fight back. I would want to know the location of every college football player....
I fully agree with your assessment that the attacker would not need to be a "knife ninja" of sorts to carry out the attacks.

Rather, he, as you stated, would just need strength and agility mixed with self confidence and a horrific will to "just do it". Football players would fit the first three requirements. Fortunately most lack the horrific will.

That aside, I think the athletic pool would get large fast- espescially given the victims attractiveness and active social lives.

In addition to football, pretty much any D1 athlete would have the first three requirements (strength, agility, self confidence) to successfully carry out the attacks. This would include other contact sports such as wrestling, but also baseball, basketball, track, but also say, soccer.

Then factor in serious, but unofficial "club sports" that may not be a sponsored sport at that University (rugby, powerlifting, lacrosse etc). Next, toss is the fact that one could have been a very accomplished high school athlete, yet not have the super elusive combination of skill and speed and size for D1 sports- yet could carry out the attacks.

In short, I think your "jock" possibility is valid. But, there is just alot of jocks to go through.

Last edited:
That photo has been discussed multiple times. The angle of the photo is being taken at a downward angle, so you are actually seeing the lower part of the refrigerator and the lower cabinets (not the ones that touch the ceiling). See the attached photo with the red circle.

In addition someone else found a photo of the same angle from a few days prior in the investigation and there is nothing on that cabinet at all. So if there is anything on that cabinet it was spilled by LE, or is some sort of chemical being used in the investigation.
Thanks. I see the fridge handle. Wonder what kind of chemical they would use and just let it run over and drip and if LE spilled something, would they have to clean it up or just mark it "spilled by ___".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298