ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very respectful to all. The college kids I personally know, may not have special skills with a knife. Then again, I also don’t live in Idaho. Geographically, skills are vastly different within this age group. I will say, this reminds me of a young man who was brutally stabbed from Lynchburg, VA. Turned out it was MS-13.

Also, why was one of the girls going to move away? I missed that. Transfer schools or simply graduation?
Graduating in December and had gotten a tech job in Texas.

The way you work a criminal case is not to just ask who did it? You also ask who could not possibly have done it? Who can we prove was in Florida, in the hospital having open heart surgery, in jail, at work and on camera, etc.? Everyone is a suspect. Scratch out their names, from your list, as you confirm they could not possibly have been present, for whatever reason.

Of course, you also ask who could have had a reason to harm this person? Who had an opportunity? Who owned the type of weapon used in a particular crime? Who has said negative things about the victim recently? Murder is usually one of the easiest crimes to solve. Notice, I said usually.

Often an arrest is made at the scene, nearby, or some place else within hours. I’ve driven up on scenes and found the perpetrator waiting for us, crying his eyes out.

All that aside, police in Idaho, just like everywhere else, know everything I just said. They have knocked on a lot of doors. They’ve taken thousands of phone calls from people well meaning people, trying to help.

The police are exhausted and totally worn out. They’ve had very little sleep. They are eating unhealthy junk and drinking a lot of coffee. This is hard on them physically and emotionally. They’ve seen things that no person should ever have to see. Those images will haunt them forever. Those images are permanently burned in their minds.

This happened almost a week ago. I’ll bet my life savings that everyone in their circle of friends, the creepy kid in their English class and the guys the girls went to their junior high dance with, have been interviewed. I feel if this was someone they knew, the walls would have been closed in, by now. Just my personal opinion.

Autopsy results answer a lot of questions. In homicide cases I’ve worked, where the victim was a female, I always wanted to know if she was pregnant? Other things such as the presence of alcohol and drugs are important as well. The list goes on and on.

My gut tells me this is a stranger on stranger crime. The longer this drags on, the stronger I will feel that way. It’s my opinion that an arrest would have already been made, if the victims knew the perpetrator.
Your last point about stranger to stranger crime is valid but a lot of students have been heading home early since this horrific event occurred and that is a negative aspect for LE because perhaps the killer is a college student and they left to go home.

ADMIN NOTE:
There have been contradicting reports from MSM sources quoting LE statements today.
This:
University of Idaho murders: police can't say if survivors are witnesses or suspects | Fox News

Published November 18, 2022 1:28pm EST by Rebecca Rosenberg
"These are people who may have seen the crime but on the flip side may have committed the crime," said Aaron Snell, communications director for the Idaho State Police. "We don’t know if they are witnesses, victims or suspects, so until we do a thorough investigation, naming them would be inappropriate."

And this:
Moscow Police clear surviving roommates and man in 'Twitch' video, dispel other online rumors in U of I murders - KXLY

Posted: November 18, 2022 5:04 PM
Updated: November 18, 2022 5:11 PM by Melisssa Luck
Moscow Police released new information late Friday afternoon, which also included confirmation that the victims were likely asleep when they were attacked and stabbed to death.

Police say the coroner stated the victims were each stabbed multiple times; some of them had defensive wounds.

“At this time in the investigation, detectives do not believe the two surviving roommates or the male in the Grub Truck surveillance video are involved in this crime,” police said in the release. Additionally, online reports of the victims being tied and gagged are not accurate. The identity of the 911 caller has not been released", police said in the release. "Additionally, online reports of the victims being tied and gagged are not accurate. The identity of the 911 caller has not been released.”

What does that mean for discussion by members on this thread?
At this time, WS can allow discussion what is said in both reports.
PLEASE:
Don't use the names of the roommates.
Don't bash the roommates in any way.
Don't bash the sources since both are approved MSM.
Don't bicker with other members about their opinions or why they are giving more weight to one report over another.

This is a very fluid situation, and the rules may change as we learn more.
Thank you for helping us navigate the discussion of this difficult case on our forum.

Wow.I thought it was just Kaylee calling him.Strange that Maddie would also call.
Yep. I’d only heard Kaylee’s sister tell us that Kaylee made 6 phone calls to ‘J’ starting at 2:26am to 2:44am… I heard it in this video linked below.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have raised two cops. They both have knives. Nothing as near as long as the sword the killer used. This guy meant business. It was not an impulsive act of passion. This was planned. You just don't walk around with a huge knife.
Respectfully, I thought it was a long serrated-edge knife?

I agree this person planned this and was not acting impulsively.

However, I disagree about the likelihood of someone carrying this type of weapon. Having worked with at-risk youth, several of them carry 6, 7, 8 inch long knives. People who have experienced trauma and housing instability frequently carry weapons, especially knives, FWIW.

It’s what- 9 miles to Washington? And Idaho in particular has long been a settlement area for hard core survivalists, militia organizations and extreme ideology cults that have prospered and become well established, so there could be many places to hide or blend in. Cuts and scratches might not be a flag for many. It’s hunting season for a variety of birds and game.
There’s alot of wilderness, too, for living off the grid or just blending in within a town or the compound of any number of alternate reality groups or communities. IMO
Ahhh I live in Washington don’t say that haha. I have been thinking the same thing though

I think you just don't know the kids who do know those things. I'm friends with people of many different ages and most of the college kids I know are very capable and independent. If they don't know how to do something, they look it up on YouTube. The knife LE describes however makes me think the perp may be a veteran or have veterans in their family (imo, just a possibility).
Or a hunter or person who likes fishing. Country kids grow up with lots of skills that suburban and city kids might not have. Or even a job in a deli, restaurant or grocery store where knives are used.

"At 2:26 a.m., Kaylee starts to call J," AG told "Inside Edition," which described J as a young man. "Kaylee calls J six times between 2:26 a.m. and 2:44 a.m. From 2:44 to 2:52 Maddie calls Jack three times, then Kaylee makes a final call to him at 2:52 a.m."
When I’m alone and at home, the first thing I do is call my husband when I’m scared,

When I was single, it was my sister I callled. Maybe they called J.

The reports of them being found in their beds lead one to believe that they were surprised by the attack, but the phone calls say they were awake and alert. Maybe they both heard something, but we’re too scared to investigate? Stayed in their beds?

The way you work a criminal case is not to just ask who did it? You also ask who could not possibly have done it? Who can we prove was in Florida, in the hospital having open heart surgery, in jail, at work and on camera, etc.? Everyone is a suspect. Scratch out their names, from your list, as you confirm they could not possibly have been present, for whatever reason.

Of course, you also ask who could have had a reason to harm this person? Who had an opportunity? Who owned the type of weapon used in a particular crime? Who has said negative things about the victim recently? Murder is usually one of the easiest crimes to solve. Notice, I said usually.

Often an arrest is made at the scene, nearby, or some place else within hours. I’ve driven up on scenes and found the perpetrator waiting for us, crying his eyes out.

All that aside, police in Idaho, just like everywhere else, know everything I just said. They have knocked on a lot of doors. They’ve taken thousands of phone calls from people well meaning people, trying to help.

The police are exhausted and totally worn out. They’ve had very little sleep. They are eating unhealthy junk and drinking a lot of coffee. This is hard on them physically and emotionally. They’ve seen things that no person should ever have to see. Those images will haunt them forever. Those images are permanently burned in their minds.

This happened almost a week ago. I’ll bet my life savings that everyone in their circle of friends, the creepy kid in their English class and the guys the girls went to their junior high dance with, have been interviewed. I feel if this was someone they knew, the walls would have been closed in, by now. Just my personal opinion.

Autopsy results answer a lot of questions. In homicide cases I’ve worked, where the victim was a female, I always wanted to know if she was pregnant? Other things such as the presence of alcohol and drugs are important as well. The list goes on and on.

My gut tells me this is a stranger on stranger crime. The longer this drags on, the stronger I will feel that way. It’s my opinion that an arrest would have already been made, if the victims knew the perpetrator.
Do you have any theory to what might be the motive? Any behavior analysis from what we know?

Very respectful to all. The college kids I personally know, may not have special skills with a knife. Then again, I also don’t live in Idaho. Geographically, skills are vastly different within this age group. I will say, this reminds me of a young man who was brutally stabbed from Lynchburg, VA. Turned out it was MS-13.

Also, why was one of the girls going to move away? I missed that. Transfer schools or simply graduation?
moving to TX for a job
"
Goncalves, who had joined the Alpha Phi sorority and was a senior majoring in general studies, also had big plans. She’d recently bought a 2016 Range Rover, planned a trip to Europe next year, and expected to move to Texas after graduation, her sister AG told NBC’s “Today” show.

“She had everything going for her, absolutely everything,” her sister said. “She had her job lined up. She had worked really hard for it.”

Wow.I thought it was just Kaylee calling him.Strange that Maddie would also call.
I'm trying to figure out where that factoid came from and if it is true that both girls called him. If so, it could be VERY important in my opinion. There are numerous scenarios that I can think of but none that I would expect to lead to murder. But it would certainly be something to follow up.

"At 2:26 a.m., Kaylee starts to call J," AG told "Inside Edition," which described J as a young man. "Kaylee calls J six times between 2:26 a.m. and 2:44 a.m. From 2:44 to 2:52 Maddie calls Jack three times, then Kaylee makes a final call to him at 2:52 a.m."

It sounds like those 2 girls were desperate and panic stricken.

But, if they needed help quickly, I wonder why they didn't call Ethan and Xana though...?
Or the other 2 housemates on the bottom floor?

I'm glad to see that the roommates and food truck guy have been cleared, but it does seem like they don't have much else to go on. Hopefully the email tips will lead to something.
Someone should tell that to FOX News.

As of this evening, they were still stating that the two unharmed roommates were "suspects."

Plenty of loners out there who live alone at 22, 23 and don't raise alarm bells.

If it is someone who is entirely unknown to the town or the victims, could have been someone driving around just looking for a target home. Maybe they liked the seclusion of the back entrance compared to the apartment buildings and other houses around there. It offers a lot more privacy because of the lack of windows facing a street or neighbor. House is also set back from the street and trees obscure the side facing the apartment building.

GSK used to target a specific model of home in CA known for having most of the windows facing the back of the home and the kitchen in the front. Many houses had drainage ditches behind them or large backyards. Easy to come and go on foot without being seen. If you use Google Street views for the Moscow home, there's a kind of ridge that you climb behind their patio area and you come upon another road (Walenta). Anyone could park up there or in a nearby spot and walk over that ridge and come down through the treeline to their back patio and I doubt anyone ever would have seen.
Since the neighbors had a ring camera and it had video of the victims arriving in an Uber this leads me to believe the perp Did not arrive or leave in a car , he did so by foot .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1