ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. just a theory (delete if not allowed). What if they wronged a dealer of sorts. I know family is saying it has nothing to do with drugs or anything but when I was in college, I did things my mom STILL doesn't know about. I'm also not saying their frequent drug users or anything either, but college is a crazy time.
Just a theory. It would make sense why the two other roommates weren't harmed as well as the dog. And why the police initially stated there was no threat to the public.
MOO
This isn’t the movies and wildly implausible.
I have no drug dealer experience, but IMO a drug dealer would shoot them.
I explained this in great detail in another comment, but no, it just logistically doesn’t make sense from the “drug addict/dealer” viewpoint. I have over 20 years experience personally and nearly 8 years clean now (01/08/15).

I have no drug dealer experience, but IMO a drug dealer would shoot them.
In my observation, yes, drug disputes are rarely overkills. This doesn’t feel like a business dispute. I query what knowledge I have and I ask myself, as a reasonably intensive reader and student of history: can I remember an American multiple murder that (a) wasn’t DV and (b) wasn’t mass random shooting and (c) wasn’t sexually motivated? I can’t, personally. This meets a and b. My opinion is that it likely violates c.

I think the killer is someone who was stalking the women who lived in this house, possibly for a short length of time (only a couple of weeks or months).

I think they are not a local, are someone who moved through (and is possibly gone) and that they were stalking them by hiding in the woods and gathering information about comings and goings at the house.

I think this perpetrator has stabbed a human with a knife (the same knife) before and knew how to do it.

I think they're a physically strong person, but they may not look physically strong (i.e. might be skinny/thick muscular or as opposed to overtly muscular build). I think the build enables them to not stand out (very muscular people get noticed).

I think the women were aware of his presence but couldn't identify him/never saw him well and maybe couldn't even be 'sure' he was stalking them vs. being in the wooded area for some other reason (drugs, call of nature, etc.), but that in their hearts, they knew he was a danger to them.

I am curious whether "J" is a neighbor who lives nearby who also knew about the lurker and said, "call me if you ever have a problem."

Last edited:
A couple unrelated thoughts:

1. <modsnip - posting rumors is a violation of TOS>

2. I think Kaylee and Madison were the targets or maybe all four of them, but one thing I noticed about Xana, which no one else seems to have mentioned as far as I’ve seen, is that her father said something like she was doing so much better this year because of Ethan. It made it sound like there was trouble before this year, maybe a toxic relationship?

3. IF a killer was going to pick a town and area to do something like this, Moscow is probably a decent one. There likely aren’t cameras everywhere like you’d find in more, shall I say, modern places, and as others have noted there are wooded areas that would make approach and leaving easier (or surveillance). I’m sure it’s not the only college town that fits this bill but it’s gotta be up there

Last edited by a moderator:
I would probably agree, except what the Chief actually said was:

"Based on details at the scene, we believe this was an isolated, targeted attack on our victims."

Obviously, as nothing appeared to be missing it's a good indication that they were there to harm/kill someone that night.

That doesn't explain why LE thought this was an isolated attack. What were the details at the scene that made them come to that conclusion?

For all they know this could have been someone on a killing spree.

So, I'm curious to know what he meant by that comment also.
Since this was a horrific crime scene, that is indicative of targeted murders.

Last edited:
11/18/22
WE GO LIVE AT 10:30 EASTERN.
We will discuss what is happening in the investigation into the death of 4 students in Idaho
Joseph Scott Morgan will be here next week to discuss Debbie Collier. I have a quick message from him I will share with you.
Theranos founder is now a convicted felon and will serve over 11 years. Wait until you hear what people who support her are saying.
See you at 10:30 Eastern.
Bringing this up

True. I just think it's highly unlikely a drug dealer is breaking into someone's house and stabbing four people to death. But again, I don't have a lot of experience with this
From what I've read in the news (reputable sources), there are some gangs that will use knives, swords, machetes, etc. to torture victims (or to scare/punish victims' relatives/friends) in relation to drug deals, especially if they owe(d) or cost the gang money.

This seems less likely to be about drugs, IMO.

Sadly, I think it's a random stalker.

I think these girls are smart and savvy enough that if they thought there was a real danger in the house at 2:30am, they would have called 911 and not a boyfriend. I think instead after a big night out K wanted to call her boyfriend. When he didn't answer, she asked her friend to call him to see if he was ignoring her. So M called him too. They may at that point have decided to just go to bed not knowing what was about to happen.

This exact scene plays out among 18-25 year old women every night. I confess to having been the desperate dialer, the reassuring best friend, and even the recipient at various points in college and young adulthood. I don't see any other reason why anyone would call him over an extended period of time. They would have had plenty of time to call 911 even to do a hang-up triggering a welfare check during the first minute if they knew something was wrong.

Unfortunately it leads me to think they were ambushed after 3am.

Last edited:
I don't have much to add, aside from IMO the room mates have absolutely 0 to do with this. Judging from SM, all girls were extremely close. I think it's unfair of LE to make it seem like they might be suspects. But that's just my opinion.

Mostly I'm just mad that this happened to these kids. I just read Ethan's obituary. Everything I've seen on SM and everything I've read about these kids just makes them sound like fantastic young people. Just good humans. Your typical college kids enjoying their early 20s. I hate that this happened to them.

It's so hard to watch the video of Kaylee and Madison knowing what was about to happen. They just seem like sweet college girls living their lives and having a good time. It makes me so sad that someone could completely ruin so many lives like that. It's just senseless. I hope they catch the perp ASAP. It's so heartbreaking. I really can't get them out of of my mind. It's just a tragic situation.

"It was Xanas home and she was just the most welcoming and kind person that I had ever known. A lot of people came in and out of that house just because of how kind all four of them were… this is something that has truly rocked our community."

Fitzgerald said the cellar door, one of two main entry points, was frequently used to enter the home.

"Most frequently, people used the door that was located on the basement, and then you took a set of stairs to get to the main floor," she said.

"When I would go there, the code wouldn't be activated, so we could just open the door and get in."

I think people are way over thinking the knife. It takes no skill to stab four people with a knife like this, just brute strength and no conscience. Field dressing animals, butchering, etc. is precise. Also, these types of knives are very common and can be purchased anywhere from online to your local sporting goods store or pawn shop. I believe the two sadistic teens who killed Cassie Jo Stoddart in what they dubbed The Scream Murders had an older friend purchase similar knives from a pawn shop to commit their crime.

Another possibility: A neighbor who watches the house. Knows when they come and go. But possibly not a student. I don’t think they were involved in dealing. But from my own personal experience, a neighbor stumbled upon my legal grow. He’s a watcher. He stole last year and tried this year. He watches. Watching my house has become his hobby. The houses are staggered, but so easy to watch. For whatever reason, perhaps someone was watching.

I am curious whether "J" is a neighbor who lives nearby who also knew about the lurker and said, "call me if you ever have a problem."
Snipped. While we cannot discuss third parties, if you take a look at Kaylee's instagram and find photos with a guy, the comments may help with who the guy mentioned by Kaylee's sister is

I personally sleep with my AirPods in and YouTube premium running most nights.
I've fallen asleep with mine in also. Plus when I was going to college I lived at home but often would stay at friends who lived in the dorms or sorority and frat houses....there was always all kinds of noises. You kinda learned to ignore them. Thinking about it now I feel awful cause maybe if someone heard or responded to them the outcome would have been different. Im still trying to get information about this, I actually only just found out a little while ago. Im trying to figure out where to get the most info.. credible info.

I also thought this widened their search efforts tremendously because all students they want to talk too, which probably is a lot, have spread out to their family homes. I wonder if other LE's will help with the process of interviewing ppl in their jurisdiction. Do you think they will hold a DNA swab event to get some forensics? Poor timing b4 a holiday for this to occur but I have thought maybe it was planned for this reason only by the sp(s). JMO

Are ‘DNA swab events” done in the United States, in connection with criminal investigation? I’d think that the concept would run afoul of various Constitutional amendments.

MOO

Are ‘DNA swab events” done in the United States, in connection with criminal investigation? I’d think that the concept would run afoul of various Constitutional amendments.

MOO
On a voluntarily basis it can be done here unless they get a warrant for named individuals. There will be a lot of DNA/fingerprints in that house, IMO, with all the visitors of the residents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper