ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the article! Did you see where the coroner said “I don’t think I’ve had another death by stabbing,” she added.” They need to bring in a coroner with more experience if she has never done an autopsy on a stabbing victim. The defense will have a field day with her during trial.

Also someone needs to tell her to keep quiet!!
Ohhhb I looked for this quote of hers forever yesterday! I knew I had heard that! Yes! makes you wonder how she knows what she is discussing. Hmmm

EXACTLY. This person somehow was able to stab 4 people and every one of their victims died. Stabbing is inexact - except when you have done it enough to be more exacting with it.

This just does not seem like this person's first murder(s) by knife. They have done it before.
Are there a lot of unsolved cases with similar wounds? Seems like it would make the news.

Thanks @wrytergirl and a couple others who answered my dumb question- of course it is likely "party" in this scenario just means person and not an actual "private party"! I think the sleep deprivation from being glued to my phone/computer since Sunday is beginning to set in. :eek:

To me it’s a link. A young man in my area was murdered at Panther Fall’s VA. Outside of a small town. His story is sadly on here. His body was removed from area for several months and then returned with severed wrists and ankles. It’s one thing to stab one person, it’s another to stab 4. Multiple stabbings happen in the US, but it’s also unusual for it to go beyond 1 persoEven ven

I STRONGLY disagree with this analysis.

Brute strength is required, as is lack of conscience, for sure.

But I imagine this also requiring a considerable amount of skill to definitively kill 4 people with a knife.

How many times have you tried to do something (for which you lacked skill) 4 times and failed at least one of those times? hobby

In what profession or hobby do you practice the skill of stabbing? If the bodies were I've field dressed plenty of animals but that wouldn't make me any more skilled at stabbing for humans to death. You don't have to have ever played baseball to kill someone with a bat and you don't need to be a doctor

I STRONGLY disagree with this analysis.

Brute strength is required, as is lack of conscience, for sure.

But I imagine this also requiring a considerable amount of skill to definitively kill 4 people with a knife.

How many times have you tried to do something (for which you lacked skill) 4 times and failed at least one of those times?
In what profession or hobby do you practice stabbing?

If the bodies had been precisely cut up I might agree with you but they weren't.

I've filed dressed my share of animals and it wouldn't make me anymore skilled at stabbing 4 people to death.

If you never played baseball it doesn't mean you couldn't kill 4 sleeping people with a bat.

so, is the killer reading/watching the news and feeling special or is the killer back to some mundane existence- doing a job, feeding kids, or is the killer nervous and feeling the heat?
It depends on why he killed. I’m not being flippant regarding this answer.

Earlier in this thread, I postulated about serial killers and their subtypes.

Given the information we have right at this moment, in my opinion and in theory, he could be a thrill-killer which is just about worst case scenario for the victims and LE because of the seeming randomness of them. The only thing we can hope for, if he is a thrill killer is that he was very disorganized and has a lower IQ — according to FBI forensic profilers.

I wish they used more specific terms instead of "private party". I don't think we can rule out anything with that term as it could mean something different to everyone.

Alivia Goncalves - “I found neighbors’ ring camera footage so that I could verify that the Uber driver took them home,” she tells Inside Edition.

**Update** Through further investigation, MPD learned Kaylee and Madison used a private party for a ride home from Grub Truck at approximately 1:40 a.m.

per MPD
Snipped from release —

“At the time of this release, detectives have received nearly 500 tips which are being processed, investigated, and cleared. Thirty-eight interviews have been conducted with individuals who may have information about the murders.”

Only 500 tips? And 38 interviews? I know a lot of students probably went home and can’t be interviewed officially, but only 500 tips seems low, especially this being such a nationally known case now. IMO

My theory atm is every type of perp is on the table as far as stranger vs. known to victim(s), and everything in between. The possibilities are endless right now, imo.
Agreed.

I realize that in the absence of facts, we are left to speculate. However, having read through a majority of the post in this thread, I’m surprised by the number of theories presented as if they were the only rational conclusion, despite the limited number of known facts. Especially interesting are the theories that continue to be promoted despite evidence to the contrary.

“I don’t care that the coroner determined the COD to be the result of stabbing by a sharp edged instrument, the stab wounds must have covered the bullet holes.”*

*This example is entirely a figment of my imagination. Any similarity to an actual post is strictly coincidental.

I've been wondering alone this line of thinking too. That maybe it was more a Xana and Ethan target, akin to the "lover's lane" type murders. Jealousy over "young love", rage at happy "young" people having something the killer perceived they deserved,but didn't have.

MOO
But, the other two were asleep in their rooms. If they were asleep, why kill them?

Wouldn't shock me it was someone manic on meth.

I believe it was premeditated targeted murder. I also think the killer was more than likely was targeting M or K, or both. I don't think the killer went in the house expecting to kill 4 people though.
But manic on meth and premeditated targeted murder don't go together. One is messy and spontaneous and rooted in someone not being of sound mind and the other is someone planning and organizing.

I'm wondering if someone was targeting either M or K and had been in the house before. The person gained access to the house that night, knew which room M or K slept in and ambushed M or K when they walked in to the room. The rest was a cascading series of people being the wrong place at the wrong time and/or trying to help the initial victims. JMO.

I think private party means not a taxi, uber or lyft but someone's personal vehicle. So who was it? is the obvious question.

Whoever it is hasn't been publicly cleared yet. From the update, it is just the two roommates and the food truck guy who are considered to be not involved.

And yet they have known for a while that a driver took them home.

Wow, that seems like it could be significant. So strange that they only know this now.
A reporter said Kaylee’s sister Alivea tracked down the Uber driver as she had found ring camera footage from a neighbour to verify that the Uber did drop Kaylee and Maddie off at home. You can see K’s sisters interview at the link below here.

Last edited:
In what profession or hobby do you practice stabbing?

If the bodies had been precisely cut up I might agree with you but they weren't.

I've filed dressed my share of animals and it wouldn't make me anymore skilled at stabbing 4 people to death.

If you never played baseball it doesn't mean you couldn't kill 4 sleeping people with a bat.
I don't think it's a hobby. I think this is a serial killer who's killed in this manner before.

New, first post. I've read through all posts since #1. I'm wondering if perhaps the two roommates on the ground level that survived got up Sunday morning, dressed and together went out through the ground floor door for brunch, meet up with some friends, etc, without going up to the second floor. So they were totally unaware of what had happened. Then they came home, went inside from the ground floor, and headed up to the second floor and discovered Ethan on the floor, and in shock called 911.
First post too! This would be really wild, but could one of the surviving roommates have been the unconscious party? It would explain why there’s no crime scene evident on the first floor when 911 call place and when they arrive and roommates don’t appear why everyone grows alarmed. Unsure why/how roommate(s) would be unconscious but could explain why LE hasn’t cleared them either.

EXACTLY. This person somehow was able to stab 4 people and every one of their victims died. Stabbing is inexact - except when you have done it enough to be more exacting with it.

This just does not seem like this person's first murder(s) by knife. They have done it before.
I don't think it's a hobby. I think this is a serial killer who's killed in this manner before.
IMO the killer had to have known the general area of where to stab a person to kill but might not have committed a murder before. A 22 year old was stabbed two blocks from my house last summer and died. He was at an air bnb party and stabbed three times with a kitchen knife by a stranger that was 18. two of the three stabs were deemed fatal stabs. the kid that stabbed him had no prior murder “experience” and didn’t bring the weapon to the house/it wasn’t his - he just took it from the kitchen. he didn’t have prior experience but clearly knew a longer knife stabbed into areas with major arteries would accomplish his plan. I agree with “what are the odds of someone getting this accurate with four people” but…the killer definitely knew the major arteries whether he killed before or not.

I'm wondering if someone was targeting either M or K and had been in the house before. The person gained access to the house that night, knew which room M or K slept in and ambushed M or K when they walked in to the room. The rest was a cascading series of people being the wrong place at the wrong time and/or trying to help the initial victims. JMO.

I will be surprised if it is not someone they knew or knew of. I don't think it will be a serial killer, but I have been wrong before. I tend to think it's someone who had been in the house before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95