ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is mind-boggling to me that police supposedly waited 9 days to review security footage from businesses in the area.
Completely blows my mind as well, small town, mentioned it much earlier, first presser should have been that afternoon with plea to everyone in community, surrounding 30 mile radius, review/save your ring/CCTV from day prior to day of. I think first Presser was 3 days after which IMO was a little late for a simple suggestion. No intent here to criticize LE just a timing question. AMOO..

One thing that has puzzled me regarding K’s last calls to J. K’s mom said in an interview “We believe that she was just calling him to come over”. Doesn’t J live 4/5 hours away from Moscow? It’s not like it’s a 20 minute drive. Always seemed a little off.

MOO, this Elentra is the killer's car. I think back to them saying "sometimes it's what you don't see." IF I were the driver of a white Elentra and I had been on that street at 3am November 13th and it was for a completely innocent reason, I would have already spoken to the police. Anyone who knows someone with that car in that area would have come forward. This is a small town, everyone knows they are looking for this car. The only reason not to come forward is because they have something to hide. Again, just opinion, but seems logical to me.

Areas of note in the neighborhood to the north and east of the gas station:
-several apartment complexes
-tons of farmland
-a couple storage units
-many smaller duplex and trailer-type homes that could offer lower rental costs to students

I'll try to answer this. In order to get all pings from a tower, you must request records from each carrier that is using that tower. From there, you could theoretically do reverse searches but not sure how feasible it would be.
Hope that helps.
That does help, thank you. I just wondered if a flurry of cellular traffic during these times may add to any ideas they are considering. But it'd take a while and may not produce anything anyway.

MOO, this Elentra is the killer's car. I think back to them saying "sometimes it's what you don't see." IF I were the driver of a white Elentra and I had been on that street at 3am November 13th and it was for a completely innocent reason, I would have already spoken to the police. Anyone who knows someone with that car in that area would have come forward. This is a small town, everyone knows they are looking for this car. The only reason not to come forward is because they have something to hide. Again, just opinion, but seems logical to me.
I completely agree.
The "sometimes it's what you don't see" comment could also be in reference to this car being gone during that time of the night when it is normally home parked OR the person that owns this car is all of a sudden using a different car to do their daily commuting.

LE cleared the person who I think is responsible. Actually at the first presser they said he is cleared. IMO in a crime of this magnitude LE should not clear potential suspects at a press conference so early in the investigation. It must be someone else I guess. I just can't find any suspects that match the known evidence.

And my thinking is just the opposite. IMO, bag up the bloody clothes, knife or whatever and then dump it in a dumpster a dozen miles from the crime scene. Preferably one that's fairly full of messy stuff - restaurant maybe - and that you know will be emptied soon. Even better if the trash goes to an incinerator rather than a landfill. No way I'm bringing evidence back to my house.
I'll go with incinerator for 1,000. But trash dumps - I would want more control than that.

If the bars in Moscow close at 2 a.m., I think most employees would leave work before 3-4 a.m.
I worked at a bar in college (in a small college town) and we closed at 3am. I usually didn't get home until sometime between 4-5am. 3 is when we closed, 3:30 is when anyone still finishing a drink was kicked out, then we all had to help with cleaning, counting money, etc. It meant we were always there a minimum of 1 hour after closing.

I agree--not too bright to dump extremely bloody/soaked DNA laden clothes anywhere in Moscow and I imagine they'd bury them or burn them many miles from any town.
probably could be destroyed at the same time as the car. lots of open area out there. Torch the interior of the car and everything, but no intact evidence left, and the knife has to go. jmo jic.

Yes, I commented on this too, I think anyone with any common sense knows how important CCTV camera footage is to get ASAP after the crime. Good for you scoping out how many gas stations are in the Moscow area, of course I'd think they'd go to ANY business in a likely escape area as well.

I would have hoped and I hope in future that it will be SOP to send a simple letter to all businesses at least surrounding major arteries in and out of town to maintain footage. Is early and I can't come up with the right wording - but a simple letter wouldn't be too hard to send out

Completely blows my mind as well, small town, mentioned it much earlier, first presser should have been that afternoon with plea to everyone in community, surrounding 30 mile radius, review/save your ring/CCTV from day prior to day of. I think first Presser was 3 days after which IMO was a little late for a simple suggestion. No intent here to criticize LE just a timing question. AMOO..
We should not be assuming where the gas station that this new video was located.

IT could have been miles away but still on a potential route of suspect with times that would match up when the crimes were committed and when it is seen on the new video.
For example : Woman works at a gas station in Cheney ,WA approx 1 1/2hrs away decided to check her cams from 430-530am. Find this car go by and alerts police.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove