ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent Otto!

And if that car’s involved, he’s taking a circuitous path.

Impulsive turns?
According to police, the murders occurred between 3-4 AM, and they are interested in a car that was in the area at the time of the murders.

Given the direction of the car, either he was driving to the murders, which throws off police timeline, or he took a circuitous path from the house to Troy Road/ Hwy 8 after the murders.

Which way did he go after he passed the Mobil gas station?

View attachment 387280

Valid question - I looked the gas station up on Google Maps, and it's a a strange layout, with the gas pumps to the west, yet the entrance the the station appears to be to the north. So I think it's a question of where, logically, would the cameras face? Quite possible they have multiples set up...watching the pumps? The road (for anyone stealing/robbing the place on the way out)? Somewhere else (out back)? Or all of the above?

You can get a street view there too. Based on the pics we have of the car, and the direction the cameras would logically be facing, it's either traveling SE on Troy Rd., or west on White Ave. Troy Rd/8 would align to what we know so far.

ETA: based on this, I'm speculating that the video of the car (if it's even related at all), is away from the address of the murders.

1670986498414.png
1670986556480.png

Why would the car be traveling west at 3:45 AM at speed ? It should have been traveling away from Moscow at speed.

We don’t know where he was going.

Unknown Destination. Assumption has been immediately flee Moscow.

Then you driving distance in bloody clothes, maybe bloody hands. Touch face, bloody face.

If this was a impulsive attack, leaving all your stuff behind us going to raise flags.

I think it's possible that the suspect did not get rid of his knife. It sounds like an unusual knife, more like a tool that could be used in hunting, for example. People become attached to some knives, more so when they hold memories.

This was targeted/ planned, so it could be his personal knife, not something he would throw away. In fact, throwing it away might make it worse - especially if someone recognized his knife.
Definitely more than likely to still be in possession of the knife. That’s the last thing they would want to part with. MOO

*If only we had CCTV like the UK has used for years. Remember the Scotland airport terrorist? How MI6 and Scotland Yard was able to track them down in real time using those millions of state of the art extensive CCTV CAMERAS all over almost every inch of the country. They have a reported 5.2 million in use, which is 1 camera for every 13 people. Why they even utilize speed cameras on the roadways. They literally solve and prevent a LOT of crime.

Last edited:
Could someone summarize this part of the Abrams Law and Crime article that was posted on here...I just don't get what it is trying to say!
"
An image of the car, from the footage, can be seen reflected onto an image of a cellular phone and shows a white car driving at night – clearly denoted by its strong and visible headlights."

It's the part about the image of a cell phone. How is a cell phone involved..?
IMO, she took a pic of the video to send in as a tip...

You can tell in the picture of the car that someone is holding a phone up to a screen to take said picture. There is a reflection of the phone they are using to take the picture, off of the screen they are taking a picture of.
I must have missed that picture then. Do I understand correctly that someone took a picture of the gas station footage as it was playing on a computer screen ?

Then you driving distance in bloody clothes, maybe bloody hands. Touch face, bloody face.

If this was a impulsive attack, leaving all your stuff behind us going to raise flags.
The image take from the gas station implies the car was traveling south east on Troy Rd

IF coming from the direction of Safeway (per gas station night manager) there are several places a perp could dump evidence in that area. IMO. We also have to remember IF this car driver is the perp imagine the adrenaline running through that person's body. Could be why they didn't take a 'direct route' for arguments sake.

Attachments

• paint.png
    paint.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 42
Second time LE visted the station. Hope they mention this in tomorrow press release.

'I was just sitting here on the graveyard shift, really bored, and I decided to look through the surveillance footage,' the overnight manager said. 'I just thought I would find something. I'm really intuitive.'

She added that Tuesday morning actually marked the second time police have been by the Mobil station to look at the video.

Investigators also pulled video footage from a 76 gas station on Main Street just down the road from the police headquarters on the day after the murders.

The Moscow Police did not immediately respond to an inquiry about the footage.

It’s two minutes to 76 Gas Station from house and another two minutes from there to the Troy Rd Mobil.

The car is not going in a consistent direction, assuming it’s THE car.

MOO.

@samanthadaniels1995 Are you referring to the coroner in this case? She is not a licensed MD. The autopsies were done by an Medical Examiner/MD in Spokane, WA.
I hope it's okay to piggyback onto your comment, sleepingmonkey. Just wanted to add that since the toxicology report has not yet been completed as yet, no autopsy report is complete or available until those results come back. (At least that's MY understanding but correct me if I'm wrong, please)

I must have missed that picture then. Do I understand correctly that someone took a picture of the gas station footage as it was playing on a computer screen ?
I believe that is what happened, yes, but have not seen that confirmed in those exact words. Picture can be found at the link, under the video at the top and first ad

The image take from the gas station implies the car was traveling south east on Troy Rd

Definitely more than likely to still be in possession of the knife. That’s the last thing they would want to part with. MOO
There was a cold case from 1974 recently solved in my home town. LE found the magazine from the firearm at the scene during the initial investigation. The killer had been questioned back in 1974 because he was a registered owner of that specific gun and claimed it had been stolen during a fishing trip.
The killer still had the gun used in the assault hidden in a box in his attic 47 years later. There is an attachment to these items for killers I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003