ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could someone summarize this part of the Abrams Law and Crime article that was posted on here...I just don't get what it is trying to say!
"
An image of the car, from the footage, can be seen reflected onto an image of a cellular phone and shows a white car driving at night – clearly denoted by its strong and visible headlights."

It's the part about the image of a cell phone. How is a cell phone involved..?
I’m guessing the lady who was reviewing the cctcv footage took a pic of the screen shot of the car with her phone before handing over the footage to the police so now we have her photo of a photo perhaps? MOO

I believe the only info we have is the clerk saying it was traveling on 8, not White Ave. That makes the most sense to me, as assuming the direction their cameras would have been facing, it seems logical. If it was on White, it made some sort of loop to the south of the gas station then back around again on the north side...which, logically (maybe I'm too logical) makes no sense.
I missed that article - do you have a link handy? I'll look too. Does it say which direction the vehicle was traveling on Hwy 8/Troy Rd.?

It's either westbound on White Avenue, or ??

Unless something has changed today, I've always seen the estimated time frame from LE as 3 to 4. MOO
Thank you, I am trying to figure out how LE came up with that 4am time. I understand that the coroner can estimate a TOD. But 3am to 4am seems awful tight. The 911 call came almost 9 hours later so why 4am? Just seems odd to me, unless I'm missing something.

Interpreting from a map, turned off of hwy 8. Meaning on to White Ave. That would mean, turning on White Ave before reaching the gas station and the image of the car would be traveling toward the right.
She indicates it’s going WEST on White Ave

That means towards Rt 8 intersection.

From there, it goes down a sidestreet off RT 8. That has to be close

MOO

I hope there is more to the white hyundai story than it going by a gas station. I mean by looking at the maps it looks like it is speeding towards the crime scene. Surely there is something else? Reminds me of the time they were looking for a white van in the DC sniper case all the while the perps were stopped multiple times in a car that was under the radar.

They spoke to her.

DM spoke to her. That’s where they got White Ave.

“An overnight assistant at the Mobil station on White Avenue and Highway 8 told DailyMail.com”

First let's note that The White Car was travel .... And DM may have assumed "White Ave". The image does not correspond to that statement.

Then let's compare that to Fox's quote Screenshot_20221213-213643.png

Good Lord. That gas clerk said she didn’t want to give her name because the killer is still loose, but they gave the name and address of the gas station? And said she’s the overnight manager????
IMO....Thats why the Gas station is secured with tape etc, the attendant is a potential witness and camera set up and the CCTV footage is evidence - so perhaps the LE are 'securing' evidence and the people who have obtained it???? Given the publicity surrounding this crime IMO I would think this woman should be in witness protection...

As per Daily Mail, the attendant at the petrol station said she saw it travelling down White Ave. Looking at street view on Google of the petrol station, and taking into consideration that the image of the white car was directly in front of the camera that caught it and not at any type of angle, I’m going to guess that the camera that caught the footage is on the actual shop part of the station (not at the petrol bowsers) and is facing straight out onto White Ave. The next thing the attendant did is that the car turned down a side street… I would assume the reach from the cameras wouldn’t be all that far, so that leads me to Hanson Ave.

What does everyone else think? I could be totally off the mark but I can’t come to any other conclusion from what the attendant has said. Would love everyone’s input.

I’ve attached an image. Circled in yellow the part of the petrol station I believe the camera is situated and the 2 red lines are where I think the car and camera intersected and the image is taken from. Hansen Ave circled for reference also.

Attachments

• 49735372-C831-490E-9901-CAA781DE205D.jpeg
    49735372-C831-490E-9901-CAA781DE205D.jpeg
    164.6 KB · Views: 75
I have a few observations about the case that may have been discussed already. The couple who was at the Frat party at 8pm and didn't come home til 2am, there is a gap of time with them correct? On the whereabouts? Why not look at phone map data, has to be some answers there. Also I noticed one of the girls in the food truck video never looked at a phone the whole time she waited for food while her friend was on her phone the whole time. Had she lost her phone? Who made the phone calls later that night to the guy?

I missed that article - do you have a link handy? I'll look too. Does it say which direction the vehicle was traveling on Hwy 8/Troy Rd.?

It is in the bolded at the top of article.
Weird. They are having an outage at this gas station right now. Computers and gas are down.

She indicates it’s going WEST on White Ave

That means towards Rt 8 intersection.

From there, it goes down a sidestreet off RT 8. That has to be close

MOO
Where did she say traveling west on White Ave. The station is south of White Ave. The image would imply the car was traveling West but let's just state that there is a contradictory statement from both news groups

Thank you, I am trying to figure out how LE came up with that 4am time. I understand that the coroner can estimate a TOD. But 3am to 4am seems awful tight. The 911 call came almost 9 hours later so why 4am? Just seems odd to me, unless I'm missing something.
That’s a great point. Small, small window

it doesn’t say a direction.

Real quickly went by and then took a side street off Rt. 8

-

A cellphone photo of a computer screen showing a white car on Highway 8 in Moscow, Idaho, around 3:45 a.m. on Nov. 13, according to a clerk who found it while reviewing security footage. (Fox News Digital)
The car drove by "real quick," she said, and turned down a side street off Highway 8.

fox news source , sorry if already posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
disturbedprincess6