ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m a little behind so I apologize if I’m repeating anyone but omg! If this type of footage in this clarity is available for the night in question and the white car shows up, and if there is indeed a license plate there will be no question in locating it. Also not question, MOO, if there is one camera like this in Moscow, there must be more.

Excellent work!!
This camera is located in Moscow. There are a bunch of other Idaho Dept. of Transportation traffic cameras in Moscow, including one on the intersection of Palouse River Dr. and 95. It does not appear that the Idaho DOT makes the camera archives available to the public, but I would hope they have their own archive that LE can access (I would assume police would have already reviewed these early on the investigation, but it seems odd that if that were the case it would take nearly a month for them to identify a car of interest, MOO).

I recall seeing some drone footage that had a white sedan adjacent to the 2nd floor balcony. it looked as though someone was sitting in the car. Also had the stools in/near the sliding glass door track. I'm not much for sleuthing, just enjoy reading the posts.
The stools in the track still puzzle me, curious! Could they not bring a stick in to block the slide (contaminate the scene), was the door off the tracks, and more ideas of why they stools. Any guesses on your part?

source:

Good question!
My guess: they needed time to actually get/download/copy the video evidence so they shut the station down. But that's just a guess. Possibly to ward off any other people/locals coming in and making further assumptions as to their reason for visiting and/or speculating on what's going on there?

Good job

Go to end of the blue line on the Right, 802 Troy, I think. That gas station employee has the car speeding on White Ave back towards the blue line. Car is moving from White Ave towards Rt 8 (also called Troy Rd).

Per the Daily Mail article, let me find that.

The car she saw is coming from the direction of the Safeway, on your map. Traveling West on White Ave.

We don’t know his immediate priority.
LIke this? Did he go North or South on Troy?

1670985120546.png

To me, begs the question- even though they asked everyone with a camera or phone at that time to bring video to police- didn’t they go around to get it from any grocery store, convenience store, gas station, especially near a highway? We‘Re not talking about Miami- it’s a small town. Not that many places to go ask for video before it’s recorded over! I don’t understand how a month later they’re just getting video. I do understand that they didn’t announce about the white car until recently, but I’m talking about just getting all recordings from all those kinds of establishments at that time of the morning from all of them to sit and go through them. Look to see was anyone speeding off Or any cars out at that time. Between 3-5 am, not many cars out. I can’t believe if that was not done
It seems almost like a spectacle, doesn’t it? In 2022 do police not have the capabilities of downloading video footage in any other way than to put up crime scene tape and enter the building? I am honestly asking because I don’t know.
But they said they have received so many tips and digital evidence but for some reason this one picture taken from someone’s phone shows up all over the internet at the same time the story comes out that police have obtained hours of footage from that store?
It just reminds me of celebrities who stage paparazzi photos. Is this strategic?

The car she saw is coming from the direction of the Safeway, on your map. Traveling West on White Ave.

We don’t know his immediate priority.
RSBM.

From the direction of Safeway back towards Troy Rd. Look at what is near Safeway. A cemetary. That'd be dark and private place to dump weapon and or get changed, no!?

moscow.png

The stools in the track still puzzle me, curious! Could they not bring a stick in to block the slide (contaminate the scene), was the door off the tracks, and more ideas of why they stools. Any guesses on your part?
I have a guess, maybe not a "good" guess.
I was thinking that maybe they removed the lock on that door to take it to the lab to examine it for toolmarks etc. Thus they needed to secure the crime scene. The chairs were handy.

Does anyone have information about the road the white car was on when the video image was captured. The attendant mentioned the car traveled on rt 8 and then turned off shortly after.

That may imply the car was on rt 8 on one side of the gas station and then turned the corner off of rt 8, and on the other side of the gas station.

Knowing what road the car was on when the image was taken.

It seems that most gas stations on rt 8 are on the North side.

If the image was taken as the car turned off rt 8, then it would be going north 8n either case.

If the image was taken while it was on rt 8, then the Exon Station east of 95 on rt 8 would correspond to the direction the car was traveling on rt 8.

Then, we are given the car turned off of route 8 shortly after passing the station. Did it go north or south ?

So which road would help
Westbound on White Avenue towards Troy Road, also known as Hwy 8.

"An overnight assistant at the Mobil station on White Avenue and Highway 8 told DailyMail.com she may have spotted the white Hyundai Elantra that police believe is connected to the fatal stabbings speeding away from the scene.

She said she spent days poring over surveillance footage from the night of November 13 before she spotted a white sedan traveling westbound on White Avenue at around 3.45am the night of the murder before turning down a side street."

DailyMail

Does anyone have information about the road the white car was on when the video image was captured. The attendant mentioned the car traveled on rt 8 and then turned off shortly after.

That may imply the car was on rt 8 on one side of the gas station and then turned the corner off of rt 8, and on the other side of the gas station.

Knowing what road the car was on when the image was taken.

It seems that most gas stations on rt 8 are on the North side.

If the image was taken as the car turned off rt 8, then it would be going north 8n either case.

If the image was taken while it was on rt 8, then the Exon Station east of 95 on rt 8 would correspond to the direction the car was traveling on rt 8.

Then, we are given the car turned off of route 8 shortly after passing the station. Did it go north or south ?

So which road would help
Per the Daily Mail Article, she saw it going West on White Ave. Therefore, it’s possible the picture of the car is on White Ave.

It’s White Ave on one side of Rt 8 and Styner on the other side.

-

The stools were just weird! They've been discussed ad nauseum, nothing more I can think to add as I sit here wondering why I don't have a bar lock on my slider.

"An overnight assistant at the Mobil station on White Avenue and Highway 8 told DailyMail.com she may have spotted the white Hyundai Elantra that police believe is connected to the fatal stabbings speeding away from the scene.

She said she spent days poring over surveillance footage from the night of November 13 before she spotted a white sedan traveling westbound on White Avenue at around 3.45am the night of the murder before turning down a side street."

DailyMail
Excellent Otto!

And if that car’s involved, he’s taking a circuitous path.

Impulsive turns?

It seems almost like a spectacle, doesn’t it? In 2022 do police not have the capabilities of downloading video footage in any other way than to put up crime scene tape and enter the building? I am honestly asking because I don’t know.
But they said they have received so many tips and digital evidence but for some reason this one picture taken from someone’s phone shows up all over the internet at the same time the story comes out that police have obtained hours of footage from that store?
It just reminds me of celebrities who stage paparazzi photos. Is this strategic?
Agree! You expressed that very well. Lol. It’s so perplexing, it just makes me wonder if they did it on purpose to scare the killer. In fact, I’m praying that that’s the case. Praying. Because if not, wow. Just wow.

RSBM.

From the direction of Safeway back towards Troy Rd. Look at what is near Safeway. A cemetary. That'd be dark and private place to dump weapon and or get changed, no!?

View attachment 387275
Despite being a cemetery, it is in a fairly populated area of Moscow. I was over at the cemetery a few times when I lived in Moscow, and there were always folks walking around or nearby the cemetery. There's also a running/biking trail that passes by it.

DailyMail
Good Lord. That gas clerk said she didn’t want to give her name because the killer is still loose, but they gave the name and address of the gas station? And said she’s the overnight manager????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody