ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm

'"I could go on for days about the coroner," Shanon Gray added, in an exasperated tone. "Cathy Mabbutt made some personal phone calls to some of the family and released a lot of information that investigators didn't know about"

Hmmm ( means hard to take anything at face value)

Yes, I took it that way also.

Nothing in toxicology is likely to be related to proximate / immediate CoD in this case.
Further, this doesn't necessarily rule out that toxicology results might provide useful evidence to police regarding the crime, but they are not pertinent specifically to the cause/manner of death which is all the coroner can speak about.

Also, If I were a guilty party who had driven my Elantra over the border I'm not sure I'd have it up for sale in order to draw further attention. IMO, of course.
SBM

I can see the car ad: good gas mileage, minor blood stains on driver's seat.

Also, we haven't heard from the Chief yet today. We usually have our daily report by now.

Yes, thanks I thought it was open in November with temperature/weather permitting as some courses in Northeast operate, but it did close in end of October.
One more add though, Golf Superintendents work does not stop when play ends in October, they typically spend November to "put the course to bed" for the winter, which in a sense prepares it for play in the Spring, then arrive in early Spring to wake it up. I am not a grass grower but have been around the game forever. Early on looking at the proximate location to 1122 (and Botantical Gardens), the golf course parking lot, potential CCTV cameras on this prop. and Staff possibly arriving at this time of the morning as a LE area to investigate.

I don't mean to be insensitive, but I've been cautioned to not drink within 24 hours of surgery to avoid blood thinning. Could that have contributed here, in the way that the rate of incapacitation from blood loss was much quicker than usual? Would toxicology provide any insight on that?

The Fox news article included a photo of the station which had the address on the front.

Edit - the Fox article link is broken for me now so I can't verify. This is all MOO.
It has been discussed on this thread/forum and SM where this gas station is located and proximity to the crime scene to the point I've scrolled more pages than I could possibly count at this point.

Just because a news outlet uses a photograph of a gas station in an article does not automatically mean that gas station is the one they are referring too in said article.

This happens all the times in news articles.

IF someone could show me anywhere online,print or video stating the actual address or location of this gas station that this new image was taken from I would really appreciate it.

My heart aches for all of these families, but it especially aches for the family of Ethan Chapin. I can not imagine how I would react if I thought, or even suspected, that the family member of another victim might unwittingly say something that could hurt my child's case. I'm beginning to think it might be wise for all of the victims families to retain attorneys. Especially when they are all dealing with so much raw emotion.

JMO

I would tend to agree, but I feel like SG’s actions and constant publicity is making LE spend more time on PR than reviewing evidence and working the case. I know that he’s immeasurably hurt and angry, but I truly believe LE including local and federal is doing the work to solve this. And I also believe they WILL solve this.

I am disappointed that the family attorney immediately did an interview to tout to the public about how hard he was on local LE during their meeting. That makes me not trust their angle on this. Are they gearing up for a lawsuit? Why not give these professionals some time to work the case. This is not CSI with immediate results. Intertwined DNA is going to take time to isolate and without a match in a database, good old investigative work will have to be solid to find a suspect and have enough to prosecute.

I mean no disservice to SG. He’s suffering.

I don't mean to be insensitive, but I've been cautioned to not drink within 24 hours of surgery to avoid blood thinning. Could that have contributed here, in the way that the rate of incapacitation from blood loss was much quicker than usual? Would toxicology provide any insight on that?
I think if it takes 8 hours to call 911 you could probably bleed out from a bloody nose. The coroner said she doesn't expect any insight from the toxicology reports.

"They can be related to cause or manner of death, but they are not in this case," Cathy Mabbutt said of the tests that determine whether alcohol or drugs were in a person's system when they died. She added that the results are unlikely to offer any new clues for investigators.

Source

SBM

I can see the car ad: good gas mileage, minor blood stains on driver's seat.

Also, we haven't heard from the Chief yet today. We usually have our daily report by now.
I keep thinking of other cases in which killers were anxious to replace seats and get their cars detailed....wonder if anyone close by has been ordering or scavenging replacement seats...

I’m not so sure it’s a Hyundai Elantra. To me it looks like a Dodge Dart.
MY OPINION ONLY!!!!
I feel like the back-and-forth here regarding the car's make/model is likely a waste. I can only assume LE probably have more images &/or clearer images of this vehicle than the clerk's cellphone pic we are seeing. I can't imagine they would have illicitly stated *anything* about the Elantra if they weren't positive that's the car they're looking for. Especially considering how light lipped they have been about the details of this case. (at least I'd hope!)

The Elantra didn't stop there, it sped by the station
Do we know this for sure? I saw pics on Fox I think where the whole pump was dismantled. Could the car have stopped? Could be regular maintenance though but I think it was taped off... I'm behind on the thread though so maybe this was already discussed!

Because cause of death is stabbing and manner of death is homicide. That’s not going to change even if they were intoxicated or had been drugged.
I know it's far-fetched, but even experts have considered this. If some of the victims were drugged, unknowingly, then that would help LE track down who might have drugged them as part of the possible plan to kill them in their sleep. Killer entered house and roamed through house with none of the four being awake or aware enough to notice an intruder in the house, so it's wise to consider if they might've been drugged somehow.

Just MOO and thoughts.

Just because a news outlet uses a photograph of a gas station in an article does not automatically mean that gas station is the one they are referring too in said article.

This happens all the times in news articles.

IF someone could show me anywhere online,print or video stating the actual address or location of this gas station that this new image was taken from I would really appreciate it.
No problem
at about .52 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members