ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The owner of a property near the home where four University of Idaho students were slaughtered last month told Fox News Digital he turned over surveillance video showing a white car zoom by around the time of the murders.

Moscow, Idaho, detectives reached out to landlord KF Nov. 14 and asked for surveillance footage recorded from a camera perched on top of his six-unit rental building on Linda Lane, which is .3 miles from the murder scene.

"I downloaded it and gave them access to everything from 2 a.m. through noon on that Sunday the 13th,"

The car, which F described as both "white" and "light colored" traveled west on Taylor Road sometime between 2:45 a.m. and 3:15 a.m., he said. Only a side view of the car is visible in the footage.

It's unclear if the white car in the footage is the same Hyundai Elantra investigators are trying to track down.

I am trying to picture a timeline based on the assumption that this is the car investigators are interested in.
White Car seen sometime between 2.45am-3.15am heading west
Final call KG made 2:52am
White car seen near gas station (5 (?)mins away). 3.45am - presumably heading away from the premises.
Both the ‘arrival time’ and ‘departure time’ of the car (3.15am-/ 3.45am) would match with being at the house ‘between 3am-4am). This is likely the same car. I feel like an arrest could be made before Christmas

From your link:

Investigators told Francetich they planned to run the video through "their special analysis tools."
It's unclear if the white car in Francetich's footage is the same Hyundai Elantra police are trying to track down.
"Investigators are looking at it along with other things we’ve received from the public," Moscow police spokeswoman Robbie Johnson told Fox News Digital.

He [Francetich, the business owner] suspects this may have been the "third-party driver" who dropped Goncalves and Mogen off before the slayings.
Forgive me if I’m not following your post here.

The article says the business owner caught 2 different vehicles at different times and he is not saying the white one was the third party driver imo.

The car, which Francetich described as both "white" and "light colored" traveled west on Taylor Road sometime between 2:45 a.m. and 3:15 a.m., he said. Only a side view of the car is visible in the footage.

Francetich said he also noticed what looked like a sedan traveling west toward 1122 King Road at around 1:45 a.m. then head back toward the highway a few minutes later.
He suspects this may have been the "third-party driver" who dropped Goncalves and Mogen off before the slayings.

Linda Lane, where the white vehicle was seen on video is a dead end street. I'm starting to think this does have something to do with the Fraternity, Ethan and Xana and whatever may have happened that night. Where exactly is Band Field compared to Linda Lane?
I think behind the court so to speak? There was a map the page before this I believe that showed the home of the kids, so the field would be beyond that.

I get a weird vibe from this interview… not sure if it’s just this guy trying to get his 15 minutes or what. Seems strange that the girls would bring a stalker issue up to this essential stranger and odd that he brings up the Corner Club where it’s widely known they were that night. Anyone else?
Yep. Putting him on my "do not trust" list for people speaking out on this case.

0:42 Interviewer: this body cam image and the white car is this the white car investigators are looking for?

0:48 Fry: so the body cam image that is out there from an officer who was on a call with an alcohol offense does have a white vehicle in it, this is not the vehicle we are looking for so we want to clear that up with the news media.

cool but that doesn't mean that white car wasn't the car on the video.

The time range the car was caught on camera at linda lane and the police body cam are right around the same time.

One of the concerns I have read is to alert everyone with a security camera system that will overwrite the recordings after a certain amount of time. The time it takes for the public to respond to look at their system can be delayed without a significant amount of motivation. I would suggest a reward for those that do find something leading to catching the criminal on recording. Announcing instructions to owners on how to stop the recording and review their media may motivate them to take action. Provide a number for technical support or a service that would come an visit their home at the state bill. Hopefully, there is enough evidence to identify the path of the suspect.
In a sleepy little town like Moscow, I'd like to know how many ring cameras there actually are.

Forgive me if I’m not following your post here.

The article says the business owner caught 2 different vehicles at different times and he is not saying the white one was the third party driver imo.

The car, which Francetich described as both "white" and "light colored" traveled west on Taylor Road sometime between 2:45 a.m. and 3:15 a.m., he said. Only a side view of the car is visible in the footage.

Francetich said he also noticed what looked like a sedan traveling west toward 1122 King Road at around 1:45 a.m. then head back toward the highway a few minutes later.
He suspects this may have been the "third-party driver" who dropped Goncalves and Mogen off before the slayings.

Got it

At first I thought this was an attack targeting one of the third floor girls but I’ve changed my mind for many reasons…
- LE to me are indicating that E and X were not at the frat house all night, wherever they were up until 1:45am seems pertinent. I agree with a previous poster, I think E and X may have been in the car LE are looking for.
- If the killer was targeting one specific woman, I believe there would have been signs of sexual assault. - in stalker crimes etc. this is usually the case.
- I don’t think this was a well thought out crime, quite the opposite, I think the person was probably on drugs/crime of passion. The risks they took were off the charts. I also think LE probably have the killers DNA but have no matches and therefore it’s useless until they have a suspect. (I think they aren’t in custody by nothing but pure luck at this point.)
I have a feeling the suspect will turn out to be someone who wasn’t a student but partied with students and was jealous of them for many reasons… money, education, etc.
This is all totally my opinion, I could be way off.
Why do you think E & X were in the car?

cool but that doesn't mean that white car wasn't the car on the video.

The time range the car was caught on camera at linda lane and the police body cam are right around the same time.
I don’t understand.
What does this mean then?

0:48 Fry: so the body cam image that is out there from an officer who was on a call with an alcohol offense does have a white vehicle in it, this is not the vehicle we are looking for so we want to clear that up with the news media.

[edited to add link]

Linda Lane, where the white vehicle was seen on video is a dead end street. I'm starting to think this does have something to do with the Fraternity, Ethan and Xana and whatever may have happened that night. Where exactly is Band Field compared to Linda Lane?
Well, No.

The Camera is pointed to Taylor Ave and the car went Westbound on Taylor between 2:45 - 3:15 am.

The Car wasn’t on Linda Lane.

I don’t understand.
What does this mean then?

I'm saying that white car the chief is referring to and the car caught on the linda lane camera could be one and the same. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member