ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it would be appropriate for LE to ask the public to stop the recording of their security cameras, as this could jeopardize the safety of their homes and businesses and put them at risk.
I agree with your comment, however, if they are reimbursed for new media to continue the recording and for that reason offer technical assistance to change out to new media

I'm saying that white car the chief is referring to and the car caught on the linda lane camera could be one and the same. MOO.
the white vehicle is a police car. I saw an unedited version on NewsNation which showed the kids faces on TV. In the clip the officer asks why they didn’t stop. The kids say we didn’t know u were LE. Then a kid asks the officer "is that ur car?" Officer responds yes they are making use hybrids to save gas.

At first I thought this was an attack targeting one of the third floor girls but I’ve changed my mind for many reasons…
- LE to me are indicating that E and X were not at the frat house all night, wherever they were up until 1:45am seems pertinent. I agree with a previous poster, I think E and X may have been in the car LE are looking for.
- If the killer was targeting one specific woman, I believe there would have been signs of sexual assault. - in stalker crimes etc. this is usually the case.
- I don’t think this was a well thought out crime, quite the opposite, I think the person was probably on drugs/crime of passion. The risks they took were off the charts. I also think LE probably have the killers DNA but have no matches and therefore it’s useless until they have a suspect. (I think they aren’t in custody by nothing but pure luck at this point.)
I have a feeling the suspect will turn out to be someone who wasn’t a student but partied with students and was jealous of them for many reasons… money, education, etc.
This is all totally my opinion, I could be way off.
The White car they are looking for was there around 3:00am. Their interest is because it was in the immediate area of the house during the time frame of the murders.

MOO.

Interesting the car passes west towards 1122 between 245-315 but nothing more so perhaps 1 way in and different way out

Yes. Police might have hoped / suspected it came out near the A&W Gas Station.

The fact that they were so quick to clear this situation tells me that they already know who it is JMO
Not necessarily. There are several reasons why LE was quick to clear it; different MO, different weapon, different behavior, different location (even though I know it's only about 10 miles away), etc. This is JMO.

the white vehicle is a police car. I saw an unedited version on NewsNation which showed the kids faces on TV. In the clip the officer asks why they didn’t stop. The kids say we didn’t know u were LE. Then a kid asks the officer "is that ur car?" Officer responds yes they are making use hybrids to save gas.

Ok that makes sense.

I SO agree with the Walmart quote. They all get caught on Walmart surveillance.
I get a weird vibe from this interview… not sure if it’s just this guy trying to get his 15 minutes or what. Seems strange that the girls would bring a stalker issue up to this essential stranger and odd that he brings up the Corner Club where it’s widely known they were that night. Anyone else?
What caught my attention was that he said it was 3 weeks before the murders, but then, in another quote, he said he was telling them all to have a happy Thanksgiving. Three weeks before the murders would have been BEFORE Halloween which seems too early to be wishing people a happy Thanksgiving.

Yep. Putting him on my "do not trust" list for people speaking out on this case.
Young - and actually even older - people often talk freely about themselves to clerks at businesses they frequent often. I know this because I own a business that has many return customers and they tell me a lot of personal info/stories. Plus I ask a lot of questions because it’s interesting and I care about my customers. I’m chatty. Just like this guy.
Perhaps LE could check this store’s video security if they have it - and being a vape store I would think they do - perhaps this ‘stalker’ may have followed her there to the vape store on one or more occasions?

The vape guy says Kaylee had a lot of problems with stalkers and guys following her.

Is that common for young women?

I know she is particularly attractive and based on Instagram wears quite revealing clothes.
I don't mean that in a "victim blaming" way.
I think women should wear what they want and men should treat them with respect regardless.

My female friends get male attention in bars and out at night, but I wouldn't call it stalking

This is what I was thinking too. I believe it was mentioned in an official police update last week sometime.

Edit -here it is from the police FAQ page

Using tips and leads, investigators have identified an incident involving Kaylee at a local business, which may have been the stalker reference she made to friends and family. In mid-October, two males were seen inside a local business; they parted ways, and one male appeared to follow Kaylee inside the business and as she exited to walk toward her car. The male turned away, and it did not appear he made any contact with her. Detectives contacted both males and learned the two were attempting to meet women at the business, this was corroborated through additional investigation. Based on available information, detectives believe this was an isolated incident and not an ongoing pattern of stalking. No evidence suggests the two males were involved in the murders.
What kind of “tips and leads” would MPD have been able to use to conduct such an extensive investigation into an incident a month prior to the murders?

Perhaps surveillance videos?

Moo

I am in the UK. We have what is called a Family Liaison Officer (FLO) assigned to families through LE. When a crime has happened that fits into an appropriate category, the FLO will also act as the point of contact. The FLO is assigned to the family or each family from the start of the case to the trial. Categories include:
  • murder;
  • manslaughter;
  • corporate manslaughter;
  • familial homicide;
  • causing death by dangerous driving;
  • causing death by careless driving while unfit through drink or drugs;
  • causing death by careless or inconsiderate driving;
  • causing death by driving whilst unlicensed, disqualified or uninsured; and
  • aggravated vehicle taking where death is caused
The above offences must have been committed or prosecuted in England or Wales to qualify.
Honestly I have to think we have that here in the US. Maybe and I’m guessing here, that that’s not working out for the G family. But particularly in a mass homicide there would be basic resources? They have that in hospitals for ICU pts so I’d be dumbfounded if that wasn’t provided. Anyone know how that works?

It's unclear if the white car in the footage is the same Hyundai Elantra investigators are trying to track down.
I'm willing to bet this video LE received early on is where they got that side view photo of the car they distributed with their request to the public...... unless LE got their photo by Googling it and acquiring a random image of said car and used that; in which case, I'd be wrong.:confused:

Why do you think E & X were in the car?
The CCTV taken from Linda Lane suggests that there was little traffic at that time of day, so the car that drove Xana home at 1:45 was also on the footage.

" ... he turned over surveillance video showing a white car zoom by around the time of the murders. ...

Kayle Goncalves, Madison Mogen, Xana Kernodle and Ethan Chapin were stabbed to death inside 1122 King Road Nov. 13 between 3 a.m. and 4 a.m. ...

Francetich described as both "white" and "light colored" traveled west on Taylor Road sometime between 2:45 a.m. and 3:15 a.m., he said. Only a side view of the car is visible in the footage. ...

Francetich said he also noticed what looked like a sedan traveling west toward 1122 King Road at around 1:45 a.m. then head back toward the highway a few minutes later. He suspects this may have been the "third-party driver" who dropped Goncalves and Mogen off before the slayings."

Google Maps

View attachment 387869Image 1 - Approximate view of security footage from Linda Lane which captured the dark sedan (likely the private driver who dropped M and K off) passing around 1:45am and driving away again soon after. Then the white car between 2:45am and 3am.
Image 2 - Shows Linda Lane in relation to 1122 King Road
Image 3 - Shows the route from the liquor store to 1122 King Road which passes directly by this camera.
The neighbour mentioned the white car zooming past between 2:45am and 3:15am, interestingly, he did not mention it returning past as he did with the Sedan, perhaps white car left via another route. View attachment 387870View attachment 387871
Great work!

Oh god...I'm so sorry to hear about the death of your friend. Big hug.
Assigning one spokesperson would be brilliant. Doubt the thought has even occurred to them.
It seems that families in these situations have no where to turn for advice.
It's not as if you can call the "Serial Killer Hotline", for help.
And the one attorney that's been hired doesn't seem to be much help either.
I have heard of support groups for family and friends of murder victims. Maybe they meet online and in person.

I was referring to the actual Moscow PD media release that stated:
“Detectives are seeking all outside surveillance video taken from 3 a.m. to 6 a.m. on Sunday, November 13, 2022, from businesses and residences within the geographical area listed below. Detectives request all available videos – whether there appears to be motion and content or not.
• West Taylor Ave (north boundary)
• West Palouse River Dr (south boundary)
To streamline media inquiries and requests, please send them to
• Highway 95 south to the 2700 block of Highway 95 S (east boundary)
• Arboretum & Botanical Garden (west boundary)”

Here’s the full link:
Thank you for this, you greatly cleared things up for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18